Monorails to no longer operate during Evening Extra Magic Hours

EvilQueen-T

i don't think you'll see much of a problem with dinner adr's until the summer is over and the parks start closing earlier. any guesses if they're running the monorail during mnsshp hours or is that considered after park closure as well? any first hand info on the boat situation from mk to the gf/poly during emh?

donaldfan

i don't think you'll see much of a problem with dinner adr's until the summer is over and the parks start closing earlier. any guesses if they're running the monorail during mnsshp hours or is that considered after park closure as well? any first hand info on the boat situation from mk to the gf/poly during emh?

I sent an e-mail to Disney asking how I was supposed to get to my dinner at CA grill from the Poly during MNSSHP, waiting for a response.

My plan was to take boat to MK, than CR boat. Reverse for after dinner, will take longer than the monorail obviously, and I'm not happy about that, but it's better than those d*!n busses.

If this is permanent, probably our last stay at the Poly. :-(

Jakester

Hopefully, they will keep it open.
On days when MK closes at 8pm, hopefully the resort will run 1hour after Epcot closes (9pm close so 10pm monorail shutdown).

Hopefully it will stay open for MNSSHP and MVMCP

peachykeen

Honestly the Monorail leadership team still doesn't quite know what the plan for the party nights is, but I truly can't imagine them shutting down at 8. That would be a bit extreme.

Tom

Beta Return
Honestly the Monorail leadership team still doesn't quite know what the plan for the party nights is, but I truly can't imagine them shutting down at 8. That would be a bit extreme.

The thing about party nights is that the park itself shuts down early, with the party ending at "normal" closing time, typically. Thus, it's different than EMH, where the park is open to an unusually late hour.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I sent an e-mail to Disney asking how I was supposed to get to my dinner at CA grill from the Poly during MNSSHP, waiting for a response.

My plan was to take boat to MK, than CR boat. Reverse for after dinner, will take longer than the monorail obviously, and I'm not happy about that, but it's better than those d*!n busses.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a direct boat between the MK and the Contemporary. The boat that docks at the Contemporary just runs between Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, and the Contemporary.

Kamikaze

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a direct boat between the MK and the Contemporary. The boat that docks at the Contemporary just runs between Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, and the Contemporary.

You're correct, no boat from MK to Contemp. The 5 minute walk makes up for it though.

desertrat

Were skipping poly next year because of the construction on the new dvc. I'm looking forward to tryng the beach club, but I hope they get the monorail situation worked out before 2013. We love the poly.

Kamikaze

Were skipping poly next year because of the construction on the new dvc. I'm looking forward to tryng the beach club, but I hope they get the monorail situation worked out before 2013. We love the poly.

No DVC at the Poly (yet). The construction is at the GF.

Also, its possible there will be refurb construction in the Epcot Area resorts as well, such as is going on right now at Beach.

invader

Might be biased towards it, but in my opinion the Yacht Club is much more worth it.

njDizFan

Thats not exactly accurate. That thread has gone from every topic from the sale, to Meg Crofton's promotion, to DVC, to potential upcoming attraction announcements, and the economy. If you actually read it - the discussion has been a much more "blue sky what-if" conversation.
I actually did read the entire thread, and made several posts. I was just claiming the thread length and discussion. Of course it went off topic as any thread of decent length will. So should I add up all the posts that were specifically on topic plus all the other threads that mentioned the topic to get a more accurate number.

Hold on I'll get right back to you on that.

Monorail_Orange

When you get an update, I think we would all like to hear the plan for party nights. If rails would still operate during the parties, I would change much of my opinion about this change.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I will try to get an update on parties as well since they are fast approaching.

Also, when the monorails shut down, watercraft puts one of the cruisers on the gold route, so it is then able to accommodate ECVs and strollers without folding them. It operates with 1 cruiser and one launch during EMH now.

To date, since this change, 1,811 feet of bus bar and 107 insulators have been replaced, over the course of an additional 66 hours of work time created by the change in operating hours.

draybook

The first MNSSHP is on the 13th, which will be the one we're attending. I'll be sure to post on how this affects the transportation for regular folks since we're not staying at a rail resort.

menamechris

I actually did read the entire thread, and made several posts. I was just claiming the thread length and discussion. Of course it went off topic as any thread of decent length will. So should I add up all the posts that were specifically on topic plus all the other threads that mentioned the topic to get a more accurate number.

Hold on I'll get right back to you on that.

I hope that was a failed attempt at sarcasm and/or humor, and you aren't actually still counting up posts... :wave:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
The first MNSSHP is on the 13th, which will be the one we're attending. I'll be sure to post on how this affects the transportation for regular folks since we're not staying at a rail resort.

Whether they run monorails or not, it will not affect you if you are not staying at a monorail resort

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
not official yet, but word is monorails will operate until 10:30 on party nights, which is basically 1 hr after fireworks for the parties. After that, ferries, the gold route, and busses will be available.

draybook

Whether they run monorails or not, it will not affect you if you are not staying at a monorail resort

It will if we're driving our rental car to the TTC. And yes, we're making that choice, before Kamikaze or one of those other fellows comes in here saying that I'm making it difficult on myself.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
It will if we're driving our rental car to the TTC. And yes, we're making that choice, before Kamikaze or one of those other fellows comes in here saying that I'm making it difficult on myself.

I was assuming you were using a Disney bus, but if you are driving, the only difference is after 10:30 you take a ferryboat instead of the monorail. During party nights, especially the first ones, attendance is low so it should be pretty seamless leaving the park after 10:30

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom