News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

V_L_Raptor

Do we really think TWDC is scrambling around behind the scenes, waffling on their decisions and doing things “last minute”?

This is a big, corporate machine. By its nature it does not move fast, and it requires processes and data analysis and strategy to move projects forward.

This site seems to conflate “surprises” and seemingly poor communication into a belief that things change in the final seconds before an exec walks into the D23 stage, or a shovel strikes the dirt at a build site.

Highly unlikely. The company probably pays a lot of money to consultants to help them figure out how to make decisions faster.

That’s as may be, but they’ve made whiplash decisions before on public outcry. Mission: Breakout was originally slated for DHS.

Sneaky

That’s as may be, but they’ve made whiplash decisions before on public outcry. Mission: Breakout was originally slated for DHS.
God imagine if that happened? Now look at what happened! Tower of terror is one of the bona-Fide icons of wdw, and will stay with or without the twilight zone. No way that happens to muppet vision, but they can change plans!

Do we really think TWDC is scrambling around behind the scenes, waffling on their decisions and doing things “last minute”?

This is a big, corporate machine. By its nature it does not move fast, and it requires processes and data analysis and strategy to move projects forward.

This site seems to conflate “surprises” and seemingly poor communication into a belief that things change in the final seconds before an exec walks into the D23 stage, or a shovel strikes the dirt at a build site.

Highly unlikely. The company probably pays a lot of money to consultants to help them figure out how to make decisions faster.
That's true for the ideal, but people running companies are just people like you and me. It's feasible you see a storm coming and panic, tell people to get the old plans out and just make it work. Most everyone in this thread must have worked in a company where decisions happen out of the blue, opposite to what was planned for months.

In any case I'm leaning towards AC just because that's what the latest concept art was depicting and it seems a lot more realistic than the other art that looks nice but "too" filled in (i.e. the AC concept has the empty spaces of a more realistic design, like it's come from a more refined design). But I might as well just put my finger in the air and guess at this point.

Sneaky

A quote from Alicia Stella from the inside universal forums “
It was Muppets for a long time. Shortly before the expo alternate plans were entertained and specific art was supposedly removed from the presentation that made it obvious the art was for Muppets because there was a chance now that that’s not where it may go.

The backlash to the possibility has been more broad than just hardcore theme park fans, and I’ve heard they’ve received a lot of emails and messages regarding the matter.

And yes, it does seem like perhaps they’re leaning towards Animation Courtyard now.”

Sneaky

A quote from Alicia Stella from the inside universal forums “
It was Muppets for a long time. Shortly before the expo alternate plans were entertained and specific art was supposedly removed from the presentation that made it obvious the art was for Muppets because there was a chance now that that’s not where it may go.

The backlash to the possibility has been more broad than just hardcore theme park fans, and I’ve heard they’ve received a lot of emails and messages regarding the matter.

And yes, it does seem like perhaps they’re leaning towards Animation Courtyard now.”
So we’re kidna at an impass now. Some people are saying AC, others are saying Muppets still. This is far from over I’m guessing. It’s a game of who’s right and who’s wrong?

Last edited:

Sneaky

So here’s where we stand on the rumor sphere:
  • Mickeyviews : muppetvision closing
  • WDWMAGIC insiders (Steve and Martin) : muppetvision closing (last we heard from them
  • Alicia Stella: leaning towards animation courtyard, undecided still, backlash bigger than expected, received letters and emails
  • The site that will not be named/Tom Corless: animation courtyard, has always been the case.
  • Quite a bit of people : muppets will have a home regardless of muppets future

This is what I’ve gathered. If I’m wrong on anything I will gladly change it

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Let’s say for argument sake, it goes in Animation Courtyard.

How would this practically work? How large of an area are we talking here? Does Little Mermaid run for a few years and then is folded in the land?

Another thing in terms of land reveals, I doubt they are just gonna put a giant monsters inc building right off from the hub. So I imagine the land will be set back a bit, easing us into Monsters giving us a proper “wow” moment and reveal.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the surface area of AC seems much larger then Muppets. This should (in theory) enable a much more ambitious land.

So what are we thinking:

1 E Ticket (Door Coaster and Factory)
1 show (Laugh Floor?)
1 dining location (Harry’s)
1 store
1 character meet and greet location
Streets of Monstropolis

Another thing what is a reasonable time to expect this to open? If it’s a new build from scratch I’d say 2028 - 2029?

Tha Realest

Was he really that oblivious to what he shared or is it that not all heroes wear capes?

Either way, this seems to pretty much confirm it’s AC. A very obvious choice imo, such a weird waste of space with SW Launch Bay when SW has an entire land to itself already.

I hope they expand upon the plan in the concept art to utilize the space even more.
I hope the only consequence he recieve(s/d) is a stern talking to. That said, he puts his employer and employment in his bio, and enjoys a social media following of 5K+. Again, I hope he learns from this and there is no consequence, but one of the biggest mysteries over the last week has been parsing clues for what’s to come (and where) with the Monsters Inc / MV issue, and he drops a juicy nugget in the middle of all of that.

nickys

Premium Member
Let’s say for argument sake, it goes in Animation Courtyard.

How would this practically work? How large of an area are we talking here? Does Little Mermaid run for a few years and then is folded in the land?

Another thing in terms of land reveals, I doubt they are just gonna put a giant monsters inc building right off from the hub. So I imagine the land will be set back a bit, easing us into Monsters giving us a proper “wow” moment and reveal.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the surface area of AC seems much larger then Muppets. This should (in theory) enable a much more ambitious land.

So what are we thinking:

1 E Ticket (Door Coaster and Factory)
1 show (Laugh Floor?)
1 dining location (Harry’s)
1 store
1 character meet and greet location
Streets of Monstropolis

Another thing what is a reasonable time to expect this to open? If it’s a new build from scratch I’d say 2028 - 2029?
Wasn’t there mention of a playground?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom