News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well the strategy is to let recent additions, along with Test Track 3 and new entertainment, carry them through the opening of Epic, which was always going to be a big deal regardless of what Disney did. Then Disney comes back in force in 2027.
Yeah, it really doesn't make sense for Disney to go head to head with Epic in 2025-2026. l
Looks like a lot of this stuff is planned to open after the initial guide from Epic has wound down

CoasterCowboy67

I think it makes too much sense in Animation Courtyard. My slight concern is that they’re redoing the Mermaid show as we speak and its position is part of the U-shaped plaza in AC that appears to be the layout for Monstropolis (in both artworks, frankly). As someone else suggested they’d have to create a facade there to create the illusion of Monstropolis buildings, and then move the mermaid entrance to the side next to One Man’s Dream

In the Grand Avenue area, i was imagining the Monstropolis building would be behind it in the parking lot, and not eat into the middle of the park where the Sci Fi diner is. That feels like it would be unnecessarily disruptive to the park

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Yeah, it really doesn't make sense for Disney to go head to head with Epic in 2025-2026. l
Looks like a lot of this stuff is planned to open after the initial guide from Epic has wound down
I don’t think Disney planned to just cede the next 3 years, they got caught unprepared and had a series of mistakes and underperforming new attractions. Arrogance on their part?

What happens when USO keeps building onto Epic when Disney is doing the same at WDW?

ToTBellHop

There were 3 properties sketched in for the AC revitalization...

This is the best of the 3... and I sincerely hope it stayed as and where it was intended.
Yes. I will be extremely disappointed if it needlessly replaces two popular attractions. In AC, it makes the park better. In Grand Ave, at best it’s a lateral move but perhaps even a downgrade if it’s really just one coaster that will inevitably break down a lot.

gorillaball

I don’t think Disney planned to just cede the next 3 years, they got caught unprepared and had a series of mistakes and underperforming new attractions. Arrogance on their part?

What happens when USO keeps building onto Epic when Disney is doing the same at WDI
Stay on topic, “Uni will rule the world and Disney will close its doors“ chat you may continue in the other 10 threads you mentions the same garbage.

Topic: Monsters Inc to HS

Ichabod Crane

Yes. I will be extremely disappointed if it needlessly replaces two popular attractions. In AC, it makes the park better. In Grand Ave, at best it’s a lateral move but perhaps even a downgrade if it’s really just one coaster that will inevitably break down a lot.
Yeah if it goes to AC/launch bay like it’s supposed to it’ll serve as an actual expansion and get the park’s ride count into the double digits. If it goes into Muppets/Star Tours then it’s a no net gain and a likely capacity decrease even.

trainplane3

Dual loading and quad lift tracks (presumably screen-enhanced show scenes) leading to a traditional gravity section?

I'm impressed.
Quad lifts makes sense. You need backups because it's bound to be the most problematic part of the ride. After the initial lift I'll take a guess and say it's a tire lift (or boost) because Vekomas usually use that on their family stuff. Heck, even GotG uses it.

MerlinTheGoat

So i'm curious whether this ride is going to have varied scenery incorporating the bedrooms that the doors lead into. Or will it take place exclusively in the industrial door warehouse? Because even with the Monsters characters and their interesting designs, I hope it's not just the latter case. By itself, the door warehouse is a very visually uninteresting and boring environment (incidentally it also made for one of the most bland and ugly/lazy looking floats in Paint the Night). The movie offsets this otherwise bland environment by the characters constantly jumping through the doors and winding up in bedrooms from all around the worlds like Japan, Hawaii and Paris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom