News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

James Alucobond

The only way it makes sense to me is if we’re looking at the land from opposite sides? The scare floor show building is large enough that I think it’s the ride building and the center of the land. One side of the land has the entrance to the factory and the Sulley slide (and I presume a whole playground) and the other side has the Harryhausen’s restaurant and market etc

But even then it’s still weird having the Harryhausen logo in two wildly different places in relation to the Scare Floor in each photo
In the claimed Grand Avenue image, the little water tower makes me think the background might actually be an adapted PizzeRizzo facade?

CJR

Let's remember that MuppetVision was painted grey as it is visible from SWGE... this show building will be much taller so would be extremely visible from within the land.

I also don't see them blocking off the main entrance of Galaxy's Edge for construction.

If that were Grand Avenue in the background, that whole area would be seeing major structural changes since only one building looks like the current Grand Avenue buildings. There's also not a water tower right there, where the sci-fi dine-in would be.

Looks like two very different pieces of art, but I'm placing my bet on Animation Courtyard for the above reasons.

I would question if One Man's Dream would empty out into this though.

EricsBiscuit

This has GOT to be Animation Courtyard. It's right next to Toy Story Land, and the little Pixar area. It would make perfect sense. I know the concept art looks like Grand Ave, but that's just what Monstropolis looks like, even in the movie.
It makes perfect sense to put it in AC, which is why Disney won’t put it there. They’re too dumb.

Gusey

Why it can't be Grand Avenue:
  • You'd be able to see it from Galaxy's Edge
  • The back of the building would be facing Echo Lake, wouldn't look good to have a big building in the middle of the park,
  • The show building needs to be at the back of a land on the edge of the park, so you don't have to walk all the way around it

Mike S

I also don't see them blocking off the main entrance of Galaxy's Edge for construction.

If that were Grand Avenue in the background, that whole area would be seeing major structural changes since only one building looks like the current Grand Avenue buildings. There's also not a water tower right there, where the sci-fi dine-in would be.

Looks like two very different pieces of art, but I'm placing my bet on Animation Courtyard for the above reasons.

I would question if One Man's Dream would empty out into this though.
I really hope you’re right.

I also can’t believe the Door Coaster is going to be real and that it’s actually still going to WDW and not one of the foreign parks.

cjkeating

The 'Grand Avenue' concept art looks like something from when they may have considered turning MuppetVision into MILF for some unknown reason once upon a time.

The MV show building is just wayyyyy too small to fit in a coaster on the scale I'd expect this to be. Nevermind pre-show, queue line etc. So repurposing saves no money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom