News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

But they are still promoting a property that is owned by Disney. Therefore, driving more engagement & merch sales for an IP that is not universal grown. Truly think that the Marvel area will be gone within the next decade.

** especially if Universal were to buy DC or WarnerBros entirely.
If we get avengers at wdw eventually, that’s fine. Idk how big it would be , but I always thought if they had the rights at the right time, a marvel land set In New York reusing streets of America would’ve been perfect.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Depends how big Monsters is/if they decide Zootopia is worth eliminating other backstage areas that can be relocated easily/if they decide Zootopia is worth eliminating other old attractions.
Hopefully any and all plans for Z******a go one place:

Trash Dumping GIF

Hopefully any and all plans for Z******a go one place:

Trash Dumping GIF

I don't get the Zootopia hate on this forum, it's a popular and well rated film with lots of theming potential. Someone said "animals in pants" on another thread as if they've never seen the concept of animals acting like people before that film, and the concept itself meant it was bad. It's weird.

The area in Shanghai is one of the most delightfully themed areas at any Disney park, far more going on and far more detail than Fantasy Springs for example.

Anyway this thread's gone way off topic in the absence of conflicting tidbits every few hours to keep us all excited.

V_L_Raptor

Depends how big Monsters is/if they decide Zootopia is worth eliminating other backstage areas that can be relocated easily/if they decide Zootopia is worth eliminating other old attractions.

They could also hold with previous (very loose) precedent and decide that not being able to put a property where they want it at DHS means they need to put it somewhere at Epcot... so we'll all be Living with the Rabbits.

Sneaky

They could also hold with previous (very loose) precedent and decide that not being able to put a property where they want it at DHS means they need to put it somewhere at Epcot... so we'll all be Living with the Rabbits.
As long as it’s educational honestly I wouldn’t mind…? (Don’t kill me epcot stans, I like classic Epcot I promise). If it wasn’t for Moana in Epcot I’d be up in arms but Moana proved ip in Epcot can be used well.

James Alucobond

I don't get the Zootopia hate on this forum, it's a popular and well rated film with lots of theming potential. Someone said "animals in pants" on another thread as if they've never seen the concept of animals acting like people before that film, and the concept itself meant it was bad. It's weird.

The area in Shanghai is one of the most delightfully themed areas at any Disney park, far more going on and far more detail than Fantasy Springs for example.

Anyway this thread's gone way off topic in the absence of conflicting tidbits every few hours to keep us all excited.
I think it’s a combination of the Shanghai ride not being very good in a single-ride land and the IP just generally being a threat to Animal Kingdom because it’s plain to see how it could go terribly wrong in the hands of someone who doesn’t care about the park’s themes and vibe. Hopefully, the show in the Tree satisfies them since it mitigates the damage there.

I’m ultimately not that opposed to it in DHS, but I would hope they’d do something a bit different than Shanghai. What it has isn’t really what that park needs.

Professortango1

The inside - ya know where actual characters we know and love are alive and conversing and make us smile and laugh.
Rex made me smile and laugh, not sure about C-3PO and the boggle-like ride design where we just warp into the middle of a scene that doesn't line up with the timeline of the attraction. The only sequence I really enjoyed in The Adventure Continues is the original Naboo ending where the tail of the other craft breaks through the window.

What has also been annoying is that twice I've gone on at the end of the day to get 3-D glasses that are broken. I made it known, but in the end I got stuck riding with a blurry screen and the queue being closed when I exited, so my last ride of the day was an out-of-focus simulator. Never had that issue with the original Star Tours.

RosR9

Dude yeah I don’t get it I LOVE zootopia, as someone who will probably never get to Shanghai I hope it comes here

Ripken10

Dude yeah I don’t get it I LOVE zootopia, as someone who will probably never get to Shanghai I hope it comes here
Count me as someone who enjoyed the movie, and think it has good potential for HS. But have it go to AK and I begin to hate the idea. I think many of us are in the same category, and even fear wanting Zootopia somehow will translate to (more) of it at Animal Kingdom.

ednamodedarling

Disney has shown they are open to re-inventing the wheel with prior incarnations of IP based lands getting cloned. My guess is we get a new ride system. Hopefully an EMV or a much needed boat ride for DHS.

doctornick

Zootopia is a great film and perfectly fine to include in WDW. It doesn't fit DAK as it is not a film "about" animals as much as using animals as a surrogate for humans.

But it's a good choice for DHS. I'd be very happy to see that IP added in DHS. My biggest concern would be that they don't simply clone the SDL land - DHS needs something with multiple attractions.

Thanks phoenicians

Zootopia is a great film and perfectly fine to include in WDW. It doesn't fit DAK as it is not a film "about" animals as much as using animals as a surrogate for humans.

But it's a good choice for DHS. I'd be very happy to see that IP added in DHS. My biggest concern would be that they don't simply clone the SDL land - DHS needs something with multiple attractions.
Yeah I get why people are nervous and don't want Zootopia in DAK, but i'd much rather see Zootopia in DHS at some point instead of Simpsons. Imo Simpsons would be such a strange fit alongside Monsters and Toy Story

Professortango1

Yeah I get why people are nervous and don't want Zootopia in DAK, but i'd much rather see Zootopia in DHS at some point instead of Simpsons. Imo Simpsons would be such a strange fit alongside Monsters and Toy Story
I cannot see them doing Simpsons as Universal did a pretty good job with Springfield. If Disney was to do it, it would all look pretty similar and for many people it would have that "just opened? Didn't they already have this for 20 years?" feeling for the land.

UNCgolf

I'm fine with Zootopia in DHS (and would prefer it over Simpsons, which I don't think is a good fit at all) -- I just don't really want a clone of the mediocre attraction, especially if it was the only attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom