Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

njDizFan

Simple.. if you think WDW has become new coke... goto Disneyland for the original blend or go on a Disney Cruise to get the real good new stuff
I agree and I will definately accomplish both of those things soon. Although I have to admit I would miss DAK and the WS.

Kamikaze

The analogy is slightly flawed but I still don't think the OPs understands my response. You still drink the __________ coke because you still prefer it over all of it's competitiors but you wish they would bring back the original forumla. that is why Coke is still getting your beverage $$$s

The problem with that reasoning is that you're accepting New Coke.

When New Coke was actually introduced, you know what happened? Coke fans didn't buy it. At all. They wrote letters, organized campaigns, etc. And this was before the wondrous internet to help. And what happened? They changed it back. Why would Disney listen to people complaining about changes to the parks when they still go? When profits continue to be good?

If you want to be taken seriously, the 'fan' has to stop attending. Thats the only way to change it.

Now, people say that even with the switchback from New Coke to 'Coke Classic', there was a change in the recipe, and thats still debated. But they got 99% of what they wanted, because they put their foot down and fought for it. Very few here (or on Disney fan sites in general) are willing to do that.

njDizFan

When New Coke was actually introduced, you know what happened? Coke fans didn't buy it. At all. They wrote letters, organized campaigns, etc. And this was before the wondrous internet to help. And what happened? They changed it back. Why would Disney listen to people complaining about changes to the parks when they still go? When profits continue to be good?

If you want to be taken seriously, the 'fan' has to stop attending. Thats the only way to change it.

Now, people say that even with the switchback from New Coke to 'Coke Classic', there was a change in the recipe, and thats still debated. But they got 99% of what they wanted, because they put their foot down and fought for it. Very few here (or on Disney fan sites in general) are willing to do that.
:ROFLOL:

this whole anaolgy is becoming convoluted.

cslafferty

I prefer Pepsi, myself, but I'm wondering how far back in this thread I need to go to find out how things are going without the monorails running during EMH?:shrug:

Kamikaze

I prefer Pepsi, myself, but I'm wondering how far back in this thread I need to go to find out how things are going without the monorails running during EMH?:shrug:

The anecdotes from the first night were not horrible.

Its more of an issue when the trains are actually breaking down, because they aren't prepared for it.

You are correct, no doubt. However, there are two problems with this that I can see. First off, like you said, most people won't do this, so the few that do, essentially they are avoiding WDW, losing out on what is still a great trip, and not getting the message out. And second, this could always backfire... profits start to decline, Disney could sell the parks (without caring about maintaining creative input), cut operational budgets even more, ect.

To get slightly off subject, I am sure everyone on this board feels this way like me, but I just wish I could get hired in Imagineering... I feel like I would have the guts to make use of open door policies and really try to point out the simple things that can be done to really improve guest experiences!!!

Kamikaze

You are correct, no doubt. However, there are two problems with this that I can see. First off, like you said, most people won't do this, so the few that do, essentially they are avoiding WDW, losing out on what is still a great trip, and not getting the message out. And second, this could always backfire... profits start to decline, Disney could sell the parks (without caring about maintaining creative input), cut operational budgets even more, ect.

They're already trying to sell the parks.

AMartin767

They're already trying to sell the parks.

What evidence can you offer to support this statement? The following from 3rd quarter results apparently contradict such a notion:

The commentary came after Burbank, Calif.-based Disney reported that its profit for the quarter climbed 11 percent to nearly $1.5 billion, up from a little more than $1.3 billion a year ago. The gains were driven by the company's television networks and theme parks, which offset a slump at its movie studio.

devoy1701

What evidence can you offer to support this statement? The following from 3rd quarter results apparently contradict such a notion:

The commentary came after Burbank, Calif.-based Disney reported that its profit for the quarter climbed 11 percent to nearly $1.5 billion, up from a little more than $1.3 billion a year ago. The gains were driven by the company's television networks and theme parks, which offset a slump at its movie studio.

This conversation again?

Kamikaze

Read the forums, bro. Its in quite a few threads.
Here are the first two discussions.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=767069

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=771363

Basically, its been confirmed that they've been shopped.

Just because the parks make money doesn't mean they wouldn't sell them.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Read the forums, bro. Its in quite a few threads.
Here are the first two discussions.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=767069

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=771363

Basically, its been confirmed that they've been shopped.

Just because the parks make money doesn't mean they wouldn't sell them.

It hasn't been confirmed by anyone other than an anonymous internet poster. This rumor has not appeared anywhere but these forums. No other websites, not in print, nothing. Not to go down this road again, but this needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

njDizFan

It hasn't been confirmed by anyone other than an anonymous internet poster. This rumor has not appeared anywhere but these forums. No other websites, not in print, nothing. Not to go down this road again, but this needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
Incorrect, there were other sites that picked up on this rumor, but the orignal was started on the Laughingplace website by our friend(at least mine) Spirit 74

Kamikaze

What better sources do we have than Lee?
While I do find it strange that no 'real' media has caught hide nor hair of the story, Lee confirming it is basically as good as we can get as 100% fact in the DIC.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Incorrect, there were other sites that picked up on this rumor, but the orignal was started on the Laughingplace website by our friend(at least mine) Spirit 74

Who was said to be looking for attention (which he got). The rumor fizzled there and only continues to pop up...here.

menamechris

What better sources do we have than Lee?
While I do find it strange that no 'real' media has caught hide nor hair of the story, Lee confirming it is basically as good as we can get as 100% fact in the DIC.

Right...hhmmm... do you think Lee is the only "insider" on this site? Or any other site for that matter? Just a matter of fact - even within the company itself (on any issue) assumptions can be made, erroneous facts can be unintentionally presented, etc. As someone who knows several people within the company - I can guarantee incorrect leaks and stories have been posted by alot of different people. (And not to be intentionally inaccurate, I am sure). To assume anyone of us have all the answers (and positively correct ones) to what may or may not be going on at any given time is crazy talk... :wave:

mickey2008.1

Exactly! Where are the reports of how this new time schedule is affecting leaving the parks? Has anyone been there for ressies at a monorail resort after EMH? Was it more difficult to get there? Are there more busses? Is it still the same wait to get out of the park? Who cares about coke and park sales, this thread is about the monorail with a new operating schedule. Just the facts. Lets get this thread back on topic.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom