News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

I kinda think this too. It may be safe for now, but long term, it's a hug piece of land that could be redeveloped for something that is more attractive to people under 40.

That's the thing... MuppetVision and Grand Ave are not really that "huge" of a footprint. So they'd be limited in what could go there is that is all they are replacing. You pretty much need to take Star Tours as well to do something of substance and then that means you are removing two attractions in a park that needs more things to do. This is particularly important in a Lightening Lane world where you have to have enough ride inventory to sell that upcharge.

Seems pretty odd to me to even consider removing MuppetVision unless it is for more Star Wars and to connect to Star Tours. Otherwise, there are better options to consider in the park (e.g. replacing IJ stunt show which can spill into the parking lot, the BatB theater area [there's some unused expansion space there too] or even more of the backstage area between Animation Courtyard and RNR).

Last edited:

doctornick

But like … by keeping marvel in the parks aren’t they promoting, selling & essentially giving money to a Disney owned property? Doesn’t really make sense in the long term to keep them there.

At the price they are paying it certainly does. A bunch of the stuff in Uni parks are licensed. Do you think they mind that they are promoting and essentially giving money to WB for Harry Potter? To Nintendo for their properties? etc

The only way Disney gets any Marvel rights for WDW is if they pay Uni a lot to share them. I don't see any scenario under which Uni would be willing to give them up entirely.

The Leader of the Club

Universal also doesn’t want Disney building rides that could hurt them. A Marvel land at WDW would be extremely popular, which would mean Universal would lose guests to Disney. They don’t want that so they’re not going to give Marvel up easily.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I feel like if one of the three problem kids of EPCOT (WoL, JII or SSE) got something announced, people would be a lot more positive about this.

I thought this was the D23 general thread but point still stands! All four parks should've gotten attraction news!
Brazil Pavilion at EPCOT announced during Brazil D23. Calling it. They have to announce something down there or give more details on the stuff they just did. They can't just show up empty handed. Why would anyone show up.

TrainsOfDisney

You pretty much need to trake Star Tours as well to do something of substance
Yes - and there is a mandatory fire lane in between them. Also… the star tours tech. Is very easy to retheme to another property without much investment if they wanted to.

It’s a pretty small plot of land, my guess is the monsters inc. proposal for muppets did not include the door coaster.

CJR

True, but by all accounts GMR needed a ton of work and was stupid expensive to staff and run.

So many good points why this will most certainly be in the AC. It also used the same structure. Monster's Inc would require demolition and new exterior construction either way. So, it's definitely a different situation.

Let's mention another that I haven't seen mentioned yet: height requirement.

Does it make sense to remove MV, in this park with limited whole family attractions, for a roller coaster?

They'd be better off relocating the dark ride from DCA, in that case. As the parent of a toddler, DHS needs more attractions for those under 40 inches.

Losing the AC/SW:LB isn't much of a loss and the Disney Jr show can be relocated.

lazyboy97o

But like … by keeping marvel in the parks aren’t they promoting, selling & essentially giving money to a Disney owned property? Doesn’t really make sense in the long term to keep them there.
Disney bought Universal fifteen years ago. They know what they’re paying and it’s a pittance. And it’s not like they’re paying Walt Disney World.

It’s also not unusual in the larger media world. NBCUniversal pays Disney for television content. And of course Comcast pays Disney to carry their channels and content.

mattpeto

So many good points why this will most certainly be in the AC. It also used the same structure. Monster's Inc would require demolition and new exterior construction either way. So, it's definitely a different situation.

Let's mention another that I haven't seen mentioned yet: height requirement.

Does it make sense to remove MV, in this park with limited whole family attractions, for a roller coaster?

They'd be better off relocating the dark ride from DCA, in that case. As the parent of a toddler, DHS needs more attractions for those under 40 inches.

Losing the AC/SW:LB isn't much of a loss and the Disney Jr show can be relocated.
We all agree but we are still scared as hell right now.

From an operations perspective, it makes zero sense to kill ST and Muppets. We all know it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom