News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm trying to have a little bit of faith.

From a capacity perspective, which is most problematic at DHS, it would be contradictory to add a thrill rollercoaster by closing down attractions without height/thrill restrictions. It would be bad for families.

They have made questionable operations calls before: "They have done this before with TGRM and MMRR".

No they haven't. This is not an apple-to-apple comparison. MMRR eliminated the TGMR 40" height requirement (and ditched the problematic licensing of it). More people can ride MMRR than TGMR.

Closing down two attractions doesn't add up operationally, unless there are more DHS moves we don't know about. Or maybe it's only Muppets or maybe only Star Tours, but I can't see both in any scenario.

Animation Courtyard is dead space at DHS. That's the play.
Been saying this for years, what a waste of space. When the Door Coaster was first rumored years ago, my first thought was if that ever happened what a perfect space for a land there. It not only adds capacity but also disperses the crowds across the park fairly evenly.

DisneyFan18

Would Muppets 3D Vision even need to close for the Grand Avenue proposal?
IMG_8037.jpeg

Based on it, they seem to be removing the dotted line and building a in the back.
IMG_8040.jpeg

Purduevian

Chef idea Mickey`=

They called it a land. Land implies multiple attractions, even if they only talked about one. Cars is getting two attractions and it’s not even its own land.
They don't want to call it a Cars Land, it's environment is instead of Desert now is the Great Frontier and so Frontierland. If given the name Cars Land then it would had to been Radiator Spring's and Radiator Spring's Racers or another environment corresponding to where Lightning raced which they aren't interested.

Moth

Little did we know this whole time the Muppets were just Monsters trying to capture laugh energy (There are worse backstories for an attraction)
What do you mean? Kermit and James P Sullivan came up with an agreement. Muppet theater still stands and the monsters get the laughter from the theater, both win!

See, the Monster designs from Monsters Inc are very Jim Henson influenced, I believe we can have a GASP.... THEMED LAND versus a strictly series-based land that has both Muppets and Monsters.

But this is Iger's Disney, it's either single IP lands or get out.

Sneaky

What do you mean? Kermit and James P Sullivan came up with an agreement. Muppet theater still stands and the monsters get the laughter from the theater, both win!

See, the Monster designs from Monsters Inc are very Jim Henson influenced, I believe we can have a GASP.... THEMED LAND versus a strictly series-based land that has both Muppets and Monsters.

But this is Iger's Disney, it's either single IP lands or get out.
I’d be down, but if they built it where the shop is now, how would people get out of that skinny pathway? Also what’d they call it, comedy courtyard?

Sneaky

Tbh if their deadset on monsters for muppets, put a new muppets ride In Indy’s place. Heck, use the ride and go seek system if they want something to attract more people! Make it a studio tour through the muppet lot!
Imagine:
“Yes we’re closing muppetvision 3D, but we’re building something even bigger for the muppets”

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don’t think the Muppets are nearly popular enough for a big ride. We’d be lucky to get a rethemed Cosmic Rizzo’s Moonlight Cafe.
That’s true…but TRON isn’t exactly something with a large fan base either. It’s still IP. If they do anything right, people will enjoy it. They seem to forget that though and just think shoving IP in anything makes it good. Looking at you Tiana

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom