News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

Also with the rumors about rnrc and MV3d staying, it’ll be nice to have old mgm for a bit longer. I think it’s time is drawing near, but at least it’s being eased into.

dlp_watcher

An office behind RnRc is most likely also behind animation courtyard. That backstage space is all one piece. The area of the park you’re “behind” depends on which direction you’re facing
That´s right. I think it is behind animation courtyard. He said his office was behind RnRc, facing Tower of Terror.
monsters.jpg

CJR

I don't know what to believe anymore lol. I've been told AC was "next" for years now. I also knew that they were eyeballing Muppets, but always felt like it would come later on, due to its capacity and the park's lack of toddler friendly rides (which Monster's Inc, probably rightfully so, won't help much).

Here's hoping they made the right call. Zootopia, The Simpsons, or another IP can easily find a place in the park. Monster's is very unlikely to use all of the AC, post-Sunset footprint. There's a good amount of room behind the aged Beauty and the Beast show, which has its fans, but still has a solid presence at MK. Indy is expensive and a very large space. They could also finally build a parking garage and build in the current cast lot, with the right planning.

I still agree that Muppets is on borrowed time, if it is indeed AC, this was absolutely a villainous test. Also, a reminder and wake-up call. They, for better (door coaster) or worse (GMR removal) don't let go of ideas. It'll get looked at again, probably for something even more innocent and height friendly (or just more Star Wars).

DKampy

Which is wild that we are talking about a land being built and open ten plus years from now being competition to a land opening in 9 months as a part of an entirely new theme park.

In reality. Cars and villians will be up against Pokemon/Zelda/something else.
They did state construction will start in 2025 for both Monsters inc and Cars… anything can happen to cause delays… but at this moment I am thinking they are planning to have something new every year….the lounges, night parade, and Test Track 3.0 in 25…. Mando and Grogo mission on smuggler as well as new Zootopia show in 26….Tropical Americas in 27…..I am guessing Monster Inc in 28 and Cars Land in 29…. I feel even though it was said everything would be completed in 5 years.., Villains land is really thought of more as a 2030 project at this stage… I believe it will happen at some point, but Villains is the area I am least confident it will makes it’s time frame…,I don’t think they have any type of attractions nailed down yet for that area… The concept art showed 2 areas with coasters… I don’t see Disney building 2 new coasters in a single new land… but time will tell

TrainsOfDisney

For the time we have left, I pitch this: put Jim hensons name back in the title of the ride
Disney doesn’t own “Jim Henson” they own “the muppets” - so it’s a bit tricky. Would be nice if they added a little tribute somewhere - Frank Oz is now a Disney legend so they could mention that too.
I feel even though it was said everything would be completed in 5 years.
What was the actual quote?

V_L_Raptor

This has been a day.

I have never seen this amount of conflicting information in regards to a location for a whole land that "already has dirt moving". Disney wouldn't lie to us about dirt already moving, right?

I guess if the wind moves the dirt I guess it's moving...

Because now, somehow again, some words are saying Animation, majority are saying Muppets, one is doing backflips and saying it's some other NEW BUILD expansion plot (WORDS OF THE DERANGED???) Because now I'm here going 'what the heck guys?' because I don't even think Disney knows where it's going!

Want my five cents? They're slipping different answers to different people, since they KNOW it'll end up appearing in the wild, and gauging reaction.

But that doesn't make sense, if they announced it with construction starting next year, why are they still deciding where to build?! Is Disney relying on people panic-buying Muppets merch to fund this?

I wish I liked the taste of alcohol because otherwise I'd be drinking.

Backtracking 100% Muppet odds but I'm hedging it at 80/20 currently in favor of Muppets being removed from Studios. I feel we're getting official word by end of the month regardless.

Just in time, say, for the Muppets’ 70th anniversary. Josh and crew are really getting ready to knock this one out of the park.

ETA: I don’t trust everything is smoothed out yet. Disney’s judgment is generally poor lately.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

We agree, everything TWDC does (in their theme park business) is about MONEY!!!!

TWDC's movie business can BURN THROUGH money freely because their movie business is about MESSAGEING!!
In this case both money and good park ops converge though. They’ve got an attraction that is almost unusable for large portions of the year because of the weather conditions. Replacing it with capacity that can be used year-round is not a bad thing. I get that it’s a classic, but I agree with Corless, it’s time has come.

Fido Chuckwagon

90 vs 95 isn’t going to feel any different with the same humidity levels
Even accepting that as true (and I really don’t), there are also now a LOT more days at or above 90 than there used to be. It’s not just the extreme weather events, it’s the number of days a year now that hit those high temps, and how long those temps last for on a given day. It’s just demonstrably much hotter, for longer, and more often, than it was 50 years ago.

celluloid

They did state construction will start in 2025 for both Monsters inc and Cars… anything can happen to cause delays… but at this moment I am thinking they are planning to have something new every year….the lounges, night parade, and Test Track 3.0 in 25…. Mando and Grogo mission on smuggler as well as new Zootopia show in 26….Tropical Americas in 27…..I am guessing Monster Inc in 28 and Cars Land in 29…. I feel even though it was said everything would be completed in 5 years.., Villains land is really thought of more as a 2030 project at this stage… I believe it will happen at some point, but Villains is the area I am least confident it will makes it’s time frame…,I don’t think they have any type of attractions nailed down yet for that area… The concept art showed 2 areas with coasters… I don’t see Disney building 2 new coasters in a single new land… but time will tell
When was the last.time Disney opened a land less than four years after commencement?
Cars will be 2028 to 2029. And that is likely generous.

The point still stands.it is far.too funny to call Villians land an "answer" to Monsters: Dark Universe. When there is a decade or more separation and other things on the horizon.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom