Disney completely missed the boat on this one. They should have called it:

mono1.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viridian

It's just like Teal, but with a much more pretentious name! I also nominate:

mono2.gif

or

mono3.gif

For train number 12.

(I confused the heck out of the automatronic at D23 with these colours :p)

:lol: What did the AA do?

montyz81

Great solution that addresses multiple facets of the issue. Retiring the colors is a nice subtle tribute to the incident; reusing the undamaged parts makes financial sense; the new color helps to keep moving forward.

Love the reference to "Meet the Robinsons" in your post.

Monorail_Red

I did this quickly in MS paint just to get a rough idea of what Monorail Teal will look like. I presume it will have the white deltas like Lime and Coral.

ac19a06c.jpg

trr1

Walt Disney World reveals new monorail

General Disney News</B>
Last Updated: Oct 15, 2009 - 8:20:47 PM​
By Leah Zanolla
Oct 15, 2009

Walt Disney World announced that it has built a new monorail train to replace the two that were damaged in a fatal collision this summer. The new train has been built from the undamaged portions of the trains involved in the accident.

The new monorail will have a teal stripe. The colors pink and purple will be retired out of respect for the cast members involved in the accident.

Before it begins carrying guests, "The train will be subject to the same extensive testing as any new vehicle we add to our transportation fleet," Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

The new train will be put into service later this year. Disney is planning to add a 12th train in 2010.

MickeyPalNick

Retiring colors

General Disney News</B>

Last Updated: Oct 15, 2009 - 8:20:47 PM​
By Leah Zanolla
Oct 15, 2009

Walt Disney World announced that it has built a new monorail train to replace the two that were damaged in a fatal collision this summer. The new train has been built from the undamaged portions of the trains involved in the accident.

The new monorail will have a teal stripe. The colors pink and purple will be retired out of respect for the cast members involved in the accident.

Before it begins carrying guests, "The train will be subject to the same extensive testing as any new vehicle we add to our transportation fleet," Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

The new train will be put into service later this year. Disney is planning to add a 12th train in 2010.

I love the idea that they are retiring the colors of the two trains. It reminds me a lot of what sports franchises do. It would be great to follow that up with a simple board with a pink stripe and a second with a purple stripe that is hung at the TTC, just like when teams retire a number and they hang them at the stadium. Simple, elegant, and unobtrusive while retaining the memory and meaning.

The other thing they could do...and I haven't been there since the accident...so I don't know if they are already doing it, but they could put a patch on the CM uniforms that have a pink and purple stripe on them. (Again, stealing from the sports theme.) Some teams do a black armband...

PalisadesPkteer

Lilac sounds interesting or how about Lavender?

My thought is that the Monorail pilots should be the ones to come up with how they whant to honor Austin themselves.

I feel they are the best possible people to honor Austin correctly and with subtleness that they themselves would be comfortable with. After all, they are on the rails everyday and have a better feel for how to honor him.

Retiring Pink and Purple colors is one nice way though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom