News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

LSLS

So it's kind of become obvious that management believes the only way to get people to pay the price of admission is having new things. The fact they think nostalgia play no part in people going is an interesting play (or maybe worse, they want their hand in everything in the parks so they will change anything older than their leadership just to change). It might be good for single visits, but will relying solely on new rides really keep repeat customers when there is nothing new? And if not, can you survive on new people only (and shrink that pool a lot further with the prices)?

CoasterCowboy67

4 makes sense if they have dual load, but I cannot see any realistic scenario where 1 load could warrant 4 elevators. The elevator show scene would have to be over a minute, which I wouldn’t really expect.
I agree. The part of the model with the 4 elevator tracks look like 2 side-by-side scare floors. The upside-down L shaped supports in the left of the movie screenshot (below) correspond to half of the “X” supports in the model. Think that rules out 1 big room or 4 individual show scenes. In each of the 2 scare floors, as you said, we’re plucked from the ceiling and taken up to the track as in the movie (and screenshot)

Question is where you load:
  1. One option is in the scare floor itself, and are immediately plucked up from the station. Would be pretty wild to see trains of guests getting plucked into the sky while you’re waiting to board yours — do any other coaster do this? Downside is that it’s then hard to make it a proper show scene given it’s all open to the boarding guests below, though they could achieve a lot with on-board audio
  2. Alternatively, the model suggests there may be enough space for 2 loading areas in the diagonal sections just before the scare floors. I think these are then dual loading / unloading, which justifies each of those getting 2 elevators to stagger (4 overall). If they go this route, the scare floor elevators are “private”, so you can make it more of a show scene
In both scenarios, I see the L area before the split to tracks as one final show scene (Boo’s bedroom?) as we say goodbye and travel through one last door to HQ for unloading

Either way, I’m super stoked about this one

1723546471267.jpeg

Gusey

I didn't clock in the parks panel that construction begins in 2025 for this new land.
Tropical Americas begins construction in 2024 and opens 2027
Monsters and Cars both begin construction in 2025, so one will likely open in 2028 (Monsters) and the other in 2029 (Cars?) or both the same year???

ChewbaccaYourMum

I didn't clock in the parks panel that construction begins in 2025 for this new land.
Tropical Americas begins construction in 2024 and opens 2027
Monsters and Cars both begin construction in 2025, so one will likely open in 2028 (Monsters) and the other in 2029 (Cars?) or both the same year???
If I was a betting man I'd say
2027 - Tropical Americas
2028 - Monsters and Cars
2029 - Villains

I kept seeing on twitter Disney is saying that everything announced will be open within 5 years. As long as that's truly what happens, it makes sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess so, but I think it's also very important to factor in that it's good to have something new opening every year if they could. Good for attendance and keeping people coming back. We keep hearing reports of attendance being slightly down. Having something opening every year is good
Attendance is down by a “bit”

Recent changes in the dynamics of travelers doesn’t really indicate opening new rides increases draw of new customers or repeats as it did for us in the good old days. It’s cost prohibitive.

They need more…for sure…so the parks don’t stagnate. But I’m not sure anything they do here moves the needle much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom