Monorail Teal?

EPCOT Explorer

That's what you think!
It would. :lol:
Sorry if this offends anyone but... if I'm a parent going to the Magic Kingdom on a monoral and I hear or see an a Austin memorial then that kind of spoils some of the magic. What if a child asks what happened to him? It'd be very hard to explain that tradgedy. Maybe I'm crazy, but he should have an obscure memorial like on the side of a monorail are his initials. Something not blatantly obvious for the everyday guests, but something obvious for CMs and people who knew him.
Well yeah, it would have to be subtle.
Eh, a complete refurbishment, where you basically take the entire car apart, would get rid of the smell easily enough. :shrug:
Exactly.

I would think if WDW does a remodel of the Mark VI trains it would be done via Bombardier (a mass transit company with lots of experience), the builders of the Mark VI trains.

DL's new Mark VII's were redone with WDI having to dismantle a train to reverse engineer it to design the new trains. Under the new train bodies is the 1969 Mark III chassis. All the building was done by a company in Canada. (Not Bombardier)

Of course new spiffy trains would be very cool,too.
picture.php
ThreadWIN!

Those are exactly the trains I would like them to use!:sohappy:
More than enough time. Monorail technology is leaps and bounds better, and that 99.9% reliability of our fleet has been tossed out the window due to their poor age.

A lil' bit of Disneyland's stylized design, but other than that, completely new trains.
Yep, but disagree on DL. Stylize OUR design. Like above. :D

Skipper Dan

My first trip to DL was last month, and I was not as impressed with their trains as I originally thought I would be. I thought I wanted them for us, but... no. It just wouldn't work. Plus, while I was riding in their monorail Orange? I kept hearing a quite whisper in the back of my mind saying, "Cheap... cheap... cheap..." :lookaroun

That's just what it felt like to me. It was like comparing the original Hummers, to the new ones. There is no comparison. I don't know, sorry... I'll stop ranting. :king:

PhotoDave219

Sorry if this offends anyone but... if I'm a parent going to the Magic Kingdom on a monoral and I hear or see an a Austin memorial then that kind of spoils some of the magic. What if a child asks what happened to him? It'd be very hard to explain that tradgedy. Maybe I'm crazy, but he should have an obscure memorial like on the side of a monorail are his initials. Something not blatantly obvious for the everyday guests, but something obvious for CMs and people who knew him.

I completely agree.

While a former front line CM myself, its about the show.

His memorial should be something subtle IMO that doesn't draw attention away from the show.

We seem to be a country that just memorializes everything rather than actually doing something to prevent the bad acts in the first place.

Oh yeah, Disney promotes the executives responsible instead. :fork:

EPCOT Explorer

I completely agree.

While a former front line CM myself, its about the show.

His memorial should be something subtle IMO that doesn't draw attention away from the show.

We seem to be a country that just memorializes everything rather than actually doing something to prevent the bad acts in the first place.

Oh yeah, Disney promotes the executives responsible instead. :fork:
I agree in full here, too. It needs to be VERY subtle.

Interesting thought about the country, though. Never thought of it like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom