News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cmdr_Crimson

I’m looking forward to Epic Universe but the Paris Harry Potter land makes no sense. Like why are we visiting Paris and then returning to Britain?
It's as confusing coming from Diagon Alley when Dumbledore is Dead and you go to Hogsmead and He's alive and well..
confused-lady-math-lady.gif

LSLS

That’s the issue. Most of us agree that AC would be a slam dunk here and improve the park. But they continually show great skill at committing unforced errors.

I honestly see Monsters in MC making sense based on the size/scope they outlined. BUT, it only makes sense if you do something with AC first. Which, if I'm a betting man, I'd bet is why there is such an issue going on about where this should go. It makes no sense to shutter an area and attraction while you have such a large amount of dead space that could not only be utilized, but would help with some dead ends in the park. This should be Phase 2, but they didn't want to spend the money need with Phase 1.

mattpeto

Muppets is beloved but it’s on a dead portion of the park. No merch sales, dining options are mediocre/subpar. But there are facilities waiting for re-investment. They don’t have that luxury at Animation Courtyard, even though the attractions are near complete throwaways.

Can they add small upgrades at Grand Avenue and profit more from Muppets?

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Sneaky

Muppets is beloved but it’s on a dead portion of the park. No merch sales, dining options are mediocre/subpar. But there are facilities waiting for re-investment. They don’t have that luxury at Animation Courtyard, even though the attractions are near complete throwaways.

That’s the killer. Muppets is a great attraction for the park in a dead section of the park. I feel like if it was in, say, echo lake where frozen is, or sunset where BATB is (not in a moving sense, more so if it was there from the start), muppets would 100% be in zero danger. It’s just the location that kills it.

ToTBellHop

They played this game with GMR. They should have updated that and built MMRR on AC. They didn’t and the park got a new ride but didn’t improve capacity.

Will they do the exact same thing again? If they spent a bit more money and made a new MV film while building Monsters over Launch Bay, the park would be in better position by 2028. For some reason, at DHS, they keep spending $100s of millions to just keep the park treading water while they look to actually expand MK. I don’t get it. They should want to get more people in the second-tier parks instead of trying to somehow get 25 million people into MK.

abaker1975

I honestly wished that no one ended up with the Harry Potter license. Universal is milking it to death by including it in 3 parks. Talk about overkill.
I agree here. I love the Potter lands and looking forward to another one but they should have kept Potter growing in the two parks where it currently exists. With Hogwarts Express it makes more sense to me to keep Potter as the big draw at the original two parks. Ministry of Magic in Universal Studios feels like a natural expansion to Diagon Alley and London Kings Cross.

Epic doesn't really need Potter to draw audience.

Magenta Panther

I think Disney dodged a bullet given Rowling’s descent into full-time rage-tweeting.

Plus the world of Harry Potter (by which I mean the concept) feels too big and autonomous to be contained under the Disney umbrella. I’m glad it ended up elsewhere.

Rowling's "rage-tweeting" (in other words, her opinion) hasn't hurt her fortune and her IP one bit. Universal's Wizarding World has been enormously successful, so successful that it's being expanded upon in Epic Universe. And a new Harry Potter TV series is in development at HBO. And the Hogwarts Legacy game withstood the wrath of, um, some and became one of the top-selling video games of all time. So Rowling's doing JUUUUSSTTT fine. 😁

If anything, Rowling dodged a bullet by not letting her IP being dumbed-down into a Midway Mania shooter attraction (actual Disney plans, I believe). Universal respected her input (unlike Disney) and built a true wonderland. One that truly fulfills fan's expectations, unlike Galaxy's Edge. Bravo, Universal, for not bowing down to the mob and for not doing a cheap half-baked version of a worldwide publishing phenomenon. Universal gets all the wins.

gerarar

Premium Member
I'm very certain it's going in Animation Courtyard. It's pretty obvious IMO - the CM building exodus, the MuppetVision seating refreshes, the rumors, and the fact that a building tall enough for a coaster would be visible from GE
Don’t think this is much an indication. It’s just one side not talking to the other, especially when future plans are held in secret and still being debated (months ago).

Some other examples is TGMR getting new carpet months before it’s announced closure for MMRR, Dinosaur receiving facade work recently and the reflection pool with the Iguanodon outside being repaired before plans dropped for the Dinoland redo. Restaurantosaurus receiving new entertainment even of its impending closure.

But I do agree, it should go in Animation Courtyard. Enough with the (capacity) replacements already (even tho losing a meet and greet and Disney Jr show is some slight capacity loss, it’s still better than MV3D).

Surferboy567

I also think this thread is starting to veer way too off topic from muppets and monsters. We should probably get back on that.

Back to that line of thinking, as the days continue without an announcement I fear for the muppets more and more. I really just want Monstropolis to be as grand as it possibly can be and I feel AC is really the only way to accomplish that. I’m sure the door coaster will be great in both areas.

Sneaky

I also think this thread is starting to veer way too off topic from muppets and monsters. We should probably get back on that.

Back to that line of thinking, as the days continue without an announcement I fear for the muppets more and more. I really just want Monstropolis to be as grand as it possibly can be and I feel AC is really the only way to accomplish that. I’m sure the door coaster will be great in both areas.
I do wish that there was a realistic way to “grandfather in” the muppets with a potential grand avenue redo. That whole area is a stinker who’s only saving grace is muppetvision. As long as muppets is safe, frankly I would’nt care if grand avenue is turfed. And as much as I dislike to think about, I would be ok if muppetvison left if we got a worthy attraction somewhere at wdw to suceeed it. I think Jim would’ve liked to see the muppets evolve (though I am not attempting to put words in a dead man’s mouth on purpose)

J4546

I honestly wished that no one ended up with the Harry Potter license. Universal is milking it to death by including it in 3 parks. Talk about overkill.
For real, hp land in every park lol. if disney put a toontown or Marvel or star wars land in everypark everyone would complain. Plus with jk tweeting all her terrible nonsense it's better not being in a Disney Park imo.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom