News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Advisable Joseph

Because now, somehow again, some words are saying Animation, majority are saying Muppets, one is doing backflips and saying it's some other NEW BUILD expansion plot (WORDS OF THE DERANGED???) Because now I'm here going 'what the heck guys?' because I don't even think Disney knows where it's going!
Perhaps the project is going to Grand Ave., but instead of using Muppetvision for a new show, a new theater will be buiilt, hence the "expansion plot" talk.

Disstevefan1

Accurate. Quickest for them anyways is what I should have said lol

They “might” redo HoP and put muppets in there but that would mostly be to solve a problem of theirs and of course not have to make another AA for it soon
I agree, If they were to change HOP to Muppets they could spin it as they are sort of "moving" the Muppets to HOP.

It would be cool if they made a new 3D movie celebrating democracy all over the world but mostly America starring Sam Eagle! LOL.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney wouldn't lie to us about dirt already moving, right?
Never!!! I’ll meet you at villains land in 5 years! Haha.

That model for the doors coaster was extremely basic - I don’t think this thing is ready to build wherever they want to plop it down.

One unique element of this - muppets is “owned” by imagineering and they have lots of fans within - it’s also an IP that takes up lots of space on Disney+ (a brand new documentary, multiple movies, multiple series, plus a Disney+ exclusive movie). That’s going to be viewed differently than Tom Sawyer Island, universe of energy etc.

Not saying that’s a reason it will for sure be saved - but it’s probably causing more discussion behind the scenes.

Disstevefan1

Never!!! I’ll meet you at villains land in 5 years! Haha.

That model for the doors coaster was extremely basic - I don’t think this thing is ready to build wherever they want to plop it down.

One unique element of this - muppets is “owned” by imagineering and they have lots of fans within - it’s also an IP that takes up lots of space on Disney+ (a brand new documentary, multiple movies, multiple series, plus a Disney+ exclusive movie). That’s going to be viewed differently than Tom Sawyer Island, universe of energy etc.

Not saying that’s a reason it will for sure be saved - but it’s probably causing more discussion behind the scenes.
You bring us hope - THANK YOU!!

EDIT - Villains land in 5 years FROM NOW???? What's that song, "To dream the impossible dream"
In my opinion, Villains is AT LEAST 10 years away..

Sneaky

Attachments

• Untitled37_20240816173143.png
    Untitled37_20240816173143.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 10

Erdago

You bring us hope - THANK YOU!!

EDIT - Villains land in 5 years FROM NOW???? What's that song, "To dream the impossible dream"
In my opinion, Villains is AT LEAST 10 years away..
Personally, I’m setting my expectations for Villains Opening to 2030/2031. I feel like they probably have actual plans for 2029 or so for Villains, and while I definitely expect delays, I don’t think they will be pushed that far back to be 5+ years away. Though maybe I am being overly optimistic.

Disstevefan1

Personally, I’m setting my expectations for Villains Opening to 2030/2031. I feel like they probably have actual plans for 2029 or so for Villains, and while I definitely expect delays, I don’t think they will be pushed that far back to be 5+ years away. Though maybe I am being overly optimistic.
Pandora took like 7 years?
How long did Galaxy's Edge take?
The EPCOT destruction does not count because of COVID.

Erdago

Pandora took like 7 years?
How long did Galaxy's Edge take?
The EPCOT destruction does not count because of COVID.
Pandora was six years (agreement was in 2011) , and I don’t think Galaxy’s Edge was longer than that. Even if we take D23 2024 as Day 1 (and since Villains was Blue Sky in 2022, I think we’re at least not at Day 1), I don’t think expecting it to take six or seven years is that optimistic. Meanwhile, assuming over a decade (significantly longer than either Pandora or Galaxy’s Edge as a minimum) feel a little pessimistic. I can see 2034 as a pessimist option, but that feels overly far for a earliest guess.

Brer Panther

TAKING ALL BETS! How much longer will we stuck with Launch Bay? And what unfitting IP will Tower of Terror eventually be rethemed to?

How do you think they even made this decision? Did they just go up to Iger and say "Okay, we're either gonna put it in the Muppets theater or Star Wars Launch Bay..." and he said "NO! You can't get rid of something Star Wars! Gotta be the Muppets!"?
Forgive a little soapboxing, but I think a lot of this worry/hurt comes from the fact that Disney has all but given up on the Muppets. This is the second longest drought without a Muppet movie and there has been no major TV special or theme park project to back them up. Muppet Haunted Mansion & Mayhem were both great but barely anyone knew about their existence. California's MuppetVision disappeared in 2014, there is barely any merch produced by Disney themselves, and as mentioned before they can't even be bothered to get Muppets Take Manhattan on Disney Plus. Little things like third-party produced action figures & board games and Waldos getting replaced by projections are the biggest news we Muppet fans have. The fact that operations are so keen to cut entertainment these days and additions have been extremely few and far between (barring next year's Electrical Parade!!) means a live show is all but unthinkable.
Blame Muppets Most Wanted for torpedoing the franchise. Disney hasn't had any idea what to do with the Muppets since then (though I personally liked the ABC series and Muppets Haunted Mansion).
Anyone looking for a positive? If the Muppets leave, so will quite possibly the worst pizza in all of WDW.
Nah, they'll probably just retheme PizzeRizzo to Roz's Pizza That You Need To File Paperwork To Order or something like that.

Erdago

Pandora - Jan ‘14 to May’17
Galaxy’s Edge - Apr’16 to Aug’19

You have (bad) selective memory. Did they announce Pandora well in advance of construction with no plans even started, yes. That’s is not the case here.
To be fair to the prior poster, those timeframes are based on construction start dates, and we don’t have a concrete construction start time for Villains. I definitely agree a decade is overly pessimistic, but I do feel those specific timeframes only mean so much until we have confirmation of a specific construction timetable.

lazyboy97o

Missed a few days here due to work, but has anyone discuss that TWDC has a "10 year plan" and all we've seen is the next 5 years? Monsters may go here because it's saving the space in Animation Courtyard for the back half of the 10 years of building?

I don't think this is the end all be all of turbocharged parks for a decade.
They do not actually have a ten year plan, and even when they do start looking that way it’s never what was first tossed around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom