News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Mickey Views posted a whole video…and believes it’s going in Muppets though he said he doesn’t know for sure. He does seem very salty about rivers of America which possibly could be tainting his perspective.

Not saying he’s right all the time he’s far from a perfect source, but it’s notable enough to discuss.
Well considering he got almost everything about d23 right I think we should definitely keep him in mind when it comes to rumors.

doctornick

If Monsters Inc. goes to AC there's a perfect spot to relocate those offices too.

Why do people keep bringing that up? The Star Wars hotel seems like a terrible option for offices - it's not set up for that purpose. I'm sure they is actual office space in the area that can be used instead for relocated people from the old Animation Building.

Mr. Sullivan

Why do people keep bringing that up? The Star Wars hotel seems like a terrible option for offices - it's not set up for that purpose. I'm sure they is actual office space in the area that can be used instead for relocated people from the old Animation Building.
I've mentioned this space before in regards to the offices, but when I do, I don't mean that they should convert the hotel itself into office space. What I mean is this land has already been developed to host a dwelling so it would make sense to construct a new office space here after demolishing the old building because it wouldn't require them to do any sort of pre-development work like tree clearing, plumbing routing, etc. It's there already.

UNCgolf

But they are still promoting a property that is owned by Disney. Therefore, driving more engagement & merch sales for an IP that is not universal grown. Truly think that the Marvel area will be gone within the next decade.

** especially if Universal were to buy DC or WarnerBros entirely.

But they sell their own Marvel merch, so why would they care about that?

There's really no downside whatsoever for Universal to have Marvel in their parks. Letting Disney have it, on the other hand, could potentially hurt them.

I've mentioned this space before in regards to the offices, but when I do, I don't mean that they should convert the hotel itself into office space. What I mean is this land has already been developed to host a dwelling so it would make sense to construct a new office space here after demolishing the old building because it wouldn't require them to do any sort of pre-development work like tree clearing, plumbing routing, etc. It's there already.
That would be a great idea. But I have a feel demolish of that building is not in the cards. Not with what they paid for it, at most they might build on land adjacent to it.

SCOTLORR

Mickey Views posted a whole video…and believes it’s going in Muppets though he said he doesn’t know for sure. He does seem very salty about rivers of America which possibly could be tainting his perspective.

Not saying he’s right all the time he’s far from a perfect source, but it’s notable enough to discuss.
Yeah he made it clear that his opinion of it going in muppets courtyard was purely speculation. His reasoning is pretty sound though, he cited the fact that muppets courtyard is the far cheaper option compared to animation. Just once, I’m asking for Disney to be cool just once and put this in animation courtyard where it belongs.

doctornick

I guess that seems like a waste to me when they can repurpose the hotel space into something that generates revenue like a Hoop Dee Do type dinner entertainment

Professortango1

“Finally”? Why would anyone suggest that removing Star Tours is a positive?
Because the newer version isn't nearly as good as the original attraction, because the outside still looks like a studio set, because there is an immersive Star Wars land right behind it and its weird to have this ride sitting outside of that. Disney isn't going to move Star Tours to GE, so just get rid of it and build something new.

SCOTLORR

Because the newer version isn't nearly as good as the original attraction, because the outside still looks like a studio set, because there is an immersive Star Wars land right behind it and its weird to have this ride sitting outside of that. Disney isn't going to move Star Tours to GE, so just get rid of it and build something new.
I get the sentiment, but Star tours should not be touched until the areas of AC, Indy, RnRc and Grand Avenue are all addressed. Preferably in that order too

Mr. Sullivan

I guess that seems like a waste to me when they can repurpose the hotel space into something that generates revenue like a Hoop Dee Do type dinner entertainment
Oh for sure, I don’t think it’s the best use of the space, but if the office space in HS is becoming an expansion issue, I’d sooner advocate for them to raise SC and demo the old offices.

I think the stinger with SC’s building is that it’s location is going to make repurposing it a challenge. It’s proximity to the park would have to be factored into whatever they use it for.

SCOTLORR

The Star Tours queue is more immersive than almost all of Galaxy's Edge though.
1724035973853.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom