News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

Anyone looking for a positive? If the Muppets leave, so will quite possibly the worst pizza in all of WDW.

Will it?

It was a pizza place serving essentially the same thing (if not exactly the same thing) for 15-20 years before the Muppets moved in. It's more likely they'll just rename/retheme it and keep the same pizza than anything else.

Sneaky

Beloved attraction closes with much backlash, only small touch will remain, already have our first potential revival rumors. Gentleman, I think we have our next “imagination 4.0”: bring back the muppets. Better start buying merch, maybe it’ll be less than 30 years this time!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
For those it may concern.

Please see Kermit at his home in Hollywood Studios sooner rather than later.

Unless a huge upset happens, which would be unprecedented this close to construction, I've been informed by all those that I talk to that Muppets Courtyard is the definitive development space for Monsters Inc.

Any indication that Muppets will retain a presence at all (in DHS or elsewhere on property)? And if so, something ambitious (like a new permanent attraction), a stop gap option (like bringing back a street show like Great Moments), or just relegated to "appearances" as appropriate at festivals and seasonal events?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Beloved attraction closes with much backlash, only small touch will remain, already have our first potential revival rumors. Gentleman, I think we have our next “imagination 4.0”: bring back the muppets. Better start buying merch, maybe it’ll be less than 30 years this time!

They could literally reuse this trailer (with minimal changes)... (Hopefully with much less Ricky Gervais)

Sneaky

Any indication that Muppets will retain a presence at all (in DHS or elsewhere on property)? And if so, something ambitious (like a new permanent attraction), a stop gap option (like bringing back a street show like Great Moments), or just relegated to "appearances" as appropriate at festivals and seasonal events?
Rumors of hall of presidents replacement are kinda iffy right now. Could happen, could not. That’s what I get from what people are saying. Not an insider tho, just what people sayin in here. I personally maybe advocate for a laugh floor replacement. Make it an interactive muppet show in muppet labs!

jannerUK

If Muppets has to go, what scale of time (based on previous developments for other things at Disney) have we got to go and see it?
Would it be realistic that it will be there for our August 2025 trip?

sedati

Who decided that Muppets and AC were the options? I could see at least five possible options with neither of those being the most obvious or even easiest.
Wherever it goes, Disney usually utilizes some sort of transition elements. If it were in Animation Courtyard, I don't expect it would just be sitting off the hub, we'd pass through something to get there. Same with Muppets, I think the realistic city would morph into a monsterfied one. This would enable keeping Muppets, with everything past the entrance becoming Monsters which would still require a lot of demo and new construction. I still think the easiest currently available plots are behind Sunset Ranch and Backlot Express. The place I want them to put it personally would be just next to Toy Story Land, ripping out the garage and One Man's Dream. Then just keep expanding north to Rock'n'Roller in the future to create a whole cohesive World's of Pixar Land.

FiestaFunKid

Maybe most of the public has moved on - there are certainly folks on this forum who are not fans of the Muppets. But it is rather disheartening and difficult to accept that Iger & co. just don't want to throw the same amount of effort behind the Muppets as they do Star Wars, Marvel, Cars, Encanto, Moana, Monsters etc. because they weren't grand slams at the box office/Disney+. At least for their first 30 years of existence and that brief blip around the Jason Segel movie, the Muppets left an indelible, unique mark on the public. Monsters Inc. has always deserved better than just Laugh Floor and a Sulley meet, but the Muppets deserve better than nothing.

The biggest miss for me was not doing The Great Muppet Ride or something similar. Disney has sporadically tried a few things, some better than others (Haunted Mansion good, 2015 ABC Series not so good). However, an exciting kids ride leaning into the fun personalities of Fozzie, Gonzo, etc, etc could have helped matters IMO. There are great songs both from the classic (Paul Williams) and newer (Bret Mckenzie) movie soundtracks. Just seeing an animatronic Kermit singing 'The Rainbow Connection' on a log could be a magical scene.

Unfortunatley, it's more likely Disney believes interest has waned enough not to justify this type of investment at this point.

Disstevefan1

Forgive a little soapboxing, but I think a lot of this worry/hurt comes from the fact that Disney has all but given up on the Muppets. This is the second longest drought without a Muppet movie and there has been no major TV special or theme park project to back them up. Muppet Haunted Mansion & Mayhem were both great but barely anyone knew about their existence. California's MuppetVision disappeared in 2014, there is barely any merch produced by Disney themselves, and as mentioned before they can't even be bothered to get Muppets Take Manhattan on Disney Plus. Little things like third-party produced action figures & board games and Waldos getting replaced by projections are the biggest news we Muppet fans have. The fact that operations are so keen to cut entertainment these days and additions have been extremely few and far between (barring next year's Electrical Parade!!) means a live show is all but unthinkable.

In 2009, there was a large Muppets presentation at D23 in which various major projects were announced. Despite the fact that the majority did not come to fruition, this was a great time of hope for us. This year, we got a huge Avatar pavilion - even though Disney does not fully own the rights to the property - and Eric Jacobson wasn't even at the Miss Piggy panel.

Maybe most of the public has moved on - there are certainly folks on this forum who are not fans of the Muppets. But it is rather disheartening and difficult to accept that Iger & co. just don't want to throw the same amount of effort behind the Muppets as they do Star Wars, Marvel, Cars, Encanto, Moana, Monsters etc. because they weren't grand slams at the box office/Disney+. At least for their first 30 years of existence and that brief blip around the Jason Segel movie, the Muppets left an indelible, unique mark on the public. Monsters Inc. has always deserved better than just Laugh Floor and a Sulley meet, but the Muppets deserve better than nothing.
It makes you think, it’s only a matter of timer when they give up on Small World, COP and other classics.

There is really no end to this.

As for Muppets 3D, it’s the accountants that made this choice, TWDC does NOT care about their guests. The decision to destroy and replace Muppets 3D is a cold, hard, uncaring, business decision to keep costs to a minimum.

The guest, the person, their family, DOES NOT MATTER!

The accountants have made their decision.

It’s too bad TWDC has a leader who does not care for the guest, the person, the family, because if he cared he would say, “I don’t care how much more it would cost to put it in the launch bay - DO IT, because it’s better for our guests!

DKampy

They’d started digging for Main St Theatre when that was cancelled. Although it wasn’t officially cancelled, it was just never mentioned again.
Oh I get plans always can and will change…. But I think cars makes too much sense…I get people’s upset reactions… no loss for me with TSI…. But I will very much miss the Liberty Bell….but two unpopular attractions replacesd with a proven popular franchise… it should improve capacity with the attractions alone… plus it could help improve guest flow depending on how the new paths are configured

also times change….I believe the Florida parks were always designed with the intent on selling merchandise from day 1… not many kids playing cowboy and Indians or buying skin hats these days…Cars is one of Disney’s hottest sellers…I don’t know how much merchandise the Main Street theater would of sold

Jrb1979

Oh I get plans always can and will change…. But I think cars makes too much sense…I get people’s upset reactions… no loss for me with TSI…. But I will very much miss the Liberty Bell….but two unpopular attractions replacesd with a proven popular franchise… it should improve capacity with the attractions alone… plus it could help improve guest flow depending on how the new paths are configured

also times change….I believe the Florida parks were always designed with the intent on selling merchandise from day 1… not many kids playing cowboy and Indians or buying skin hats these days…Cars is one of Disney’s hottest sellers…I don’t know how much merchandise the Main Street theater would of sold
I disagree. From the beginning the parks were based on unique themes. Eisner at least recognized that and tried to keep that.

Iger and friends view the parks as dollar signs only. No care for nostalgia or theme.

Phicinfan

The show part is VERY rumor right now though. All we know for sure is a coaster. I question if there is enough room in that area for a show unless it's significantly smaller (or there is a ton of reworking of the behind the scenes things). Also, just going to throw it out there, I'm not sure I believe the playground ends up there either. I think it'd be a good addition, but I could see someone stepping in on that for the insurance reasons.
To this, is there any belief that MILF could end up over here? Would love to think there is some major plan for Tomorrow land to redo the Laugh Floor, Stich and maybe even Space Rangers spin with some new cool idea???

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If they take muppets 3d from us
1- they better make a muppets attraction somewhere else
2- announce and do something with launch Bay Area and all the unused space there that would otherwise be sitting there for years.

In typical fashion however Disney is going to take the quickest cheapest way to do something…. Not necessary the right something

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom