News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

davis_unoxx

I'd be willing to wager that Studios gets fan fest nights with BTTF to gauge interest in the IP.

I would think Jaws coming back as a ride would be a bigger priority than bringing back BTTF though. I'm not an exec though, so Marty McFly must be coming to Fortnite soon.
I’m 23 and BTTF my favorite movie, I’d love to have a land themed to this.

Jrb1979

Right, I just have to imagine that those balance sheets are nasty, especially with post-COVID inflation. I don’t doubt that Comcast CAN fund these expansions, but moreso if they’re willing to go further into debt.
Apparently that is the plan, they know the money is in the theme parks. It's definitely not in streaming or media right now.

Gusey

btw Henry's track record is solid as stone, nobody should genuinely bet against him, one quick look at his post history and you can see he has not had one miss yet (things like adventureland Moana and DAK TLK have been backed up by others, those are not misses since he never said specifically they'd be at D23).
I hate to be this person, but we should not be taking his posts as gospel. Some of his posts have come true, but most of them recently were stuff already rumored beforehand. This is his post about what was to be announced before or at D23 from April. I've put in bold everything that actually was announced, and underlined everything that was announced/rumored before his post:
Animal Kingdom:
Indiana Jones Adventure, Encanto dark ride, Central American animals throughout the land Tropical America’s replacing Dinoland AND a Lion King ride for Africa, Zootopia show replacing “It’s tough to be a bug,” and a new night show with more fountains and drones.

Magic Kingdom:
Site work is to begin shortly for what amounts to a Frontierland expansion and more distantly, a new Villains Land the size of Galaxy’s Edge. Additionally, the Moana boat ride originally slated for Animal Kingdom will go in Adventureland between Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Tomorrowland Speedway will be different. Big Thunder Mountain receives an update. Stitch might not be in its current state for much longer, but it probably will not be announced at this D23. New Night Parade is pretty much a lock at this point.

Epcot:
Test Track redo opens summer of 2025, The Spaceship Earth update will likely be announced and will start once Test Track comes back online. I’d expect to hear one more announcement for EPCOT. Keep a close eye on the Figment project on Disney Plus. I've heard Inside Out will find someplace to go at EPCOT, but remember, some of these projects aren't as far along as others.

Hollywood Studios:
New land to replace Launch Bay. Rock n’ Rollercoaster retheme as well. Falcon mission update at HWS and DL.

Disneyland Resort:
New, unique Avatar land using the Shanghai Pirates boat technology at DLR. PeopleMover comes back in a new way at Disneyland Park alongside significant modifications to the land. Hollywoodland will go away. A Disney Springs-esque shopping district will likely be officially announced alongside plans for a new transit configuration for the resort. The Avenger’s E-ticket gets an actual announcement.

Walt Disney Studios:
Gets its own Avatar land and a Lion King land. Other misc. project in the existing part of the park.

Disneyland Parc Paris:
A larger than Soarin’ sum, so perhaps Soarin’/Soaring 2.0, Indiana Jones Adventure, or even a new version of Rise of the Resistance. I’d fully expect either a new land or two new rides including an E-ticket in total. Space Mountain will be back at DLP!

Shanghai Disneyland:
New Marvel Land, Toy Story Mania as well.

Hong Kong Disneyland:
Will get an E-ticket in Tomorrowland still, but I doubt they'll mention it at D23.

Plans can still change, but a lot of this should be announced by or at D23, some of this is long-term, though, and will not be included. Edited for clarity.
12.5/36, but say 13.5 because others have confirmed Moana was pulled last minute. That's a track record of 38%

Sneaky

I hate to be this person, but we should not be taking his posts as gospel. Some of his posts have come true, but most of them recently were stuff already rumored beforehand. This is his post about what was to be announced before or at D23 from April. I've put in bold everything that actually was announced, and underlined everything that was announced/rumored before his post:

12.5/36, but say 13.5 because others have confirmed Moana was pulled last minute. That's a track record of 38%
Here’s my take: not everything is wrong. There are some things that are right, it be very strange if he was wrong about EVERYTHING, but we gotta collectively deduce that. It seems to me, and i will not deny it if i was wrong, as this is a pure guess, he is putting out everything he hears/has, as opposed to filtering for the most credible. Who on earth knows, maybe he is all right about all the stuff, and we eat our words! But its likley somewhere in the middle.

Gusey

Here’s my take: not everything is wrong. There are some things that are right, it be very strange if he was wrong about EVERYTHING, but we gotta collectively deduce that. It seems to me, and i will not deny it if i was wrong, as this is a pure guess, he is putting out everything he hears/has, as opposed to filtering for the most credible. Who on earth knows, maybe he is all right about all the stuff, and we eat our words! But its likley somewhere in the middle.
That's the main issue. Making a thread on everything you've heard, whether you've checked if it's credible or not, is getting people's expectations up on something that may not be a thing. The amount of "rumors" posted in the last few days makes it near impossible to deduce what is real, whilst it all feels a bit like Boy Who Cried Wolf

Sneaky

That's the main issue. Making a thread on everything you've heard, whether you've checked if it's credible or not, is getting people's expectations up on something that may not be a thing. The amount of "rumors" posted in the last few days makes it near impossible to deduce what is real, whilst it all feels a bit like Boy Who Cried Wolf
Yeah that’s my main vibe. Especially how he stated GMR-COT was a “very far out blue sky plan”. That’s kinda iffy imo.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I’m not going through all of them point by point.

But ignoring new parks, a port at HK makes 100% sense with the one at Singapore & Tokyo.

Some of the IPs will probably be in the Oriental parks. Eg My guess is Captain EO could be Tokyo, Mysterious Island likely an addition there too.

The DLP stuff is as legit as they come, albeit the Star Wars coaster is one of three potential coasters - and they may get 1 or 2.

Speedway at WDW was going to be upgraded back when Tron was a rumour. So maybe it’s simply resurfaced.

Moana’s announcement for MK seems to have been cut from D23 at the last minute. A big water area is maybe to replace RoA.

I took the Daft Punk as a joke!

CoP and GMR do seem unlikely.

Will they all happen? Probably not. But the plans for most might well do.
He lost me with “Brer Rabbit will be done justice” on the Figment note. Unless that’s just a general allusion to Baxter.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
someone said that he was acting like an episode In the office where he was spreading fake rumors to cover up the real rumors that he accidentally let slip lol.

Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom