News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

donaldtoo

Yes they are. 100%. Aerosmith isn’t even a thing anymore, fate is sealed. I have no sources, but the writing is on the wall imo.

Yep, and with the recent news that Tyler’s fractured larynx is now permanently sidelining him, it’s the perfect excuse for Disney to finally “reimagine” this attraction.
I’m more sad about Tyler’s situation than I am the attraction, as I’m an oldster that has been listening to music from Aerosmith since they made it on the national scene.

SplashJacket

Mermaid exiting into Monsters Incourtyard wouldn't be an issue.

As for Disney Junior, there are a few relocation opportunities if MI needs the space, and a potential entrance relocation if necessary. The dance party is a pretty weak offering compared to the proper show it replaced, which itself was a rather rushed effort to add a kiddie "attraction" in place of the old restaurant.
With Cars going to MK, a real junior offering could go to the theater/space besides Rockin.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if this is supposed to be an accurate representation of the load/unload area because the unload doesn't connect to the load. It's also interesting that it looks like 4 loads and unloads going into 1 main track.
1723405257885.png

peter11435

The model isn’t even a suspended coaster. I definitely feel like they emptied out their closet on this project for things to show. I’m on team Animation courtyard. The courtyard concept art seems the newer of the two, to me.
There have been a few versions of the monsters door coaster proposed over the years. All have been suspended coasters including the model shown here. I’m not sure why you think it isn’t.

capsshield

If you knew your competition was going to eat your lunch why in the world would you help them by removing 20 percent of your rides instead of adding more reasons to not go to your competition. No way is this going to replace Star Tours and Muppet Vision.
Nor will it affect the Tower.
They could easily replace the Disney Jr show with a monster puppet show. Throw in a monster playground and you have three new attractions to fill that land. Very kid and family friendly.

Mermaid could easily become another Pixar based show. One man's dream could become a Pixar showcase.

After completing monsters then you tackle grand Ave area.

MagicHappens1971

Someone said the height requirement for this is presumed to be between 40”-42”, right? Seems pretty low, not saying this is going to be super intense but I can’t imagine it being as tame as something like the Barnstormer.

erasure fan1

Hey! All because a piece of media bombed doesn't take it out the running! Otherwise Indiana Jones and Encanto wouldn't be hogging up a whole land!

Muppets are safe at WDW. There's plans.

Muppetvision... I'm still asking around.
Jeff Yorkes was one of the show runners, and they pitched it to Disney when they pitched the show. He said they rejected it well before the show was cancelled. Unless they had a big change of heart, but then why cancel the show with hugely favorable reviews from fans & critics that won awards and spawned a number one album? It's perfect. Now if they do have other plans, I'll wager a bet that it's nothing to the scale of muppet vision or a rockn rollercoaster retheme to mayhem.

I agree, the muppets are fine.......for now. I fear they don't survive galaxys edge phase 2 or whatever that ends up being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom