News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Adding new things increases operating costs without necessarily increasing revenue. Disney now seems to be in a mode where they are trying to get as much money out of current guests with as possible without increasing operating costs.
this is true... Disney is also playing with a fine line there between being successful at that and guest satisfaction

LL's we pay for would be so much better the more attractions there are to use them on
more attractions = more money to build, operate, and maintain them

Would more or less people buy LL's with more attractions to use them on? That is the question.

Di$ney does what Di$ney thinks is best for them... not us (anymore)

If only those making the decisions had to spend a week in the park navigating and experiencing it like we do.

I could see them bringing monster’s inc laugh floor to the Muppets theater, paving the way to fully redo Tomorrowland.
I really don't think the presence of the Laugh Floor is preventing a redo of Tomorrowland. Is the Laugh Floor even popular enough to consider rebuilding it elsewhere? And if it did move, I wouldn't be surprised to just see yet another empty space in TL, right across from the perpetually doomed Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars/Alien Encounter/Stitch theaters.

SteamboatJoe

I really don't think the presence of the Laugh Floor is preventing a redo of Tomorrowland. Is the Laugh Floor even popular enough to consider rebuilding it elsewhere? And if it did move, I wouldn't be surprised to just see yet another empty space in TL, right across from the perpetually doomed Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars/Alien Encounter/Stitch theaters.
Correct.

No.

That is what would happen under current management.

LSLS

I'd say there's no way they would do Laugh Floor over there and leave 2 giant areas right across from each other empty in Tomorrowland, but with how they have been going, I can't really say that. Though I'm not sure there is enough room to push a coaster in the back there and have people able to get to it and back, que, and have the ride. It would need to go over a road too, and I'm not sure what it would entail in terms of height requirements for some sort of a tunnel over the top. I think that area is a lot smaller than people realize, especially if you keep multiple restaurants and shops. Just rough estimate, it's around 2.7 acres, which is about the same size Aerosmith and the Cars show with that little plaza. Which is probably why the idea of Star Tours going too is floated out there. That would get you to probably 4.5-5 acres.

the_rich

Star Tours is safe until the event they remove the timeline from GE to add on Prequel and OT material there.

They're not removing the only ride to have Darth Vader from the Star Wars park.
Do you have any insight as to which plot of land they chose?

mightynine

Muppets Courtyard makes the most sense, if you think like Current Park Leadership (slim jeans provided in your onboarding packet).

MuppetVision is ancient (in your eyes) at this point, you have zero plans on updating it, The Muppets haven't had any real heat since a movie that came out 13 (!) years ago, and you can put them anywhere else if the only theme in your parks that matters these days is Disney.

As for those upset, the Extinct Attractions group meets Tuesdays and Thursdays. This week we'll have "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride H***a Good Cupcakes"!

Sneaky

it's time was coming to an end. it's now, or in 4 years.
It’s a very painful fact to admit. Better to get it over with and it being replaced with a long hoped for and exclusive idea rather than zootopia land 2 plopped down in four years. Monsters inc door coaster for a new muppet thing somewhere else is a very hard trade off but one I’ll accept.

Purduevian

My guess is Mama Melrose closes after spring break 2025. Construction starts tearing out Mama Melrose and the Muppets store that is never open.
MV3D and Pizza Rizzo remain open through 2025 during Mama/store deconstruction.
Finally Rizzo closes to turn into Harry's after 2026 spring break
Muppet closes just a few months before Monsters opens and becomes an indoor playground and cast member break room

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I enjoyed MuppetVision 3D when I saw it in the parks, but I do agree its time is here. The reasoning of "It's the last thing Jim worked on" kind of went out the window when they updated Country Bears, which many people used the "It was the last thing Walt worked on".

ednamodedarling

My guess is Mama Melrose closes after spring break 2025. Construction starts tearing out Mama Melrose and the Muppets store that is never open.
MV3D and Pizza Rizzo remain open through 2025 during Mama/store deconstruction.
Finally Rizzo closes to turn into Harry's after 2026 spring break
Muppet closes just a few months before Monsters opens and becomes an indoor playground and cast member break room
Or they move laugh floor into the theatre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom