News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

But that doesn't make much sense to me. There's nothing about that location that makes it "good" for Monsters that some other place wouldn't. If the argument was that they were adding more Star Wars and wanted to use it for that, well I tihnk we'd all understand if Muppets went away. But Monsters in the Muppet footprint doesn't solve any problems and if anything is unnecessarily restricting on what they can do with the Monsters.
My point is, muppets is probably on the clock regardless of where monsters goes. It’s probably gonna get turfed for something eventually. Dhs has a finite amount of space. Eventually, it’s going to be grand avenues turn. Wether that be Star Wars, the simpsons, or something else, that space is probably gonna be used eventually. It sucks, but that’s how Disney kinda is now.

doctornick

My point is, muppets is probably on the clock regardless of where monsters goes. It’s probably gonna get turfed for something eventually. Dhs has a finite amount of space. Eventually, it’s going to be grand avenues turn. Wether that be Star Wars, the simpsons, or something else, that space is probably gonna be used eventually. It sucks, but that’s how Disney kinda is now.

There's a ton of actual unused space in the park. and even the option to expand into current parking.

Sure, they might eventually find a need to use the Muppets footprint for something else. that really shouldn't be until after they built like 5-10 additional attractions elsewhere in the park.

TrainsOfDisney

Honestly Star wars could have probably fit in each park (as well as some of the current attractions/lands fit)

MK: Coruscant mini-land in Tomorrowland
EPCOT: Could have been built instead of Guardians, but with the Naboo people instead.
DHS: Give us classic Tatooine
AK: Endor in the style of Pandora
Oh I would have loved something like this!!!
Yeah. I do think muppets should find a new shame sooner rather than later though. Doesn’t have to be BIG, just has to live up to the spirit and humor of the originals.
Why? What is the reason they can’t stay where they are?

Sneaky

Why? What is the reason they can’t stay where they are?
I really want them to, and I would love grand avenue to become a muppets land. I just feel that if it is considered now, even if it doesn’t happen, it’s probably gonna be thrown around again. I would LOVE to be wrong though. If I could have my way, muppetvision 3.D. Would run forever.

FullSailDan

They played this game with GMR. They should have updated that and built MMRR on AC. They didn’t and the park got a new ride but didn’t improve capacity.

Will they do the exact same thing again? If they spent a bit more money and made a new MV film while building Monsters over Launch Bay, the park would be in better position by 2028. For some reason, at DHS, they keep spending $100s of millions to just keep the park treading water while they look to actually expand MK. I don’t get it. They should want to get more people in the second-tier parks instead of trying to somehow get 25 million people into MK.
This assumes MV capacity is actually used, which its not. TGMR had a similar capacity fallacy in that it could eat people up in theory, but it didnt draw enough crowds to justify the space usage. See also Ellens Universe of Energy. Still, keeping Muppets and using AC does in theory add more capacity, but I'm assuming they would consider that space for more than just a single ride. (It's a lot of room, and could handle multiple attractions.) I'd really like to see AC used with a more expansive plan that creates flow from sunset blvd to TS. The MI ride doesnt seem to really fit that bill unless theres more we haven't been shared.

MouseEarsMom33

I’m sure they’ve considered it. I think the issue is that Disneyland is so condensed with mini-lands in that side of the park, and already struggles with transitions and a sense of immersion. Adventureland there is little more than a brief walk before you’re at a treehouse halfway between New Orleans and the Wild West

Even if they wanted to use its Rivers of America, what do you even do — do you make another mini-land like New Orleans or Adventure or Frontier or Bayou Country and add more to the mess, or do you extend one of those to make them a proper land at the risk of losing what little buffer the river provides today
They need it for Fantasmic.

Marc Davis Fan

Would it be possible to place a modified MV into the underutilized Mickey Shorts Theater or even Sunset Showcase? I suppose the ROI wouldn’t be high enough, though.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Would it be possible to place a modified MV into the underutilized Mickey Shorts Theater or even Sunset Showcase? I suppose the ROI wouldn’t be high enough, though.

Personally, I just dont see how it would/could be the same... the MV theater is so purpose built and has so many built in effects... I'd be shocked if Disney would modify that theater sufficiently to retain all of those effects... then there are all the visual gags in the queue... again, I just don't see a world where those visual gags make the move..

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Certainly possible. It’s probably a little small seating wise to accommodate the current crowds. They probably wouldn’t do all the AA’s - probably just film them and put them on screens on either side.

It wouldn’t be the same but it would at least be something.

Surferboy567

Exactly. Get the anger out all at once. It’s like when my parents got us kids together and Mom said, “we don’t have anything to make for dinner tonight and your father and I are getting divorced.”

I barely even noticed dinner was cereal that night week.
Now if it's muppets they will have TWO waves of negative news when it could have just been one. On the flip side though if it's AC they will have TWO waves of positive news.

Sneaky

It certainly is a tight to the chest secret. This attractions location shouldn’t be a big deal, but they’re digging their own tomb with the radio silence. I wish we could just know already.

the_rich

Could this delay possibly have something to do with the rumor that universal is getting rid of the Simpsons earlier than thought?

erasure fan1

i now genuinely think they don’t have a plan.
The plan was most likely muppets, hence the reason it wasn't announced at the presentation. They didn't want to suck the air out of what is a great ride announcement for the studios. If it was animation courtyard, we absolutely know the day of the announcement or the day after.

They've now received significant pushback and I think it threw them for a loop. I don't think they figured people actually care about the Muppets still. So in my opinion this delay in where monsters inc is going, screams of panic mode. It's either they're rethinking where it's going. Or getting their ducks in a row for huge PR spin job to mitigate the terrible press they're probably going to get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom