News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

celluloid

Not that any sort of balanced accounting is necessary, but I’m sure the few female characters out there voiced by men are more than offset by the number of adult women providing the voices for male children in many animated programs and games.
This. And it's about characterization, not authenticity.

CJR

My take: Give Matt Vogel a chance. It’s a different take. He does well singing as Kermit. And while his speaking voice isn’t perfect, it’s not the worst thing in the world. I don’t mind it, I’ve warmed up to it over time. Kermit is Kermit, simple as that.

Just my opinion here, but he's had the role since 2017, we're inching close to a decade now. So, I'll say: chance given.

Seven years in and we're still talking about it. Imagine if most employers had that kind of patience.

It just isn't working. Matt is very valuable to The Muppets and I hope he will continue to perform with the cast, but we really do need a new Kermit, IMHO.

Magenta Panther

Not that any sort of balanced accounting is necessary, but I’m sure the few female characters out there voiced by men are more than offset by the number of adult women providing the voices for male children in many animated programs and games.
But the fact remains that women do little boys' voices instead of men because MEN CAN'T DO THEM. I doubt that there's any other reason. Whereas, surely there are women puppeteers that can do the pig puppet's voice much better than the MAN who's doing it, and doing it badly. There really is no excuse for the fact that the Muppet club is boys only. Very sexist IMO. It beats me why some of you guys are griping about the frog puppet's voice when the pig puppet's voice is the real question.

Prince-1

But the fact remains that women do little boys' voices instead of men because MEN CAN'T DO THEM. I doubt that there's any other reason. Whereas, surely there are women puppeteers that can do the pig puppet's voice much better than the MAN who's doing it, and doing it badly. There really is no excuse for the fact that the Muppet club is boys only. Very sexist IMO. It beats me why some of you guys are griping about the frog puppet's voice when the pig puppet's voice is the real question.

Are you still "half-kidding" with this post?? And what is the deal with your ongoing irrational diatribes about the Muppets? Did Miss Piggy not take a picture with you when you were younger and it scarred you for life??

Mr. Sullivan

They sure do or had very recent developments. For example, a Monsters INC film.
The last Monsters Inc film came out over a decade ago and there is not currently another one that has been announced.

If you want to count the TV show I guess but I doubt seriously this land is going to make any reference at all to Monsters at Work, but even that is going to be almost a decade old by the time this land is done.

celluloid

The last Monsters Inc film came out over a decade ago and there is not currently another one that has been announced.

If you want to count the TV show I guess but I doubt seriously this land is going to make any reference at all to Monsters at Work, but even that is going to be almost a decade old by the time this land is done.

The Pixar originality well is kind of off and risk adverse lately and I would be certain of Monsters 3 happening.

Either way, a decade or so old is not really reaching deep into the barrel for new things at the parks.

Tron was approved in the states for two big reasons.
1. It was an attraction that was ported over.
2. Disney execs knew that there were goals to produce more Tron.

Tiana's Bayou largely happened because they thought they had a series about ready for Disney Plus to promote.

You can bet if we get Monsters Land done, there will be strong synergy push.

Do you find it a coincidence that Toy Story Lands all opened within two years of Toy Story 4?

celluloid

I think you're absolutely right, though I think it's funny that this point has to be made and asserted. Had Disney done their job properly, I'd think the synergy between TS4 and the lands would be quite obvious even to those not-so-much in the know.

I think it is people just like defending to imagine that is not how strictly the way it is with the ins to big pushes only. Even though it has been for two decades now.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

If you want to count the TV show I guess but I doubt seriously this land is going to make any reference at all to Monsters at Work
Well, it actually would make more sense to be based off of the show than the movie. I remember in season one where MIFT went around on a hanging cart thing to get around the facility by the rail system. That could be the story element to tie it all together. As the guest, we're coming in as MIFT recruits and, oh know things go wrong. You can still have all the favorite monsters in the ride and the different parts of Monsters inc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom