News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

I'm still very excited for DHS to get a sushi place if that's what Harryhousen's boils out to be. Price be damned, I want some simply stupid on paper but delicious in execution rolls.
I still cant believe door coaster is happening. Interested to see the lift thing.
So..... Monsters Inc. Land?
I tried to move this subtly to a diff thread I made but it got deleted by someone. We really need a thread for stuff like this, because topic derailing has been VERY out of hand.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Is the consensus that Moana for MK is dead completely or still alive but will be announced at D23 2026?
If I were a betting man (and I am lol) my money would be on Moana in AL being the big announcement for D23 2026 when it comes to WDW announcements--plus more information on stores/restaurants/rides for Villains Land
Construction should be well underway on Monsters Inc and Cars, so probably opening "years" for those as well.

C33Mom

If I were a betting man (and I am lol) my money would be on Moana in AL being the big announcement for D23 2026 when it comes to WDW announcements--plus more information on stores/restaurants/rides for Villains Land
Construction should be well underway on Monsters Inc and Cars, so probably opening "years" for those as well.
Genuinely baffling to me that, with the new Moana movie and Polynesian Tower coming out this winter, that they didn’t prioritize new Moana attraction at MK over new Cars ride…but maybe they’re trying to time the release of a new Moana attraction with the 3rd or 4th movie in the series…or the next DVC tower on the monorail loop?

Sneaky

CoP and GMR do seem unlikely.
I think GMR was a joke tbh. No way they’d bring back GMR, and in EPCOT no less. It just makes no logical sense with how Disney parks are run. Also, it was in a general discussion thread, not a rumor thread, if that means anything. Like others have said, mix of truth and jokes imo. I think we all might’ve gotten carried away yesterday.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Genuinely baffling to me that, with the new Moana movie and Polynesian Tower coming out this winter, that they didn’t prioritize new Moana attraction at MK over new Cars ride…but maybe they’re trying to time the release of a new Moana attraction with the 3rd or 4th movie in the series…or the next DVC tower on the monorail loop?
If Moana is a beloved IP, which I firmly believe it is, then it really doesn't matter when it opens.

I don't think the parks need to time things opening based on movies, or shows etc. etc. If they are beloved then they will work whenever they open.
Look at Monsters Inc., Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Tiana, Finding Nemo... the list goes on and on, but the point I'm trying to make is these are all IP presences in the parks that came well after their movies came out.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
it got up and danced away.
1000001872.jpg

BasiltheBatLord

We seem to have a swath of people who are stepping over that line willfully for attention. I don’t love it because it clutters up the facts with fiction.
I've kept my mouth shut, but I do believe that the majority of "insiders" on our beloved forums these days are just aggregators of different rumors they heard on the Internet who are trying to build up a reputation for themselves as an "Insider" for attention. Being a "Disney Insider" is a whole occupation for a lot of people these days (see YouTube).

It's a whole new generation compared to Martin and others who have been here for decades with solid track records, verified inside connections and a deliberate tendency to avoid attention.

Moth

Great Movie Ride was originally planned for EPCOT in the 80s. I think there's about a 0% chance any version of it is ever built there now.
Unless GMR means an IP-ification of SSE. But I don't think they're that stupid+Henry said before that SSE 5.0 won't be an IP fest.

btw Henry's track record is solid as stone, nobody should genuinely bet against him, one quick look at his post history and you can see he has not had one miss yet (things like adventureland Moana and DAK TLK have been backed up by others, those are not misses since he never said specifically they'd be at D23).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom