News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

I'll just put in my 2 cents that I think they should keep the VOTLM building and Disney Jr and have this replace the footpring of the Animation building specifically. No reason not to keep the LM and Disney Jr shows around. If you tears down Launch Bay and the buildings behind it there is plenty of space to add Monstropolis (and connect it to the RNR area).

I would personally change the current Pixar Place to Walt Disney Presents to VOTLM/Disney Jr and have that be a "land" called Animation Avenue. Then has Monsters Inc be a new land next to it.

JustInTime

The second concept is this, I think:

It’s taken from the purple circle.

Harryhausen's is the blue and would be taking over Sci Fi Dine in.

Red is where the door coaster will go…maybe?

IMG_4765.jpeg

IMG_4766.jpeg

rct247

My vote is definitely Animation Courtyard. The design of the Star Wars Launch Bay building lends itself to the Monsters Incorporated building. The facade on the land overview, seems to fall in line with Disney Junior getting a make over with a city facade losing the outdated studio sound stage set up. It could very well be converted back into a restaurant since it was one at one time with the Soundstage Restaurant. It shares a kitchen with Brown Derby and the Cast cafeteria. It could become Harryhausen's. The courtyard also depicted seemed to match the existing Animation courtyard. The Star Wars Launch Bay goes back pretty far on its foot print. It also had a parking lot behind it (behind Sunset Ranch) and the Feature Animation building could potentially be razed or repurposed as the show building.

The real question is what becomes of Mermaid and Walt Disney Presents. It may be odd for WDP to exit out into Monstropolis, but even more odd to have a new mermaid show here. Could the plans for Mermaid be scrapped or just temporary? Based on the concept art, that is where a playground might be.

It doesn't make sense in the Muppet courtyard because they just did that work in 2017 for PizzeRizzo. The coaster building would be in the Cast parking lot, but would have to cross over the backstage road like Guardians does at Epcot. The Muppet theater also just got new seats and carpet. As far as other places, leading off behind Sunset Ranch would be odd. Replacing Coaster after so much work has been put into it the past 2 years wouldn't make sense. Tearing down Theater of the Stars in favor of this mini-land would be jarring off Sunset.

My other guess though is off of Echo Lake. Indy is a huge plot of land with Backlot Express in need of a retheme as well. That show still packs in crowds though.

Monstropolis.png

Last edited:

UNCgolf

The second concept is this, I think:

It’s taken from the purple circle.

Harryhausen's is the blue and would be taking over Sci Fi Dine in.

Red is where the door coaster will go…maybe?

View attachment 808111

View attachment 808112

Eliminating Sci-Fi and another attraction for this would be almost a worst case scenario. The park doesn't need to replace anything right now; it's already severely lacking.

hopemax

Could they be thinking something like demolishing the Studio 1 store building to create the courtyard, and the restaurant is a Mama Melrose replacement. Somehow leaving Star Tours and Muppets alone? New building in parking lot, blocked by ROTR building from Galaxy’s Edge perspective?

Last edited:

Karakasa

I concur with the idea I've seen around that it would make sense to slot in Laugh Floor here. Not only would it add capacity just by itself, but if you make it two theaters, that doubles the amount of guests that can be eaten instead of waiting in line somewhere else.

And yes. Yes. There NEEDS to be Harryhausen's. It'd probably be the highlight of the land for me, it's just such a fun concept.

As long as Star Tours and especially Muppets aren't being replaced, I'm down for this addition/semi-replacement.

TimeDuck

The only thing keeping me from thinking this was an unmitigated success of an evening is the fact that we don't know if Muppets survives this or not. It's absolutely clinically insane to release two contradicting pieces of concept art to an audience you know has a history of hyper analyzing every last detail.

But I will say - obviously the Lion King concept art was incorrect as compared to the model sneak peak they released on socials that draws inspiration from the animated movies.

So clearly Daddy D'Amaro's team is playing VERY fast and loose with the concept art for this presentation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom