News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

Technically, Encanto is a brand new ride. Primeval Whirl has been gone for years.

The new carousel trades with spin.
We are also losing the dig site I think. Not a ride but an attraction.
If it went in Animation Courtyard, it’d be in the same general area with Pixar Place and TSL. That would make too much sense.
And could potentially connect with RNRC courtyard if that were to become Pixar themed as well…..

James Alucobond

Unfortunately I feel like muppetvision is next if it doesn’t close now n
It’s completely logical for it to eventually be replaced or move since it’s in the way and the supporting structures are either shuttered or unpopular. It’s just that wedging Monsters in there seems ill-advised. If they’re committed to keeping the Galaxy’s Edge timeline, this is the sensible space to throw in Star Wars things that fall outside of it.

doctornick

Unfortunately I feel like muppetvision is next if it doesn’t close now n

I'm okay with that if they put a proper Muppets attraction somewhere else first. Closing MV would be a lot more palatable if we had definitive news about a new attraction for them already in progress.

Also, DHS needs more stuff. They shouldn't close MV - the only continuously running show (I don't count the pointless Mickey film) in the park in a nice air condition space - until they have a number of additional things up and running first.

brb1006

Since people brought up about the sad state of Animation Courtyard. I strongly believe the perfect replacement for that section would been a section dedicated to both Classic Disney Shorts and the Silly Symphony Shorts made before Snow White. Besides The Three Little Pigs and Donald Duck, Disney hardly gives any love to the Disney Characters who appeared in those shorts alongside other Disney Classic Shorts.
Silly_Symphonies_The_Complete_Disney_Classics_Vol_1.jpg

It would been the perfect opportunity to finally make both Oswald and Ortensia to become meetable at Walt Disney World besides Run Disney.
D1VmLKGU0AAHhQl.jpg

Heck, Fifer, Fiddler, Practical Pig and The Big Bad Wolf used to be common meetable characters at Walt Disney World up till the late 2000s where they been demoted to "Rare Characters".

While they're at it, bring in Elmer Elephant, Tillie Tiger, and both Tortoise and Hare as walkaround characters for guests at meet.
6c38496b445bc2231a62c1d4ce9a4ce6.jpg

MV5BOTYzMjQ5NjItY2UxNS00ZGIzLWIxYTAtN2EwZGIxZmZkMGYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk3NDAwMzI@._V1_.jpg

OLC/Tokyo Disney Resorts managed to actually give more love to obscure and lesser-known Disney Characters such as The Ugly Duckling who actually appeared at Tokyo Disneyland's 30th Anniversary Parade.
10929493123_10cb19a31c_b.jpg

Why is Modern Disney (specifically the Iger/Chapek era) so allergic to touching Disney Characters of the past? At least the Eisner era gave love to Disney's Works from the earlier years as late as the early 2000s. It would had gave guests more variety instead of just the standard Disney Characters from Classic Disney Animated Films, The Renaissance Era, and the post-Tangled era.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s not a source-off. There are two locations it was planned for and none of us know which they picked. Maybe they’ll put us out of our misery with art like they released today for Cars.

Surely they’d want to alert us of a classic closing like they have done at DAK and MK.

FWIW I’m told folks who work behind Launch Bay are being told they won’t be able to park back there soon enough.
I think it's becoming much clearer this morning where it's going, and we wont be waiting that long for confirmation.

Casper Gutman

I don't mind the idea of Simpsons at DHS. I think it is fine actually. But it wouldn't be high on my list of "Stuff to add" given the choices.

Not using Animation Courtyard right now for expansion is just such a terrible idea.
Simpsons hasn’t been good or relevant since 1997. The voice cast is old and tired and hearing them is depressing. It’s golden era was spectacular, but it’s a zombie right now.

erasure fan1

Like, I get that everything has its time, and the park shouldn't be a museum, but there are so many better options right this very second!
Yup. That's the infuriating part of all of this. They have SOOOOOOO much unused space, that there is absolutely no valid reason to replace anything.
If they don't reveal where it's going soon, the time until we hear about closures is gonna be comedy.
The pessimistic side of me says the fact that it hasn't been revealed, means it's the muppets. Why? Because they know it will cause a bunch of negative press. And all of these announcements were supposed to be positive, Disneys moment to shine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom