News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

etc98

The only thing keeping me from thinking this was an unmitigated success of an evening is the fact that we don't know if Muppets survives this or not. It's absolutely clinically insane to release two contradicting pieces of concept art to an audience you know has a history of hyper analyzing every last detail.

But I will say - obviously the Lion King concept art was incorrect as compared to the model sneak peak they released on socials that draws inspiration from the animated movies.

So clearly Daddy D'Amaro's team is playing VERY fast and loose with the concept art for this presentation.
Not to mention that the concept art for Encanto seems to pretty clearly crop out the ride vehicles, probably because the ride system changed since the art was created, but they still wanted to show that piece of art at the event.

The things they announced today have all been rumored for so long and in so many places and forms, there's probably tons variations of artwork, and they didn't really care to make sure what they showed matched what they were actually building

CoasterFan27

Yeah, everyone's saying that makes no sense, but it's exactly what they're doing over in Animal Kingdom.
That's definitely different, converting a bit of a weird and lightly themed area into a fully fleshed out one, reimagining 1 ride and adding another ride.

Replacing Muppets and that whole area would be completely different. And as I've seen so much from people on this forum you and LSLS are just imagining slights to be annoyed about, you don't even know where they're putting this yet and complaining as if the worst possible situation has already come to be.

Honestly thing this might be my last day checking this forum, I've never experienced a community so keen to whine about literally everything real or imagined.

Last edited:

CoasterFan27

The second concept is this, I think:

It’s taken from the purple circle.

Harryhausen's is the blue and would be taking over Sci Fi Dine in.

Red is where the door coaster will go…maybe?

View attachment 808111

View attachment 808112
If that were right, the large building would be on the current path and backing into galaxy's edge. It maps up quite well, assuming they chopped Sci-Fi Theatre's building down, but it doesn't look like it'd physically fit.

If they did put it here and/or replace Muppets it would be locking off any potential for them ever expanding Galaxy's Edge to meet up with Star Tours, so hopefully it's safe for now even if just so they have the option of removing Muppets one day for that purpose.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
While star tours should be moved to Star Wars land, they shouldn’t be removing it or muppets. They’ll have a riot on their hands if they take muppets lol but we’ll see

There are other places this could go with less impact. Let’s hope it goes there

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The potential capacity of this ride is a little concerning. I don't see any situation where this ride has better capacity than Slinky or Seven Drawves and we know the lines those two rides get. At least this ride has the potential for most (all?) of the queue being indoor which may help.

bmr1591

If it’s not in AC for some reason, then they *have* to have something else planned for that area. It would make zero sense to take away Star Tours and Muppets while that whole side is vacant. Also, from a theme perspective, it would be better to keep it near the other Pixar properties for the inevitable “Pixar Studios Land” that will come with new leadership.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom