News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

celluloid

It s a nah to anyone seeing it as a spiritual successor to Jaws and it is not really that similar to pirates ride tech unless you have a very very loose interpretation of that ride system similarity.

I have seen the creature plans.

And I was most excited about it in the original plans until Theater came in...and then theater went out for Wolf.

DarkMetroid567

I have high doubts it will happen still, even if that is true (I haven't heard anything about it in a long time myself so I'm not too sure it is still in the plans). The history of post-opening phase 2 expansion rides actually getting built is not long because it really never happens. By the time they actually get around to building that phase 2 expansion they have new ideas or other niches they need to fulfill with the new rides. Hence why we never got things like the original Avengers E-Ticket, Helicoptours, the JP jeep ride, Great Muppet Movie Ride, Beastly Kingdom, etc.
This is generally also my prediction. I don’t doubt the plans for Creature are still around but I was under the impression from people on Inside Universal that they’ve been dormant and that the expansion plot has been eyed for other purposes.

Plans for Luigi’s Mansion definitely exist and ready to be acted upon. I just think EU’s opening, like all theme parks that came before it, will be slow, and Universal will get cold feet. I wouldn’t fault them for it, building rides is expensive! IoA is still largely identical to how it opened, ignoring the huge Lost Continent-sized hole that is Potter.

celluloid

This is generally also my prediction. I don’t doubt the plans for Creature are still around but I was under the impression from people on Inside Universal that they’ve been dormant and that the expansion plot has been eyed for other purposes.

Plans for Luigi’s Mansion definitely exist and ready to be acted upon. I just think EU’s opening, like all theme parks that came before it, will be slow, and Universal will get cold feet.

I think that one will largely depend on if Super Mario 3 movie does well and goes Luigi's Mansion with it.

The park will definitely benefit from an interactive dark ride of that nature with low height requirement. A Secret Life of Pets meets Haunted Mansion/Mystic manor if you will.

Ichabod Crane

I tend to think Epic’s opening will go much better than IOA’s did. Nintendo alone is a bigger draw than anything IOA had at opening and Universal’s parks in terms of awareness and perception are in a much different place today than they were back in 1999. This is also the first major domestic theme park that will be opening in the social media/influencer era so even in that regard the hype for Epic is just on a completely different level than IOA’s ever reached.

TLDR - Barring some unforseen external financial issues whether it be within Comcast or the country as a whole (recession) I don’t expect Epic to put anything even remotely close to the financial strain on Universal parks that IOA did.

celluloid

TLDR - Barring some unforseen external financial issues whether it be within Comcast or the country as a whole (recession) I don’t expect Epic to put anything even remotely close to the financial strain on Universal parks that IOA did.
Comcast, even with their misteps, enjoy operating the parks.

When comcast aquired the parks, it was the first time Universal and its theme parks were ever soley owned by one company.

So it has been different and in many ways good for the theme parks.

They also just got near 9 billion coming in form the Hulu severence.

DarkMetroid567

Agree that EU should open much, much better than IoA did. But I would expect EU to easily clear an $8 billion cost (Universal Beijing was $7 billion for a smaller park with much lower labor costs) and inevitably Comcast will discover, like Disney, that it is much harder to balance three theme parks than two.

celluloid

Agree that EU should open much, much better than IoA did. But I would expect EU to easily clear an $8 billion cost (Universal Beijing was $7 billion for a smaller park with much lower labor costs) and inevitably Comcast will discover, like Disney, that it is much harder to balance three theme parks than two.

Welll they also discovered that hotels are a great ROI. Hence another reason.

Comcast wanted all this badly, because they bought the land back that was by Lockheed Martin that was sold by Vivendi Universal Years ago.

Moth

That's one that has not changed!
I'm just gonna be slightly nosy but have y'all heard plans for other Nintendo IPs outside of Pokémon and TLOZ? I've heard peeps about Kirby, but as far I know that was only on the rough, extremely early 'nintendo IP gumbo land' plans. I know Pikmin are in SNW as little Easter Eggs (love those guys). I don't keep up much with Uni rumors so I like to see what's being talked about 👀.

I also heard Kremlings were originally apart of the DKC coaster over Tikis in another forum, does that have any weight?

---

On Topic Note: After deciding nobody knows anything about the actual location, and what I've heard aside: I believe the height balloon for Muppets is a sign of the endtimes for Muppets ngl. I do not believe they'll use the AC space for the Monsters IP, especially with rumors (be it strong or weak) of Uni letting Simpsons go without a fight and making plans for a MSI replacement.

I can see why it'd be AC, but if they want to cut some corners, Muppets already has a show building they could use, and a quick service and sit down with all plumbing, internals ready to be used.

I'm not taking a definitive stance, and like I said before, I haven't been plugged into anything lately, but I think Muppets will either be replaced by Monsters or whatever the future plans are (be it the Shanghai Pirates theory, Simps, Bluey, Marvel, Alien, or whatever else people are talking about).

I'd be equally not shocked if it's AC or Muppets.

My current stance is that: between them not announcing a location at D23 (AC would've been a slam dunk), the height balloons spotted near Muppets recently reportedly, and Muppets no longer being highlighted on the recent park map, I feel a perfect storm is approaching to have evidence that it is Muppets.

OTHER HAND- We have the murmurs of employees leaving the AC buildings, alongside the fact the Disney Junior Show hasn't been updated at all recently and is showcasing shows that been off the air for awhile. (shocked Disney hasn't penned out a park deal for Bluey yet! that'd be an easy slam dunk for the younger crowd!), quietness regarding VOTLM (even though all signs point towards it remaining in the same space) and Launch Bay being a ghost town, I can see why they'd want to tackle AC versus an area that still has an attraction that can fill half a theater near the main draw of the park (SWGE).

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Our mystical friend has flamed out of the forums for unknown reasons. As the time of his dissolution drew near, his proclamations became more and more janky.

So, the one guy who was willing to double and triple down on the coaster going in Animation Courtyard is now "looking in the right places"... elsewhere.
I think he was just outright trolling us before he vanished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom