News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

hopemax

What if the announcement is that Muppet*Vision is closing to make way for Monstropolis, but the Muppets are taking over the Imagination pavilion and pushing Figment to be nothing more than a Festival host?
I actually considered, what if they move Muppet*Vision to the Magic Eye Theater, move the Carousel building between the Land and the Living Seas and erect a giant hedge around the three of them + The Land, where inside is no longer the Walt Disney Company, but a thing like Retlaw, where Burbank can never, ever, ever interfere. A team dedicated to respectful and appropriate technological and design improvements can oversee them. Truly an Experimental Prototype Community.

I mean if we are really out in dreamland...

SoFloMagic

yeah I dont get the hate on MB, its a pretty great retheme imo. The ToT in DHS is another story though, thats a classic
I think we can settle the debate by saying they're each the best version of their ride system.

Mission breakout in that ride system is awesome. The constant motion hides that you are only moving up and down.

But the 5th dimension scene crossing to the drop shaft is perfect with the creepy twilight zone theme.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've been wondering this lately. Maybe it is a fast pass effect. More people are buying and using fast passes meaning less guests are in line. And more guests are in the walkways making it seem busier? Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws here.
I think it’s more tech training of the customers

People are staring at that app - which is what Disney wanted - and seeing

“Woah! 75 for Pooh and 115 for mine train!” And spewing the “packed parks” online in feeble social media platforms…

…and not noticing there are 12 foot open spaces on the pavement walking up Main Street at noon and 300 empty chairs inside the crystal palace at the same time

The mind sees what it wants to see

Raidermatt

Hate to break it to you but they do it because it that's what people like. As much as I enjoy the classic non-IP stuff even still in Paris I was delighted seeing Marvel stuff. I'd prefer a blend but the parks cost a ton to run and what pays for that is getting seats on rides, a poster with Iron Man brings in more butts than a generic Western themed ride in an era where that's not that popular.

OG Disneyland was splashed with corporate names and overlays, I'm not sure that's much better and certainly isn't better imo.

Fact is GP likes IP, Disney's just making the sound financial move which is hard to blame if that's what appeals most to that majority by volume of their audience. People talk on here about how great Universal is yet compatible when Disney use IPs, it's just rose tinted specs all around.
Poppcock.

There are plenty of non-IP Disney attractions that have gained truly legendary theme park attraction status.

Here's the reality. People know they want what they already understand. So if you ask them on a guest survey, they respond with what they know. And if you react accordingly, you give them what they know. Expectations set. Expectations met. IP. Easy.

But that doesn't mean they wouldn't want something else even more. They just don't KNOW it because the vast majority of us are not ultra-talented, creative people.

Ask people what they wanted in a "theme park" in 1950 and they would respond with what they knew. They would describe their favorites at the local amusement park. Very few would describe anything close to what Disneyland was. And certainly that follows through to the various attractions opened later. Pirates, Haunted, Matterhorn, etc. But that necessitated ANTICPATING the needs and wants of the public. Not so easy. Requires an understanding of what makes the public tick, and the talent and commitment to create things the public didn't even know they wanted.

Early Disney could have given the people what the people asked for. Would have probably been successful financially. Sure as heck would have been cheaper and less risky. But they chose a different path. Clearly it served them well. It's ironic that now, when Disney has resources available that early Disney could only dream of, Disney no longer has the talent or desire to continue on that path. Instead they choose to limit themselves.

CoasterCowboy67

The rivers of America in Disneyland would never get paved over for a cars ride.
I’m sure they’ve considered it. I think the issue is that Disneyland is so condensed with mini-lands in that side of the park, and already struggles with transitions and a sense of immersion. Adventureland there is little more than a brief walk before you’re at a treehouse halfway between New Orleans and the Wild West

Even if they wanted to use its Rivers of America, what do you even do — do you make another mini-land like New Orleans or Adventure or Frontier or Bayou Country and add more to the mess, or do you extend one of those to make them a proper land at the risk of losing what little buffer the river provides today

Bocabear

I think Disney dodged a bullet given Rowling’s descent into full-time rage-tweeting.

Plus the world of Harry Potter (by which I mean the concept) feels too big and autonomous to be contained under the Disney umbrella. I’m glad it ended up elsewhere.
Rowling's rage tweeting has not affected anyone's love for the attractions that Universal has built.... She chose Universal based on proposals by the two companies.... Clearly Disney lost because they were not going to do enough with them...and Universal ran with the ball. I am disappointed that Disney's proposal was not good enough to get the IP...but in the end glad to see it was better and more creatively managed by Universal.

WDWbuff2001

Still no update on this is insane.. I’ve been checking this thread multiple times a day every damn day.. the suspense is killing Me😭 muppets better stay.. AC needs more traffic and it would spread the crowds out

LittleBuford

Rowling's rage tweeting has not affected anyone's love for the attractions that Universal has built.... She chose Universal based on proposals by the two companies.... Clearly Disney lost because they were not going to do enough with them...and Universal ran with the ball. I am disappointed that Disney's proposal was not good enough to get the IP...but in the end glad to see it was better and more creatively managed by Universal.
Then we’re both pleased with the outcome!

ToTBellHop

I’m looking forward to Epic Universe but the Paris Harry Potter land makes no sense. Like why are we visiting Paris and then returning to Britain?
It’s complete nonsense. It’s almost like they designed the land thinking everyone would love Fantastic Beasts but we didn’t so they had to find a way to slap a Potter ride in a Fantastic Beasts land. With Time Turners and the Floo Network, anything goes even though they are very clear in the books that this level of time travel is impossible (or someone would’ve just gone back and killed baby Tom Riddle…).

Erdago

Still no update on this is insane.. I’ve been checking this thread multiple times a day every damn day.. the suspense is killing Me😭 muppets better stay.. AC needs more traffic and it would spread the crowds out
Yeah, at this point, the suspense is getting frustrating. If they’re gonna close Muppets, just go out and say it instead of holding out for weeks or months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom