News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wannabeBelle

Correct. I get that toddlers prefer the floor and they want parents to supervise, but I agree that more seating would be better. I think Turtle Talk has more but can’t remember.
You are correct, there are a number of benches for the adults and bigger kids if they want to and the little ones are invited to sit on the floor up closer to the screen to be able to see Crush. Of course there generally isnt dancing going on with Crush, but more seating at the Disney Jr Venue would be nice. Marie

Gusey

What's interesting is that the Disney Parks Blog about the Door Coaster doesn't mention a construction timeline, although it was announced at D23 to start next year. All the other projects beginning construction next year has the construction timeline in the parks blog posts

Surferboy567

What's interesting is that the Disney Parks Blog about the Door Coaster doesn't mention a construction timeline, although it was announced at D23 to start next year. All the other projects beginning construction next year has the construction timeline in the parks blog posts
I don’t doubt it starts construction next year as advertised. It’s just a matter of when though.

Gusey

I don’t doubt it starts construction next year as advertised. It’s just a matter of when though.
Definitely, but probably later in the year. By not mentioning a construction date in the parks blog and not streaming the D23 panel, they've created a buffer in case there was a delay

Sneaky

It was meant to be in the first half of 2025 in Muppet Courtyard. The delayed announcement probably delays construction. Hopefully, it’s because they are putting it elsewhere.
Dang, I so they were supposed to announce dismissed of muppets, and now they are potentially getting cold feet? I’m guessing the change in the HOP plans in addition to the backlash of muppetvision threw a wrench in their plans…
I honestly wonder what happens now. Could go either way.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
What are the odds Muppets survives til June, if it really is where Monsters is going? I have friends going who are Muppet fans and never saw MV3D in person.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Here's the WDW breakdown of D23 announcements...

Here is the announced timeline for WDW attractions to be completed:

2025 Sum – MK night time parade, Starlight​
2025 ???? – MK – Pirate’s Lounge​
2025 ???? EP – Test Track refresh reopens​
2025 ???? EP – SSE Lounge​
2025 Wint DAK – Zootopia in Tree of Life, “Better Zoogether”​
2026 ???? DHS – New story to Smugglers Run feat. Mando and Grogu​
2027 ???? – MK Cars mini land, 2 rides, / Start: early 2025 /​
2027 ???? DAK – Tropical Americas: Indy, Encanto, Carousel Start 2024​

So, there are only three WDW new attractions that don't have a date. One of them is "underway" and the other two start next year.
???? ???? – MK Villains Land / Start Aug 2024 (“underway”) /​
???? ???? – MK DVC Lounge (former shooting range) / Start 2025 /​
???? ???? DHS – Monstropolis – hanging coaster / Start 2025 /​

Unless Monstropolis take 4 years to build, and Villains, 5 years; everything mentioned above will be finished well before the five year mark of 2029.

Sneaky

AFAIK Muppets moving to HoP in 2025 is off the table which complicates this further. 46 should have really considered staying in the race and giving us the Hall of Muppets.
Is it off the table permanently? Or is it still possible further down the line? It really is muppetvision or bust, which is not the best position. Disney really is in between a rock and a hard place right now.

ToTBellHop

Is it off the table permanently? Or is it still possible further down the line? It really is muppetvision or bust, which is not the best position. Disney really is in between a rock and a hard place right now.
Nothing is permanent but 47 will be added to HoP whomever that is. Disney isn’t rocking the boat on this issue this fall. It’s a lose-lose situation.

Sneaky

Nothing is permanent but 47 will be added to HoP whomever that is. Disney isn’t rocking the boat on this issue this fall. It’s a lose-lose situation.
honestly replacing it might not be worth it at all for the potential trouble. Better the devil you know than the one you don’t. I do worry for the future of the muppets at wdw though.

TrainsOfDisney

I combed thru all the announcements and thought I was taking careful notes. But, since you bring it up... I can't find where I got the 2027 completion date for the Cars mini-land.

I guess I'll update my list.
I was wondering if I missed something - I watched the live stream but it cut out a few times.

I was guessing after Tropical Americas 2027
Door Coaster 2028
Cars 2029

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom