News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

erasure fan1

I am not sure how they could handle that capacity loss. I have to think the coaster will have a lower capacity the Star Tours alone.
The fact is, it can't. It would be a disaster if it's not added capacity from an operational standpoint. Last summer it was bad enough. When rise went down for over an hour, half of tower all day, and rockin was up and down throughout the day, it was a miserable mess.
Not sure how well the fans would take losing both RoA AND Muppets Courtyard...
At this point I doubt they care. If you're a fan of muppets and rivers of America, I'm not sure we're the fans they care to make happy anymore. I think we're more of a thorn in their side to be honest.

saxamoophone

I want to be wrong here - but if it were to be a new space, I feel like they would not limit themselves to a courtyard? If it were to go behind Sunset for example, that would end up being a street
That could be a great Phase I, and maybe leave the Courtyard for a Phase II. Eventually make a "Streets of Pixar" area that features Monsters, Incredibles, and a third Pixar IP - then also connected to Toy Story?

LSLS

The fact is, it can't. It would be a disaster if it's not added capacity from an operational standpoint. Last summer it was bad enough. When rise went down for over an hour, half of tower all day, and rockin was up and down throughout the day, it was a miserable mess.

At this point I doubt they care. If you're a fan of muppets and rivers of America, I'm not sure we're the fans they care to make happy anymore. I think we're more of a thorn in their side to be honest.
It's been a disaster before, they don't care.

IanDLBZF

I'm starting to get some worrying signs for MuppetVision.
Episode 4 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

Gusey

Muppet Courtyard/Grand Avenue has three restaurants that would have to close for 1 rollercoaster, 1 play area and possibly 1 restaurant. Would Disney give up all that revenue?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Muppet Courtyard/Grand Avenue has three restaurants that would have to close for 1 rollercoaster, 1 play area and possibly 1 restaurant. Would Disney give up all that revenue?
Financially, I think the revenue from Lightning Lane for the coaster, and merchandise for the new land would easily outstrip what they are doing currently.

Captain Barbossa

Muppets is a 33 year old film, which is a perfect excuse to Disney to axe it. Especially if there are plans in the works for a Muppet retheme of another attraction. I’m not surprised if its demise is gaining traction, sadly.

ednamodedarling

Fingers crossed they relocate Laugh floor to make this feel like a more fleshed out land. also ... keeping my fingers crossed muppets finds a new home in the park if they are forced to leave.

ednamodedarling

I almost wonder if they will announce the RRC retheme in tandem with the closure of Muppet Vision? would soften the blow for sure. Just turn the entire RRC courtyard into Muppets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom