News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Burbank to long-time park fans:

martial arts nut punch GIF

mickEblu

What are you talking about? The door vault chase is one of the most iconic Pixar set pieces. The door vault setting is one of the most visually interesting settings designed for the film. Its reveal even anticipates it as an interesting setting to see where all these doors come from. Getting to go around the gigantic room full of moving doors going all these different paths that we all recognize from the movie is not an uninteresting idea.

I’d argue that it’s a way more interesting setting than any of the through-the-door glorified backgrounds that the characters run through for a split second in the movie. None of the inside the door settings in the film, other than boo’s room, are memorable, as they are generic backgrounds for characters to whiz past by. Why would going to a generic Hawaiian setting through a door be a more interesting idea for us to ride through? Or even if they made a brand new fleshed out Paris setting through the door, how is that recognizable as monsters inc. other than the thin thread of I went through a door? The door vault is The iconic center set piece to focus on if we’re talking about a monsters inc ride.

I agree with the sentiment but I do think that going through a couple fully fleshed out sets of say Boos room or the Himalayas with the yeti would be pretty cool and add some nice variety to the attraction.

Mike S

The strongest concept I've heard is "Muppets American History" to replace Hall of Presidents. That checks a lot of boxes:
  • It's an IP Disney owns
  • Half the country hates HOP at any given moment in time
  • HOP is the lowest-rated attraction in WDW for several guest demographics
  • The current HOP really has no "here's where we go from here" opportunities. They're not going to turn it into a musical. It's just not a subject that a lot of people care about enough to see.
Plus, the Muppets are viewed as largely apolitical by most Americans. They could tell the good parts and the bad parts (and avoid others entirely) in a way that most people would enjoy.
I’m torn on this. On one hand, expanding the old “Great Moments in History” to a full on show would be spectacular. On the other, I’d miss Washington and Lincoln.

On a third hand that spawned from mutation, the best version of the show was Obama with Morgan Freeman and the old voice for Lincoln.

Sneaky

Does seem extremely silly to put this in Muppets when the corpse of Animation Courtyard is sitting right there. It would make more sense to leave Muppets as an expansion pad for SW to bridge the gap between Star Tours and Galaxy's Edge. The lack of anything really additive to DHS is pretty mind-boggling if it turns out to be Muppets.
For me, I know it’s coming eventually. I’d rather just get it over with tbh.

Casper Gutman

Disney is comically bad at pandering to fans. They're closing at least one (possibly two) beloved attractions with significant historical significance. To offset this they're building a ride fans have wanted for years... but one that demonstrates why armchair Imagineers don't always understand what's best for the resort. It's a severely lackluster idea for a ride (industrial warehouse! Magical!) and it's a ride type that Disney has dramatically overbuilt recently and which MGM absolutely does not need. Simply copying the Tokyo attraction would better represent the IP and make a stronger addition to MGM's ride lineup.

The whole idea is a sign of deep dysfunction.

Mike S

Not Apes, not Alien, not even Avatar is getting the full on integration Simpsons has got since they bought Fox. Disney obviously has them on a pedestal.

Wouldn't be shocked if Apes and Alien end up in the parks by the end of the 2030s though.
I’d love for Alien to make a comeback since losing GMR 😍

Here’s hoping Romulus is a hit 🤞
I predict they’re gonna do og figment even more now, as a “yeah we’re sorry”
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom