News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

cjkeating

Does it go upside down?
It does not. The door coaster won't go upside down. It is family friendly.
Donkey Kong will have a higher capacity than Monsters doors likely due to block brakes unless Monsters Inc is very long with long trains and pulls a Big Thunder with a ton of block brakes, not likely.
DK capacity is going to be awful. Even before the just posted models assuming they asked Vekoma for capacity this ride system could do Guardians capacity if they wanted it to.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
So i'm curious whether this ride is going to have varied scenery incorporating the bedrooms that the doors lead into. Or will it take place exclusively in the industrial door warehouse? Because even with the Monsters characters and their interesting designs, I hope it's not just the latter case. By itself, the door warehouse is a very visually uninteresting and boring environment (incidentally it also made for one of the most bland and ugly/lazy looking floats in Paint the Night). The movie offsets this otherwise bland environment by the characters constantly jumping through the doors and winding up in bedrooms from all around the worlds like Japan, Hawaii and Paris.
While I agree that it would be nice to jump through some doors, I think the door vault by itself can work if they have hundreds of little doors zipping around a variety of false tracks as seen in the film. It would be a whirlwind of colors and kinetics.

Deadly Danson

One question for anyone that might know: I can't for the life of me figure out why they would choose to build this in the Muppets area (if that is the plan) which has existing attractions and dining over building it in Animation Courtyard where it's easier to build, won't involve losing much and adds capacity? Is there a financial benefit or do they have bigger plans for AC or is there some other reason? I mean there would surely have to be some reason and if there isn't then it will surely go in AC.

JustInTime

I want this to be correct but how do you figure?
I think because the model matches this concept more? Hope they are right.
IMG_4768.jpeg

MagicHappens1971

Yeah…. Seeing the model makes me think AC for sure. The playhouse Disney area could easily become a small restaurant / lounge and share the kitchen with Brown Derby.

I do wonder if this is why we heard nothing about Mermaid?
They do still intend to open Mermaid, which makes no sense…. Unless they some how reroute entrance / exit through One Mans Dream.

cjkeating

Captain Barbossa

This is probably a stupid question, but I’ll ask it anyway. If this goes into Animation Courtyard, is the door coaster replacing RnRC? I know they’d have to gut the existing track system seeing how it’s completely different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom