News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

AidenRodriguez731

If that is the thought - there should be plenty of room in the current Animation footprint + other backstage for more than one property though - then what they should do is build the larger property on current backstage space first. They are doing it backwards if they are replacing onstage things first with a "phase two" down the road (we all know how often phase two plans ever actually happen with Disney :rolleyes:)

Build the thing that the park needs now - a real expansion - and worry about tinkering with replacements later.

So spend a crapload of money to basically have a lateral move in park capacity? Sounds like a terrible idea and waste of resources. DHS is desperate for more attraction capacity.
You spend the money to:

Have better thematic consistency of attractions to more accurately articulate the studios themes of the park into an immersive world kinda angle.

Remove a possibly problematic attraction that has been showing its age for a while

Remove an underperforming attraction and serve as a connection point to better loop the park

Add in 3-4 new attractions (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor + Monsters Door Coaster)
(2 rides for Zootopia) (Could even be another land for another ride or two if you use all backstage as you said)

Retheme one of Disneys weakest restaraunts into a bold new offering that thematically ties in with a bigger franchise and serves a food type not available at this park.

Give room to possibly finally build that Muppets Great Movie Ride

If you gave the park up to me, I would probably also rip out Indiana Jones or move it somewhere better. I wouldn't want to put the amazing actors out of a job but Indiana has a much better presence than even some more deserving properties and its a giant piece of land for 1 show.

AidenRodriguez731

Muppets is problematic now????
I know that I phrased it poorly but I literally said I was going to move Muppet vision and give them their own land. Why would Muppetvision be the problematic one? I was referring to RnRC due to the Steven Tyler stuff and just the general unpredictableness of using a real band with currently living members.

erasure fan1

Well, unfortunately that gets thrown around. Here's what one of our resident muppet haters says
Dude...have you ever seen The Muppet Show? Let's see: misogyny, fat-shaming, stereotyping, puppets blowing each other up, beating each other up, mean-spiritedness...I can see why Disney stopped releasing more seasons of that show.
So for some, they'll find any reason to get rid of them.

RSoxNo1

You spend the money to:

Have better thematic consistency of attractions to more accurately articulate the studios themes of the park into an immersive world kinda angle.

Remove a possibly problematic attraction that has been showing its age for a while

Remove an underperforming attraction and serve as a connection point to better loop the park

(2 rides for Zootopia) (Could even be another land for another ride or two if you use all backstage as you said)

Retheme one of Disneys weakest restaraunts into a bold new offering that thematically ties in with a bigger franchise and serves a food type not available at this park.

If you gave the park up to me, I would probably also rip out Indiana Jones or move it somewhere better. I wouldn't want to put the amazing actors out of a job but Indiana has a much better presence than even some more deserving properties and its a giant piece of land for 1 show.

No clue what they could be referring to....

I know that I phrased it poorly but I literally said I was going to move Muppet vision and give them their own land. Why would Muppetvision be the problematic one? I was referring to RnRC due to the Steven Tyler stuff and just the general unpredictableness of using a real band with currently living members.

The OP confirmed this, but I really read the reaction here as almost baiting. I thought it was pretty clear the OP was referring to RNRC as the potentially problematic attraction. I'm sure Disney has plans to change that when they have to, but right now they don't have to.

If Muppets are going away they have multiple venues that could be used to house a new Muppets show should they choose to do so. It has been said in this thread that swapping out shows would be a lateral move from a park capacity standpoint, but that's not necessarily the case. A new show or an overhaul of an existing attraction regularly draws more people into an area than what the predecessor did. Sure, Muppets taking over RNRC wouldn't be a major shift in touring, but if a Muppets show replaced Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy, Hall of Presidents or Vacation Fun it probably would shift touring a bit.

RSoxNo1

He also didn't drink the grape scotch ;)
He did, he just spit it out, or was that the Canadian Whiskey, I don't remember.
Based on what we've seen from Disney and the Muppets. What would your confidence level be that the end result would be better than muppet vision? On a scale of 1 - 10, I'm somewhere around a 2.
Yeah that's probably fair. With that being said, I also suspect that the other option is no Muppets representation at all.

doctornick

The OP confirmed this, but I really read the reaction here as almost baiting. I thought it was pretty clear the OP was referring to RNRC as the potentially problematic attraction. I'm sure Disney has plans to change that when they have to, but right now they don't have to.

There's probably some validity there or at least Disney probably feels Aerosmith is not ideal (and certainly isn't their own IP for cross-marketing purposes) so changing the theme for RNR seems inevitable. Especially as they already changed Paris.

That being said, while I would personally actually enjoy seeing it as Electric Mayhem, the scuttlebutt seems to be that they are eyeing an Incredibles makeover for RNR.

erasure fan1

Yeah that's probably fair. With that being said, I also suspect that the other option is no Muppets representation at all.
True. I'll never sugarcoat my obvious bias for the Muppets. While I think Muppet vision is still a great show and holds up today, just update the Waldo CG. I'm not against a new attraction. I just have zero confidence that Disney could pull it off.

AidenRodriguez731

There's probably some validity there or at least Disney probably feels Aerosmith is not ideal (and certainly isn't their own IP for cross-marketing purposes) so changing the theme for RNR seems inevitable. Especially as they already changed Paris.

That being said, while I would personally actually enjoy seeing it as Electric Mayhem, the scuttlebutt seems to be that they are eyeing an Incredibles makeover for RNR.
I think if they wanted to keep the Rock theme two other options could be:

Phineas & Ferb
or
Powerline

Now I could go into a whole thing if we were able to remake the park from the ground up about having a version of Toontown with MMRR and Powerline together but that isn't physically feasible :/

I still think it would be cool to have one of those properties and Muppets so we don't lose the musical connection in Rock N Rollercoaster (It could even keep the name)

Incredibles is still a worthy choice imo as well as it is very poorly represented in the parks overall but I feel like theres some other places it could go that need it more.

lazyboy97o

You spend the money to:

The single greatest problem with the park is its lack of capacity. It needs significantly more before you should even consider replacing facilities that are still be used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom