News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

CoasterCowboy67

I don’t want MuppetVision if it doesn’t have Statler & Waldorf or the Penguin orchestra.
Those aren’t complicated effects. Just relocation with a nice facade out front.

And would be more popular than the Mickey Shorts, whose theater I’ve actually not been into since it was Sounds Dangerous. From what I remember it would work great for Muppets and make it even more intimate / immersive(?)

Call it a day

Last edited:

Sneaky

Those aren’t complicated effects. Just relocation with a nice facade out front. Call it a day
I don’t think it’s as simple as people make it out to be. There is a lot of moving parts and effects designed for that theatre space, and moving it to a significantly smaller one may be overly expensive, and could not even result in everything being brought over. I garuntee that in most places, like Mickey shorts, it’d be watered down

WorldExplorer

If there's no opera box, there's nowhere for them to sit, so they would need to build a box. And the box presumably needs to be accessible in case they need maintenance, so they need to build stairs.

Same for Bean Bunny on the other side. Same for Swedish Chef behind everyone. Same for the penguins except they might not need stairs.

The animatronics might not be super complex, but that doesn't mean putting them into a theater that has no room for them is easy.

Then Sweetums needs a door. The walls need to be screens and have the broken bits. Install the arrows and the searchlights.

Might as well build a whole new building, which is nuts just to move it a hundred feet.

CJR

It’s not - the same company that doesn’t want muppets and monsters inc. next to each other for thematic integrity is plopping cars next to Tiana and Big Thunder.
And HM, just sayin'. lol

The difference here though is Monstropolis is a whole land themed to Monsters Inc where the other two are multi-IP lands and they seem to care less about it. Still, I'll agree, it's an easy workaround if they want to keep both, and still have WDP spilling into the land.

CoasterCowboy67

I don’t think it would accommodate current crowds - I know the first year they tried to do Comedy Warehouse they filled every performance standing room only.
I think that’s a good problem to have vs. today. Maybe they even make it a LL as a result

In terms of people seeing Muppetvision that actually want to see it on a given day, I think the Mickey Shorts theater would accommodate just fine if they can bring over the effects

Joel

I would bet more money on Disney moving the Rivers of America to the Mickey shorts theater than them moving MuppetVision there (or anywhere else).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could this delay...

There is no delay, except in the minds of some of us.

Disney never set a timeline to announce where Monstropolis was going.

Therefore, there is no delay.

Their marketing team could already have a schedule of follow-up posts on all the new things announced, and a Monstropolis update may have been planned for late September.

We don't know when a follow-up was planned, so, we don't know if there is a delay.

We don't know exactly where Villains Land will go. Will it occupy the Northern loop of RoA or go beyond it? But no one (that I know of) is saying Disney is "delayed" in letting us know where Villains is going.

splah

And HM, just sayin'. lol

The difference here though is Monstropolis is a whole land themed to Monsters Inc where the other two are multi-IP lands and they seem to care less about it. Still, I'll agree, it's an easy workaround if they want to keep both, and still have WDP spilling into the land.
Does monsters really Need a whole mini land? Why can’t the factory go next to muppets? There’s nothing inherently transportive about the monsters settings. In this case I’d be ok with scaling the land down and keeping the coaster and restaurant

TheDisneyParksfanC8

What effects did the DCA version of Muppets have?
I think it was all of the same - it didn’t have the scrims over the walls - it was all digit I think but other than that I’m pretty sure it was the same.
Some other things in the theater itself looked more refined than the original DHS version. Case in point, the theater curtains at DCA looked far better.

CoasterCowboy67

Does monsters really Need a whole mini land? Why can’t the factory go next to muppets? There’s nothing inherently transportive about the monsters settings. In this case I’d be ok with scaling the land down and keeping the coaster and restaurant
Oh I think it would be quite charming to see all of the Monsters twists on what seems like a human city. The artwork shows quite a few of those that potential details and they look great

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom