News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Brer Panther

I love Monsters Inc., so yeah, I'm happy about this. I just hope it doesn't replace the Muppets.
My other wonder is if Laugh Floor could be moved here
I think they should do this. It'd add more to do at Hollywood Studios, which needs all the help it can get, and would make much more sense there than in Tomorrowland.

Only downside is, then we'd have TWO empty buildings in Tomorrowland.

DCLcruiser

The coaster building will take up a lot of space. There is so much room with Launch Bay and AC. Plus the space next to it. Muppets is an option, but I feel like ST and it are popular.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 10.18.05 AM.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Whatever is coming won’t be seeing guests till the end of the decade at the earliest. Epic will be on Phase 2 by then.

2025-2027 is going to be a very challenging time for WDW.
Well the strategy is to let recent additions, along with Test Track 3 and new entertainment, carry them through the opening of Epic, which was always going to be a big deal regardless of what Disney did. Then Disney comes back in force in 2027.

Alice a

If this actually replaces Muppets I think I might just be…done with HS. There’s nothing left after that.
as adults with motion-sickness, we haven't been for years, even though we always have hoppers and stay at crescent lake. It was my favorite park as a teen and early twenty-something.

We are that coveted demographic that always stay deluxe and buy a ton on merch. Our visits and spending have declined steadily over the past decade. Muppets is the last attraction I remember from my first trip as a teen in the early\mid-90s that I can still ride and remains unchanged.

I really do wish with DHS 2.0 they would’ve used Pixar Place as a palette for having “neighborhoods” of mini lands for their IP’s instead of having TSL as one big outdoor area, and having Monsters as a sub Pixar land..

But this does satisfy a very long awaited desire.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Well the strategy is to let recent additions, along with Test Track 3 and new entertainment, carry them through the opening of Epic, which was always going to be a big deal regardless of what Disney did. Then Disney comes back in force in 2027.
I’m staying at a very empty Wilderness Lodge this week. Was also at a very empty Epcot yesterday. I’m in a not crowded MK right now. Other than the corn dog stand coming in the next 3 years, I just don’t see anything 2024-2027 that brings value for guests to spend ever increasing more money at the parks.

The concerning part is that Disney has developed a really bad public perception due to the cost and lack of value. Cost was always a negative factor but was offset by the perceived value. Not so much any more.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It would be very disappointing to lose Muppets and Star Tours for this. The latter would be surprising since they like creating new scenes with Star Wars releases that they can easily roll out across several resorts.
Stars tours is the least surprising to me. Once galaxy edge opened, I always thought its days were numbered.

Mike S

The potential capacity of this ride is a little concerning. I don't see any situation where this ride has better capacity than Slinky or Seven Drawves and we know the lines those two rides get. At least this ride has the potential for most (all?) of the queue being indoor which may help.
Woke up this morning and couldn’t help but draw comparison to Donkey Kong being built over at Universal: A ride concept people have wanted for decades but in order to be faithful to said concept it has to be low capacity. Maybe that’s why we’re getting this just like Monsters to Villains lol.
animation courtyard is where it should go. that mermaid show show should not have been redone. it should just be removed.

concerning that a whole land is one ride now and a slide? move laugh floor or copy one of the other non height restricted rides from another park. dhs needs it desperately to go with this coaster. any placement besides the launch bay is a terrible mistake.
My vote would be to clone Ride and Go Seek from Tokyo.

celluloid

Woke up this morning and couldn’t help but draw comparison to Donkey Kong being built over at Universal: A ride concept people have wanted for decades but in order to be faithful to said concept it has to be low capacity. Maybe that’s why we’re getting this just like Monsters to Villains lol.

Almost as if it is all knee jerk reaction.:p

Donkey Kong will have a higher capacity than Monsters doors likely due to block brakes unless Monsters Inc is very long with long trains and pulls a Big Thunder with a ton of block brakes, not likely.

The difference is Monsters doors is four to five years out, and Epic is less than 11 months.

Donkey Kong will be a new take on a WIld Mouse thrill with the verticle derailment illusion of jumps.

Monsters Inc is going to likely be a variation/clone of Dragonflier at Dollywood in a box with the theming.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Based on the testing videos we saw of Donkey Kong, seems that ride will have a maximum hourly capacity of around 900-950 pph. Hoping Door Coaster has slightly better, but we'll see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom