News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

Alien? Nah man, the rumors moved on, it's actually gonna be Lightning McQueen there also, follow the clues!
Also I like the idea that EVERYTHING will now become cars.
Tower of Terror? Now the tower of tow mater. The haunted mansion? Lighting Mqueens spooky ghost racing academy! Everything is cars now!
except for figment. They left him the same to anger people more.

UNCgolf

So Coco and a Wall-E attraction and then 3 clones of rides that either exist today or are in late stage development (WiR)? I’ll miss the Buzz theming, but the one in MK should have been replaced long before the one in TDL. Can’t believe they are cloning the Epcot Frozen right a 3rd time. Sliding Sleighs is much more fun.

Frozen Journey is the E ticket they built in Tokyo; not the bad EPCOT ride.

UNCgolf

I am skeptical of the Simpsons rumors. By the 2030's I don't think the IP has the relevance to base a whole land off of.

I don't think it even has the relevance now to do that -- especially since it would be hard to not feel like a copy of something Universal already did -- but yeah, I don't see how it would make any sense to open a Simpsons land in the 2030s unless the show is rebooted and the reboot is a massive success.

Maybe a ride (although I don't even think that would be a good idea by that time frame, plus I'm not sure how you build a Simpsons ride that really works -- the one at Universal is terrible), but an entire land?

I know it's popular on Disney+, but being popular on Disney+ isn't the same as being a theme park draw. I don't think the one at Universal is a big draw.

Last edited:

C33Mom

Frozen Journey is the E ticket they built in Tokyo; not the bad EPCOT ride.
Thanks! Haven’t made it to Tokyo this year but I was recently at HKDL and their Frozen ride was not that different from the Maelstrom reskin— I’m glad to hear to TDS is (and DLR will be) better, but it would be nice to get more variation in Frozen attractions if there are going to be so many of them.

UNCgolf

Thanks! Haven’t made it to Tokyo this year but I was recently at HKDL and their Frozen ride was not that different from the Maelstrom reskin— I’m glad to hear to TDS is (and DLR will be) better, but it would be nice to get more variation in Frozen attractions if there are going to be so many of them.

Yeah, the one in Hong Kong is just a slightly plussed version of the one from EPCOT, which I think is a bad ride.

The one in Tokyo is a completely different attraction. It's still a boat ride and about Frozen, but it's very little like the EPCOT ride otherwise, except that they kept the getting pushed backwards during Let It Go scene.

BrianLo

Also, I can confirm that Daft Punk will be doing the music for TRON: Ares.

They don’t exist as a duo any more…

How much wine have you had today?

Wasn't that Nine Inch Nails? Especially because Daft Punk broke up and one exploded?

Henry has said he's not an insider (and I echo his point that 90% of them are frauds, and there's only so many Real Deals like Martin, I'm not an insider either!), he's stated he 'knows where to look', which is him saying what other people are saying, such as people on Podcasts, like the one Henry mentioned a page or two ago.

These are probably more guestimates on what's next, based on previous investments/pattern recognition. But Henry does have a good record of this stuff so I'm not going to discredit him since he seems more plugged into market trends.

There’s a fine line between making educated inferences or deductions (and being right) and outright misleading people that you actually are privy to something they aren’t.

We seem to have a swath of people who are stepping over that line willfully for attention. I don’t love it because it clutters up the facts with fiction.

Gusey

There’s a fine line between making educated inferences or deductions (and being right) and outright misleading people that you actually are privy to something they aren’t.

We seem to have a swath of people who are stepping over that line willfully for attention. I don’t love it because it clutters up the facts with fiction.
100%. Will be happy to see some of this come to be, but a lot of this feels like a scattergun approach, saying something is in development for the most popular IPs seem likely anyway.
Also, remember these posts. Don't want to discredit what Mystic's been saying, but he admitted himself he isn't an insider:
I'm not going to lie ya'll. I'm not an insider at all. I just know exactly where to look. Alicia Stella is the same way. It's extremely extremely obvious to anyone that "gets" it.
Me having so many predictions all come true as a shot in the dark just proves the information is controlled and the dangers of AI.

Capitalism makes things inevitable if you know what audiences want. If you can find a market there will be a product to fill the void.

Thus, why people can do things like what I just did and the Big Short. Nothing to do with intelligence or "inside" info. 90% of insiders are frauds.

Just being transparent.

Sneaky

100%. Will be happy to see some of this come to be, but a lot of this feels like a scattergun approach, saying something is in development for the most popular IPs seem likely anyway.
Also, remember these posts. Don't want to discredit what Mystic's been saying, but he admitted himself he isn't an insider:
yeah I’m back to being not so sure
About a lot of these. Some of these claims sound a bit too fanservicey to me, Yknow?
Especially about back to the future.

nickys

Premium Member

Worth remembering though that (one of) this site’s best known and trusted sources was also not an insider - his own words not mine.

He did however have multiple contacts that were insiders, and was able to make educated and informed decisions over which rumours were reliable and likely.

Henry’s pre D23 comments were more accurate than mere guesses were likely to have been. I therefore am inclined to think he has some kind of reliable source (s).

mickEblu

Haha wait, he’s not an “insider?” I don’t spend a lot of time on the WDW side of the forums. Gauging by people’s interactions with him I assumed he was.

Gusey

Worth remembering though that (one of) this site’s best known and trusted sources was also not an insider - his own words not mine.

He did however have multiple contacts that were insiders, and was able to make educated and informed decisions over which rumours were reliable and likely.

Henry’s pre D23 comments were more accurate than mere guesses were likely to have been. I therefore am inclined to think he has some kind of reliable source (s).
I just think that the sheer amount of rumors feels like there are a few accurate and a few red herrings. When you look at everything that he's said, some of it doesn't make sense:
  • "I want to add--Texas is a serious contender for a new resort for Disney in addition to India and Brazil.
    The plans do ALL exist. HKDL is going to get its cruise port as well." - [Here]
  • "Inside Out, The Incredibles, Mysterious Island, Frozen, Figment, Captain EO, Tangled all have unannounced projects being worked on ATM. " - [Here]
  • "A Weather pavilion" that "got in the development process some time ago as well." - [Here]
  • "Coco and Wall-E too. Toss in Wreck-It Ralph and Big Hero 6. FYI Frozen Journey is coming to disneyland." - [Here]
  • "Tokyo is the trial run for the American coasts. Oh and the OG Space Mountain is coming back to DLP. They're getting a Speederbike coaster I believe in a Tomorrowland mini-land for Star Wars + Star Tours." - [Here]
  • " Daft Punk will be doing the music for TRON: Ares." - [Here]
  • "I believe Back to the Future is getting a Hill Valley land at USF. Simpsons is going to likely end up at the Studios in the 2030s." - [Here]
  • "Agreed. The Moana log flume in Adventureland will finally complete it. I've heard Stitch will have a corner as well. What if Inside Out takes over Stitch's Great Escape? JK Alien will." - [Here]
  • "Alien is happening, just not at the Stitch's Great Escape location AFAIK." - [Here]
  • "Flynn's Arcade is going to make an appearance alongside a large water feature in Orlando's Tomorrowland." - [Here]
  • "Autopia will get an update at both resorts and will be massively improved in Orlando." - [Here]
  • "CoP is returning to Disneyland. That's why they never tore it down. " - [Here]
  • "Great Movie Ride coming back, but in Epcot" - [Here]

nickys

Premium Member
I just think that the sheer amount of rumors feels like there are a few accurate and a few red herrings. When you look at everything that he's said, some of it doesn't make sense:
  • "I want to add--Texas is a serious contender for a new resort for Disney in addition to India and Brazil.
    The plans do ALL exist. HKDL is going to get its cruise port as well." - [Here]
  • "Inside Out, The Incredibles, Mysterious Island, Frozen, Figment, Captain EO, Tangled all have unannounced projects being worked on ATM. " - [Here]
  • "A Weather pavilion" that "got in the development process some time ago as well." - [Here]
  • "Coco and Wall-E too. Toss in Wreck-It Ralph and Big Hero 6. FYI Frozen Journey is coming to disneyland." - [Here]
  • "Tokyo is the trial run for the American coasts. Oh and the OG Space Mountain is coming back to DLP. They're getting a Speederbike coaster I believe in a Tomorrowland mini-land for Star Wars + Star Tours." - [Here]
  • " Daft Punk will be doing the music for TRON: Ares." - [Here]
  • "I believe Back to the Future is getting a Hill Valley land at USF. Simpsons is going to likely end up at the Studios in the 2030s." - [Here]
  • "Agreed. The Moana log flume in Adventureland will finally complete it. I've heard Stitch will have a corner as well. What if Inside Out takes over Stitch's Great Escape? JK Alien will." - [Here]
  • "Alien is happening, just not at the Stitch's Great Escape location AFAIK." - [Here]
  • "Flynn's Arcade is going to make an appearance alongside a large water feature in Orlando's Tomorrowland." - [Here]
  • "Autopia will get an update at both resorts and will be massively improved in Orlando." - [Here]
  • "CoP is returning to Disneyland. That's why they never tore it down. " - [Here]
  • "Great Movie Ride coming back, but in Epcot" - [Here]
I’m not going through all of them point by point.

But ignoring new parks, a port at HK makes 100% sense with the one at Singapore & Tokyo.

Some of the IPs will probably be in the Oriental parks. Eg My guess is Captain EO could be Tokyo, Mysterious Island likely an addition there too.

The DLP stuff is as legit as they come, albeit the Star Wars coaster is one of three potential coasters - and they may get 1 or 2.

Speedway at WDW was going to be upgraded back when Tron was a rumour. So maybe it’s simply resurfaced.

Moana’s announcement for MK seems to have been cut from D23 at the last minute. A big water area is maybe to replace RoA.

I took the Daft Punk as a joke!

CoP and GMR do seem unlikely.

Will they all happen? Probably not. But the plans for most might well do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom