News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Earlie the Pearlie

As much as I love Muppet*Vision…

If it needs to go to keep Living with the Land safe from IP, so be it. Living with the Land getting Zootopia would truly be my last straw.

And liking or loving a film does not mean that it should be in any given theme park. Wreck-It Ralph is one of my favorite Disney films and I don’t think it has any place in any of the WDW parks. Even if the Tokyo Disneyland ride is amazing I still don’t want it. It just has no thematic place in the resort. I can see Zootopia maybe working in DAK if done well and unobtrusively, or in the relatively themeless DHS, but it has no place in EPCOT. The Land does not need IP.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I’m sure they have Top Men working on this as we type.
80466e18-bd33-4ebd-b116-3e542767ca64_text.gif

I’m probably in the minority with this and I’m okay with that, but doing some rough google map calculations, the combined area of star tours, backlot express, Indiana jones, and some back stage areas (acknowledging I don’t know the importance of these back stage areas) is nearly 13 acres. Indy alone is nearly 3.5 acres all depending how you draw your lines. There is so much potential with that area in my mind. Maybe incredible area set up like a city similar to old streets of america using a reimagined star tours. Could put another coaster in this area as well. Maybe even two lands worth of average as well (coco or one of the other ideas floating around out there).

Sneaky

From a PR standpoint, Friday afternoon is typically when bad news gets dumped, as people are leaving for the weekend. Let's hope for Wednesday.
What’s the standpoint on this anyway? Is it still “leaning towards animation courtyard,” do we genuinely not know?

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
As much as I love Muppet*Vision…

If it needs to go to keep Living with the Land safe from IP, so be it. Living with the Land getting Zootopia would truly be my last straw.

And liking or loving a film does not mean that it should be in any given theme park. Wreck-It Ralph is one of my favorite Disney films and I don’t think it has any place in any of the WDW parks. Even if the Tokyo Disneyland ride is amazing I still don’t want it. It just has no thematic place in the resort. I can see Zootopia maybe working in DAK if done well and unobtrusively, or in the relatively themeless DHS, but it has no place in EPCOT. The Land does not need IP.
Did anyone actually say that Zootopia would go at LwtL other than the guy who joked about it?

Purduevian

Does anyone know the layout/ have the blueprint for the Muppet vision 3d show building? Would it be possible just to wrap the exit around between Muppets and SWGE, then dump out into the current extended queue? It also would be possible just to have a blocked off pathway back to Grand Ave.

Leave muppets part of Grand Ave. Turn the studio store, Rizzos, Mama Melrose, into Monsters.

1724092441890.png

Jambo Dad

Here is a recipe for Disney to regain our respect and trust over next 15 years. Not everything I would do but a good next 15. This is the money Iger says he wants to spend.

Mk
  • Leave ROA and TSI alone, at least the lower loop.
  • Leave Hall of Presidents alone, unless it’s a Muppets retheme of HOP.
  • Leave Liberty Square alone. Period!
  • Put Villains behind Haunted Mansion (that’s going to be a huge win if done right) – expand the footprint to get the size right – make it big.
  • Put Cars behind BTM, but only if its Radiator Springs & Route 66 like California.. That’s actually thematically consistent and extends BTM to the 20th century.
  • Update Indy speedway – electric cars, Tron or other future theming.
  • Get something new in the front part of Tomorrow land.
  • Fix Tiana! It doesn’t work! Create a more complete New Orleans land too. I know it’s a later time period than BTM but we are stuck with that.
Epcot
  • Lots of damage already done. Fix the broken brand new stuff. Get rid of the horrible planter.
  • Get updated Imagination pavilion – should be number 1 Epcot priority..
  • Update SSE – but carefully.
  • Hope to God Test Track 3.0 is better than 2.0.
  • Add major rides to German and Japan as originally planned.
  • Add Brazil, India, Australia (take your pick).
  • Put something in Wonders of Life.
  • Slowly improve the horrible innoventions building they added.
  • Add a fountain.
HS
  • Monsters Inc . would be great land if placed at Animation Courtyard and Launch Bay.
  • Relocate Laugh Floor from MK
  • Give this land room to walk around.
  • Leave Muppets alone other than add new 3D film. All film-based attractions should be updated every 10 years.
  • Star Wars – there is no kinetic energy. Get droids circulating. Create air traffic overhead via drones (it’s a space port!). Build the deferred restaurant.
  • Forget the use of the new trilogy as the theme.
  • Don’t touch Tower!
  • Streetmosphere!
Animal Kingdom
  • They are about to make several huge mistakes that don’t work. I wouldn’t do any of it, but that boat may have sailed.
  • The incredible complex theming here is our last line of defense from poor creatives.
  • New lands should echo the amazing non-IP work in Asia and Africa.
  • The new lands should be Americas and Australia.
  • I don’t even mind Tropical Americas and Encanto if done right.
  • Indy doesn’t belong here.
  • Add another Pandora ride.
  • Figure out a show for the lagoon (not kites!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom