News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

rd805

I actually don't care if they rip out muppets it's more if Star Tours and Launchbay outlast muppets that has me annoyed, that said we're getting an entire Monsters land which is a dream come true. Hollywood Studios despetley needs more lands, whether it be the Star Tours / Muppets plot or the Animation courtyard plot, it would still be increasing capacity.

Exactly -- I love Muppets, its a favorite. But if Launchbay is still here and they start construction elsewhere on a perfectly fine attraction area first - it's just.... dumb?

FiestaFunKid

And he’s not wrong when he stated on a recent episode that the Florida climate makes TSI a not very attractive attraction for much of the year now. Climate change makes outdoor playground type attractions useless most of the year in Florida. Maybe it was tons of fun 9 months of the year in 1971, but now I know we only visit TSI during our winter trips. I’m sure we’re not the only ones. It’s just too hot to enjoy it otherwise.

I hope he is right about Muppets, but according to ChatGPT, his TSI theory is nonsense...

In 1971, the average temperature in Orlando, Florida, was quite similar to what it is today, with a yearly average around 72-73°F (22-23°C).

doctornick

You’re a rational thinker.

You are presumptively not a WDW back of house CM who enjoys premium parking with cool access to DHS and the ability to just hop on a friendship boat or Skyliner to quickly grab lunch at EPCOT.

You are certainly correct. I guess I just don't understand how then can tell DL CMs to pound sound when they are losing their backstage space and need to go to some offsite location but at WDW they are in deference to not disturbing them but are fine with reducing the offerings to paying guests.

It's totally insane.

Sneaky

“Here at muppet labs, we are seeing how much soul crushing we can put parks fans through before they finally stop coming. We have been running this experiment since Mr toads closure in 1997, and we have yet to suceed.”

Disstevefan1

This has been a day.

I have never seen this amount of conflicting information in regards to a location for a whole land that "already has dirt moving". Disney wouldn't lie to us about dirt already moving, right?

I guess if the wind moves the dirt I guess it's moving...
Ha, good one.
I think the only dirt moving is in Josh D'amaro underwear
Because now, somehow again, some words are saying Animation, majority are saying Muppets
Agee.
one is doing backflips and saying it's some other NEW BUILD expansion plot (WORDS OF THE DERANGED???)
We all wish it was a NEW BUILD as that would be a TRUE EXPANSION and not a "Destroy and Replace"
Because now I'm here going 'what the heck guys?' because I don't even think Disney knows where it's going!
I agree, Disney does not know. I suspect things Disney said at D23; some fraction of that will resemble the truth eventually but no time soon.
Want my five cents? They're slipping different answers to different people, since they KNOW it'll end up appearing in the wild, and gauging reaction.
But that doesn't make sense, if they announced it with construction starting next year, why are they still deciding where to build?! Is Disney relying on people panic-buying Muppets merch to fund this?
I think it could be BOTH gauging reaction AND create panic buying.
Do we remember the panic buying related to Splash?
I wish I liked the taste of alcohol because otherwise I'd be drinking.
Mix Vodka with a soda you like ;) works for me.
Backtracking 100% Muppet odds but I'm hedging it at 80/20 currently in favor of Muppets being removed from Studios. I feel we're getting official word by end of the month regardless.
I agree with the odds because Disney does not care about their guests

Surferboy567

“Here at muppet labs, we are seeing how much soul crushing we can put parks fans through before they finally stop coming. We have been running this experiment since Mr toads closure in 1997, and we have yet to suceed.”
“The wheels of progress turn swiftly here” (beaker spins around in the machine screaming)

castlecake2.0

I mean, do people who work in the former Animation building have specific parks functions where they need to be onsite? I'm under the impression that they don't (anyone can feel free to correct me) and they could be just as easily served by an office in another location.

If that is true, then it preposterous to not move them immediately and tear that building down to expand the guest areas of the park. DHS is already kind of cramped with not enough stuff to do and poor guest flow due to dead ends. Removing the entire old Animation Building structure (not just Launch Bay) as well as parking that doesn't need to be within park boundaries is such a no brainer for the park's needs that it is infuriating that they are even talking about removing a currently used attraction for "expansion" instead.
Some people are park specific, others are not. Some could probably move to celebration or a new office built somewhere. As far as I can tell no no one in that office is being the stubborn ones, that’s just currently where they are told to report to work. From what I’ve gathered it’s Jeff V who wants to keep the building for now.

Sneaky

Call it being delusional, but I have hope.

Attachments

• Untitled36_20240816154011.png
    Untitled36_20240816154011.png
    355 KB · Views: 52

celluloid

Cars is happening… they already have permits filed… the only land I am iffy about is Villans land…. But I suspect that is a goal with Universals Monsters on the prowl
Which is wild that we are talking about a land being built and open ten plus years from now being competition to a land opening in 9 months as a part of an entirely new theme park.

In reality. Cars and villians will be up against Pokemon/Zelda/something else.

rd805

Which is wild that we are talking about a land being built and open ten plus years from now being competition to a land opening in 9 months as a part of an entirely new theme park.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Moth

Everything at D23 is their Pokémon answer. If the Universal rumor mills are true, and Simpsons is leaving after the Red coaster I forgot the name of gets a redo, and Pokémon is happening in 2027-8, then Monsters, Cars, and Tropical Americas, and presumably a project at Epcot that's mors than a bar is their answer to one of the most popular, profitable IPs globally.

djlaosc

Having never driven to DHS myself, when people are saying that Disney should build a cast member parking garage elsewhere, and use the car park for expansion, where is the dividing line between cast parking and guest parking?

Is it the right hand side of the Cast Services building?

James Alucobond

Having never driven to DHS myself, when people are saying that Disney should build a cast member parking garage elsewhere, and use the car park for expansion, where is the dividing line between cast parking and guest parking?

If I recall correctly, the farthest guest lot at DHS is the Olaf lot, which terminates somewhere around where Star Tours is.

djlaosc

If I recall correctly, the farthest guest lot at DHS is the Olaf lot, which terminates somewhere around where Star Tours is.

That's what I thought, looking at Google Maps.

If Disney wanted to build on the current cast parking, and didn't want to pay for a parking garage to be built, could they move cast parking to Olaf? How often does DHS require all of its current guest parking?

doctornick

Some people are park specific, others are not. Some could probably move to celebration or a new office built somewhere. As far as I can tell no no one in that office is being the stubborn ones, that’s just currently where they are told to report to work. From what I’ve gathered it’s Jeff V who wants to keep the building for now.

Well then Vahle is the idiot. You would think he would have a vested interest in making the park as good an experience for guests as possible to encourage repeat visits and more spend and better word of mouth. But maybe he doesn't care and thinks removing attractions in a park starved for things to do makes sense.

doctornick

I could be wrong, but I think this is:

1723840045504.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom