News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

start next year in finish in 203?
a land should have multiple rides not one. hopefully this goes in animation courtyard

Yeah, I'm excited by the concept of a Monstropolis area. But I'm dismayed with the mention of only one ride - seemingly a thrill ride with height restriction - when the park needs a bunch more. This expansion needs to have another ride or two, even a show.

And it better go into Animation Courtyard replacing the Animation building. If this replaces Muppets/Star Tours, it's a massive fail making the park worse.

Last edited:

Sorcerer Mickey

Yeah, I'm excited by the concept of a Monstropolis area. But I'm dismayed with the mention of only one ride - seemingly a thrill ride with height restriction - when the park needs a bunch more. This expansion needs to have another ride or two, even a show.

And it better go into Animation Courtyard replacing the Animation building. It this replaces Muppets/Star Tours, it's a massive fail making the park worse.
Agreed. Hollywood Studios needs a handful more kid-friendly C- or D-tickets.

UNCgolf

And it better go into Animation Courtyard replacing the Animation building. It this replaces Muppets/Star Tours, it's a massive fail making the park worse.

A suspended coaster is just about the last thing DHS needs. I don't think they should be building another coaster there period right now -- the park is already heavy on thrill rides -- but if they do, they at least have to have some kind of major high capacity attraction along with it. There was no indication of that, though.

If this is replacing Star Tours, it may actually make the park worse.

Last edited:

YodaMan

D6759FF7-44AC-4577-9C22-C0A9A4C5521C.jpeg
I’m fully expecting this to be Animation Courtyard and they’re using “land” a bit liberally. Mermaid is likely safe because it’s just finally reopening. And the fact that the concept art doesn’t address the left side makes me think that it’s awkwardly the Mermaid building. I assume Disney Junior becomes shops/restaurants. And Launch Bay becomes the Queue building of the scare floor with the backstage Animation Building being destroyed as the show building for the door coaster. Possibly going into more backstage areas/offices/parking if needed.

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
I hope they don’t sacrifice the beloved Muppet-Vision 3D and instead sacrifice the Launch Bay attraction, as like I said has pretty much no purpose in a post SWGE world, and the Animation Courtyard as a whole is pretty much empty right now, and this Monsters Inc land will bring some new life, otherwise the only negative of this new land if it’s true, is taking MV3D down for all the sad and unfortunate reasons 😢

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
View attachment 808075I’m fully expecting this to be Animation Courtyard and they’re using “land” a bit liberally. Mermaid is likely safe because it’s just finally reopening. And the fact that the concept art doesn’t address the left side makes me think that it’s awkwardly the Mermaid building. I assume Disney Junior becomes shops/restaurants. And Launch Bay becomes the Queue building of the scare floor with the backstage Animation Building being destroyed as the show building for the door coaster. Possibly going into more backstage areas/offices/parking if needed.
1723350970148.png

SteamboatJoe

View attachment 808075I’m fully expecting this to be Animation Courtyard and they’re using “land” a bit liberally. Mermaid is likely safe because it’s just finally reopening. And the fact that the concept art doesn’t address the left side makes me think that it’s awkwardly the Mermaid building. I assume Disney Junior becomes shops/restaurants. And Launch Bay becomes the Queue building of the scare floor with the backstage Animation Building being destroyed as the show building for the door coaster. Possibly going into more backstage areas/offices/parking if needed.
I hope this is it. Makes sense from a sightline perspective given the height of the Monsters Inc. building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom