News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
If Disney backed off just because a fan said "This is a bad idea", we'd still have Mr. Toad, Great Movie Ride, Maelstrom, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror DCA, Muppets wouldn't be on the chopping block....
And thank god they don’t do that because Mission Breakout is way better than Tower in every way

TrainsOfDisney

yeah I dont get the hate on MB, its a pretty great retheme imo. The ToT in DHS is another story though, thats a classic
I hate the exterior and what it does for the skyline and placement for the rest of the park. “Classic Hollywood” is a near perfect theme that everyone seems to love - I don’t get it.

The pre-show is done well - I like that part.

The actual ride is just moving up and down to music while aging actors shout things haha.

Quietmouse

I never understood mr. toad wild ride…it was before my time, but I saw the Disney land clips on YouTube. Is the ride really that beloved even though it’s pretty short and mainly composed of colorful cardboard cut outs popping in and out ?

I understand mourning the loss of horizons or great movie ride wayyyy more than mr toad.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The trolly doesn't have an IP, so it would never go to WDW!
Ka-Chow!
yet.png

TrainsOfDisney

I was not necessarily comparing it to the little mermaid. I just never understood the attachment to this particular ride when it mainly composed of cardboard cut outs?
I was comparing it to mermaid. You seem shocked that people on a Disney parks board like the things at Disney parks? (Mr. Toad, Steamboat, etc.)

Yes - I like Mr. toad! I loved it as a kid at MK and I still enjoy it at Disneyland - although the hell scene does make me a little uneasy haha

Quietmouse

I was comparing it to mermaid. You seem shocked that people on a Disney parks board like the things at Disney parks? (Mr. Toad, Steamboat, etc.)

Yes - I like Mr. toad! I loved it as a kid at MK and I still enjoy it at Disneyland - although the hell scene does make me a little uneasy haha

i know it’s a beloved ride, but it’s not clear to me why it’s beloved? It’s literally a dark with cardboard cutouts with very few AA.

TrainsOfDisney

So you are saying if Little Mermaid opened in 1971 and was being replaced today with Mr Toad’s you’d say “Excellent move, this new ride is 10x better!!” ?
Haha! I’m not sure. I think a 1970’s - 1980’s built mermaid attraction would be more charming.

And I think a modern day toad would be far less charming.

So it’s hard to say. All of those originals work on so many levels that I’m not sure what makes them work. (Snow White, Pinocchio, Toad, Alice, Peter Pan)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom