News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

They do still intend to open Mermaid, which makes no sense…. Unless they some how reroute entrance / exit through One Mans Dream.
I mean, they could simply keep the courtyard as its own thing and start Monstropolis at the point where the Launch Bay begins. There’s plenty of room to build Monsters there without needing to use the Disney Jr or VOTLM footprints. And would make it easier to connect a guest path to the RNR area which would be a benefit for guest flow.

doctornick

Did not say capacity for DK would be great. But it will be better than a Vekoma Suspended. Long train family coasters typically only one on the track. Maybe two if we get a Tron situation of a lot of blocks.
I don’t know much about this kind of stuff but if they are doing dual loading then there is going to be multiple trains on the track at a time, no?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
If I remember the movie correctly, we would actually ride the doors, not go through them.
Yes, the doors in the movie hang suspended under a track, just like the coaster will be.

IMG_4527.jpeg

celluloid

That’s profoundly visually uninteresting. It would literally be a “coaster in a warehouse.”

Yes, the doors in the movie hang suspended under a track, just like the coaster will be.

View attachment 808317

Something unfortunate is that the coaster should sway, but current Vekoma Suspended don't.

Right off the bat it would be better suited for an Axis Coaster from S&S or something akin to what Arrow did with Suspended coasters in the 80s.

Saying "I want to be suspended under a track is only the first part. If this is just a coaster in the dim light and door mirror effects, it is just sort of a side attraction. Another Tron, but skewed slightly younger.

Smiley/OCD

If it legit takes over Grand Avenue, they really need to consider moving Star Tours to Galaxy’s Edge and MuppetVision to any of the less useful theater-sized spaces
My .02…since Aerosmith has retired, retheme RnRC to the Muppets and reconstruct MV3D into Animation Courtyard…and build the Monsters Inc land in the Muppets courtyard OR, with Indy going to AK, let’s finally close the live show at HWD and build it there…

roj2323

From a strategic standpoint, it would make more sense for it to be built as an animation courtyard replacement Leaving Muppets courtyard for a StarWars expansion later on. Doing this would also give them the option to use On Man's Dream as a replacement location for Monsters inc. Laugh floor. This would mean that That the Little mermaid stage show goes away however.

Casper Gutman

Ummmm. No. It’s not.

That doesn’t even make sense
So everyone’s excited about a coaster in an industrial warehouse? The entire point of Monsters Inc is the contrast between banal, familiar settings and fantastic characters, so a ride emphasizing the most boring setting of all sounds like a really bad idea.

You might have to do a bit of set-up to justify a track going through doors. Imagineers might have to exercise wit and cleverness. Perhaps the door system is malfunctioning. But theme park rides have to be designed to be interesting and enjoyable AS THEME PARK RIDES. They can’t just replicate a thoroughly uninteresting setting from a film and call it a day.

A coaster in an industrial warehouse with occasional door sized screens is a very, very bad concept for a ride.

fgmnt

To keep relatively on topic, I think you can lock in the current theming package on the first roller coaster built in the park until they open the third one, and not much longer.

Door Coaster I think has an ok and attainable capacity target. Vekoma FSCs I think come only as 20-seat trains, slotting it between SDD at 18 and RNR at 24. Optimistic blocking: two trains in the gravity room, two trains in the lifting scenes, one train in a post-gravity show scene, two in active load? It’s certain to be the highest capacity roller coaster in the park (low bar).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
From a strategic standpoint, it would make more sense for it to be built as an animation courtyard replacement Leaving Muppets courtyard for a StarWars expansion later on. Doing this would also give them the option to use On Man's Dream as a replacement location for Monsters inc. Laugh floor. This would mean that That the Little mermaid stage show goes away however.
The Muppets is critical to remain as one of the only things guests can do at DHS without some kind of Lighting Lane, Virtual Queue, or a long standby. it is high capacity and still gets very high GSR. It should, and deserves to stay.

TrainsOfDisney

Monsters
Zootopia
???
I personally prefer Monsters as an IP but Zootopia if they cloned the dark ride - would have added a family dark ride with no height requirement and an IP that is a bit more relevant.

I’m guessing with that plan the zootopia show may have gone into mermaid?

This adds a Pixar themed family coaster, right next to a Pixar themed family coaster. Probably same height requirements.

I think the coaster / experience will be fun, but pretty basic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom