News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

radiorae

1BC6EFFB-02CA-42E7-8D15-1A5F7898634D.jpeg

One piece of concept art looks a lot like Grand Ave. The other looks a lot like Animation Courtyard. Is it possible they’ve done the math on both plots and are floating them out there in the public to gauge reaction? Or do we think the location has 100% been confirmed by someone holding a shovel ready to break ground already?

TrainsOfDisney

I have noticed that the piece of concept art they’ve decided to showcase for this on their various social media accounts is the one that closer fits the AC plot, so that’s potentially good news.
Yes, and the physical model matches the facade and structure in AC that they most likely intend to keep and use. That physical model doesn’t naturally fit into an area around muppets / star tours.
This is probably a stupid question, but I’ll ask it anyway. If this goes into Animation Courtyard, is the door coaster replacing RnRC? I know they’d have to gut the existing track system seeing how it’s completely different.
Not if it goes into AC. I had thought it may end up replacing rnrc based on the art of the huge building but this actually looks like a pretty small and compact coaster design.

Captain Barbossa

Not if it goes into AC. I had thought it may end up replacing rnrc based on the art of the huge building but this actually looks like a pretty small and compact coaster design.
If that’s the case, I’ll be pleased, and a smidge surprised. I know there’s been several ideas over the years for AC with a new pathway leading to a rethemed RnRC. Will be nice if this is a separate coaster.

celluloid

It does not. The door coaster won't go upside down. It is family friendly.

DK capacity is going to be awful. Even before the just posted models assuming they asked Vekoma for capacity this ride system could do Guardians capacity if they wanted it to.

Did not say capacity for DK would be great. But it will be better than a Vekoma Suspended. Long train family coasters typically only one on the track. Maybe two if we get a Tron situation of a lot of blocks.

Casper Gutman

So i'm curious whether this ride is going to have varied scenery incorporating the bedrooms that the doors lead into. Or will it take place exclusively in the industrial door warehouse? Because even with the Monsters characters and their interesting designs, I hope it's not just the latter case. By itself, the door warehouse is a very visually uninteresting and boring environment (incidentally it also made for one of the most bland and ugly/lazy looking floats in Paint the Night). The movie offsets this otherwise bland environment by the characters constantly jumping through the doors and winding up in bedrooms from all around the worlds like Japan, Hawaii and Paris.
Yeah, the model is not reassuring. The whole point of a door coaster is to go THROUGH the doors…

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’ve never heard of a MI coaster with inversions.
It does not. The door coaster won't go upside down. It is family friendly.
Good news for me then:). I don’t do upside down. I don’t mind fast or drops at all, ToT and Hagrids are 2 of my favorite rides. Family friendly is probably best for this park. The height limit will knock out the pre-school crowd but it looks like some type of play area in the concept art maybe.

MagicHappens1971

Construction will take years. Mermaid can play for a year or two of busy holiday seasons while the Main attraction and rest get built.
They said ground is breaking next year. Even if they just start on the show building for the Coaster, it’s going to take a while to convert the Mermaid building into something else. The Disney junior building as Harry Hausens makes sense as they can connect it to brown derby and share a kitchen.

radiorae

What are the chances, assuming the AC plan is a go, they’ll move Disney junior elsewhere in the park (Mickey shorts theater + Olaf/Minnie M&G area maybe?) and use that space for part of the land? Not sure how much space you could recover but that might fit Harry Hausens. Maybe brown derby and HH share a kitchen?

Sectorkeeper71

They said ground is breaking next year. Even if they just start on the show building for the Coaster, it’s going to take a while to convert the Mermaid building into something else. The Disney junior building as Harry Hausens makes sense as they can connect it to brown derby and share a kitchen.
I’m p sure the Disney junior building was originally a restaurant back in the day too. So

1723398161023.gif

celluloid

Mermaid opens this fall/Christmas time.
Mermaid's building in two years will become an indoor playground area/meet and greet and shopping. It won't take that long.

They run Mermaid until that part is one of the last to redo and the more elaborate gets finished.

It checks out.

MouseEarsMom33

Whatever is coming won’t be seeing guests till the end of the decade at the earliest. Epic will be on Phase 2 by then.

2025-2027 is going to be a very challenging time for WDW.
It depends on Universal's strategy. Right now, it seems like there may only be one day at Epic Universe on most/all multi-day tickets to start. If this is the case, it may actually impact a lot of Universal trips in 2025 (including mine) and there may be more split visits. If they can open Tropical Americas early 2027 and another ride in 2027, they may be looking at most impact in 2026.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom