News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

etc98

I don’t necessarily see an issue with having an existing show stay in a MI land. It’s meant to be a living, breathing city that could easily host “visiting” shows.
Little Mermaid show with all the parts played by monsters confirmed. I think Roz would make a great Ursula 😂

The crazy part is this is something I could almost see Disney doing

PREMiERdrum

Mermaid is not planned to run for “a year or two”. It would not be difficult to keep the entrance out of this land if it goes to AC. Exit is harder but it’s not impossible if they really care (and I’m not sure they will).

Not sure on Disney Junior. It definitely meets a need.
Mermaid exiting into Monsters Incourtyard wouldn't be an issue.

As for Disney Junior, there are a few relocation opportunities if MI needs the space, and a potential entrance relocation if necessary. The dance party is a pretty weak offering compared to the proper show it replaced, which itself was a rather rushed effort to add a kiddie "attraction" in place of the old restaurant.

ToTBellHop

With the caveat that much changed in the last month or so, I do believe this is planned for AC and the Muppets are safe. This was deemed far less problematic for daily park ops for the next several years and there are plans to move those Star Wars M&Gs, anyway.

MI was drawn up for more than one location for Bob’s “menu” to order from. I think that’s what we are seeing.

doctornick

Mermaid is not planned to run for “a year or two”. It would not be difficult to keep the entrance out of this land if it goes to AC. Exit is harder but it’s not impossible if they really care (and I’m not sure they will).

My question for that is would they connect Monstropolis to the RNR area? IMHO on the large side benefits to building in that area is to deal with how both AC and Sunset Blvd are "dead ends".

ToTBellHop

My question for that is would they connect Monstropolis to the RNR area? IMHO on the large side benefits to building in that area is to deal with how both AC and Sunset Blvd are "dead ends".
That’s certainly been a plan for this plot in the past (and would help keep the Disney Junior show since they could build that connection before closing the courtyard).

radiorae

Little Mermaid show with all the parts played by monsters confirmed. I think Roz would make a great Ursula 😂

The crazy part is this is something I could almost see Disney doing

Orrrrrrrrrrr…..

F6EE499E-FDD4-4439-BFF5-B225F95C4285.gif

roj2323

I present the following as a way to reenforce the idea that realistically Animation Courtyard is the most likely candidate.
Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 2.52.20 PM.png

This deletes The little Mermaid theater but keeps the One Man's Dream theater allowing for Laugh floor to potentially be relocated there.

This configuration would also maintain the office building but if they deleted the office building they could keep everything inline and open up a potential corridor connection to Coaster Courtyard later on. I'm not however convinced that they want to remove the office tower as the last time I was in there it was still actively being used by park management and there's already a lack of office space around the park due to the office deletions the Toy Story addition caused.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 3.05.28 PM.png

Last edited:

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
For sure, because all the shows and characters currently seen in the Disney Jr stage show today have all been cancelled and surprised that they didn't talk about/consider an update this weekend

sorry.., if I was a bit off-topic between Monsters and the currently empty AC

erasure fan1

Brayden is insinuating muppets has something else in the pipeline. I’m guessing rnrc
I'm guessing no. Jeff Yorkes was on the rebel force radio podcast and they talked about muppets mayhem. One of the things he brought up is they brought that to Disney as part of the pitch for the show. And they rejected it. Now it it possible they've changed their mind. But I'm guessing since they cancelled the show after just one season, they're not redoing a ride to it. It would only be one of the smartest re-skins they could possibly do. So of course they won't do it. Lol

JKick95

I'm guessing no. Jeff Yorkes was on the rebel force radio podcast and they talked about muppets mayhem. One of the things he brought up is they brought that to Disney as part of the pitch for the show. And they rejected it. Now it it possible they've changed their mind. But I'm guessing since they cancelled the show after just one season, they're not redoing a ride to it. It would only be one of the smartest re-skins they could possibly do. So of course they won't do it. Lol
Another RFR listener!!! Such a great podcast.

We can continue with Monsters. I got excited.

Moth

Hey! All because a piece of media bombed doesn't take it out the running! Otherwise Indiana Jones and Encanto wouldn't be hogging up a whole land!

Muppets are safe at WDW. There's plans.

Muppetvision... I'm still asking around.

Sneaky

Hey! All because a piece of media bombed doesn't take it out the running! Otherwise Indiana Jones and Encanto wouldn't be hogging up a whole land!

Muppets are safe at WDW. There's plans.

Muppetvision... I'm still asking around.
Well, that makes me feel somewhat comfortable. Brayden was saying something about muppet plans in place too. wonder if it’s rnrc, or maybe hall of presidents?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom