News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wannabeBelle

We have seen a few aerial views of that backstage areas including the offices, parking areas, supply holding areas etc. Is there any great push to NOT move these areas to a different location and open up that whole area to allow for not only expansion today but for greater opportunities going forward? It seems like this land is already built on, so that is a positive there. Even if it isnt built on in this next project, having the option to do so going forward would seem to make the most amount of sense. Marie

Surferboy567

Exactly. The artwork for AC doesn’t really show the mermaid building - so that can easily remain and just be a facade. And then Disney Jr. Can become food & beverage again and they can reuse parts of the animation facade, and gift shop. Seems like a win for everything.
I’d imagine there has to be some buffer to ease us into Monsters. I doubt it’s gonna be a giant building right off the hub. It’s a huge factory that would change sight lines across the park.

RSoxNo1

Couldn’t be more different.

The Mermaid show is getting a full top to bottom change. It’s a completely different show in a refurbished building. This isn’t a slight sprucing up. It’s a completely different attraction. Same IP.
Just like Finding the Nemo to Finding Nemo the Big Blue and Beyond

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has Disney announced when construction should start? At least this would pit an end to the location.

SOMETIME 2025
  • DHS = Monstropolis gets underway. No open time yet. Unknown whether it will takeover MV3D or Launch Bay
See sig...

wannabeBelle

The Disney Jr theater isn’t that big. They could put the show in the Mickey Shorts theater (which has a screen and stage) and just pull out the first several rows of seating.
Which might also offer some seating for the parents as well, if they would prefer. If I remember correctly the Disney Jr. Theatre didnt have much in the way of seating, just a few benches on the walls of the theatre. Marie

ToTBellHop

Which might also offer some seating for the parents as well, if they would prefer. If I remember correctly the Disney Jr. Theatre didnt have much in the way of seating, just a few benches on the walls of the theatre. Marie
Correct. I get that toddlers prefer the floor and they want parents to supervise, but I agree that more seating would be better. I think Turtle Talk has more but can’t remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom