News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Yes, but it does show Disney is willing to kill things they dumped a lot of money into.
Sure, but I don’t think the timing will work here. There will be construction walls going up too close to when this opens.

Now, if they put this where Muppets is and turn to AC in a few years for expansion, I could see Mermaid leaving.

Tha Realest

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I feel like the “It can’t go to AC because they’re upgrading the Little Mermaid” theater stuff ignores they recently did the same thing to MV?

TDA also spent tons on upgrading the project and effects DCA's now defunct ITTAB. Didn't stop them from ripping it out for Marvel.

Haymarket2008

I feel like the “It can’t go to AC because they’re upgrading the Little Mermaid” theater stuff ignores they recently did the same thing to MV?

Couldn’t be more different.

The Mermaid show is getting a full top to bottom change. It’s a completely different show in a refurbished building. This isn’t a slight sprucing up. It’s a completely different attraction. Same IP.

2600loop

The Mermaid show is getting a full top to bottom change. It’s a completely different show in a refurbished building. This isn’t a slight sprucing up. It’s a completely different attraction. Same IP.
It’s within the realm of possibility that they keep the show where it is and make the entrance on the other side of the building like they did with Toy Story Mania

Nickm2022

Agree, also want to add it's never been rumored the actual Mermaid or Disney Jr/Brown Derby buildings would be demolished or rethemed (just small touch ups but to remain open during the 3-5year construction),the area effected is beyond the two buildings (ie Launchbay and behind). I'd also say they didn't just update the Muppets seats but the visual effects and more too. Plus the fountain and the new drink stand in that area).

MagicHappens1971

This is different. Projects like this are handled by FAM (Facility Asset Management), and they are responsible for upkeeping all of Disney property. They have no idea when things are going to close permanently, for example they replaced the carpet in Ellen's Energy Adventure like one month before it closed.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I think it's quite silly that everyone still believes they need to close Mermaid for Monsters Inc to go in Animation Courtyard (or I guess "beyond" Animation Courtyard is the better term, lol). I am convinced there is a reality where they can only demolish the Eastern half of Feature Animation (the section currently occupied by Launch Bay), leave the Western half of Feature Animation (the oh-so-precious office space), Mermaid, One Man's Dream, and Disney Jr alone, AND still have room to build the Door Coaster and Harry Hausen's in a Monstropolis mini-land. It is not that hard to imagine.

ToTBellHop

I think it's quite silly that everyone still believes they need to close Mermaid for Monsters Inc to go in Animation Courtyard (or I guess "beyond" Animation Courtyard is the better term, lol). I am convinced there is a reality where they can only demolish the Eastern half of Feature Animation (the section currently occupied by Launch Bay), leave the Western half of Feature Animation (the oh-so-precious office space), Mermaid, One Man's Dream, and Disney Jr alone, AND still have room to build the Door Coaster and Harry Hausen's in a Monstropolis mini-land. It is not that hard to imagine.
There is a minimum amount of space required so the question is: how much in the existing park do they want to save and how much of the expansion are they prepared to use? FWIW I believe Disney Jr would leave or move (but it’s much easier to move than MV) should this plot be chosen.

At least there seems to be broad agreement that the offices back there cannot stay there forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom