News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Casper Gutman

ahhh so that's the PREFERRED location, but the big wigs don't want to move?
We also have to remember that most decision-makers at Disney World aren’t theme park people. They didn’t come up in the industry and they share Wall Street’s distaste for it as a business. Sure, some might enjoy being in the parks, but they don’t see them as personally, culturally, or historically significant. As part of this, they see “new” as fundamentally superior to “old,” as they would with factory parts (or a Six Flags). Form and content don’t matter. Getting rid of something obsolete and outdated, something like Muppets or Star Tours, is a positive good all by itself. It’s just the same as a local park tearing out an old 80s coaster to build a shinier model. An “upgrade” is an upgrade, even if the replacement is weaker or doesn’t meet the parks specific needs. It’s all replaceable parts.

Casper Gutman

At least in this case, the effects would probably work better and be more convincing with a dark show building than how tacky it looks on the rethemed screamin in DCA. Would also help if they budgeted for more elaborate props than what’s at DCA too
Based on the concept and art, there is a decent chance the Incredicoaster will have more three dimensional figures then the door coaster, which will almost certainly rely overwhelmingly on door-sized screens. At best you probably get two Mike AAs, two Sully AAs, and one Randall AA.

Stupido

Based on the concept and art, there is a decent chance the Incredicoaster will have more three dimensional figures then the door coaster, which will almost certainly rely overwhelmingly on door-sized screens. At best you probably get two Mike AAs, two Sully AAs, and one Randall AA.
I'd throw in a Roz too, maybe even over the Randall. Outside of Mike and Sully, I'd wager Roz is the most recognisable Monster. They even used her in the announcement.

Sectorkeeper71

Yeah I’m expecting the door coaster to have a similar experience to guardians in the gravity building. Which I’m generally pretty fine with

ednamodedarling

Courtyard is looking to be saved for one of these two IPs.
🦊 🍩
Zootopia 2 will join the billion dollar club next winter & they will announce the Zootopia Land coming to Animation Courtyard at the D23 in 2026. Hopefully with a new ride system, as the new reigeim has shown they are not opposed to changing things up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom