Monorail system to close during non peak times for maintenance in early 2014

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Treasure Island and New York New York, off the top of my head.

Vegas is a different animal. Same goes for Atlantic City. Hotel profits are secondary to gambling revenue. The rooms are cheap to draw you in. But, I get your point. And you could almost look at WDW the same way you would Vegas. They need you in the hotels so that they can hammer you in the parks.

MonorailLover

You are spot on but it is already confirmed that the trains are going semi-auto with the pilots still being in place to do the more tedious things. Going through switches, opening and closing doors, etc. The new system will completely replace the MAPO system used now to regulate train spacing. From what I am hearing the minimum distance will be only 2 pylons, and that is extremely close.

Read this a couple months ago, just didn't wanted to get flak for being wrong, speculations are my friend!!! :)

MonorailLover

Vegas is a different animal. Same goes for Atlantic City. Hotel profits are secondary to gambling revenue. The rooms are cheap to draw you in. But, I get your point. And you could almost look at WDW the same way you would Vegas. They need you in the hotels so that they can hammer you in the parks.

Yes and no, depending on what hotels you go to, deluxe, different story, which is why people are ed about the closing. Deluxe rooms are the money makers IMO, I don't spend more than what a deluxe room costs everyday when I go...

MonorailLover

Disney loses lots of money daily on these freebie cabs. In true situations of going above and beyond, they do. Do not expect that out of the other joints in town. Yes, I am talking to you Sea World.

Lol, SeaWorld, what's that? The place in Horizons? I thought that was sea castle resort? huh, well names change...

JimboJones123

The ferry line is long. At least 3 ferries deep. And that is just 10 minutes after monorail close.

If you do head to MK they are running busses. Nobody seems to be aware of it either. They have no line at all.

Attachments

• 20140121_113903.jpg
    20140121_113903.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 79

lazyboy97o

Somebody should tell the team running the Walt Disney World Facebook page that maybe they should wait to tout "the complimentary transportation that’s included in a Disney Resort hotel stay" until a time when the monorails are not closed for a good chunk of the day. (Not that is seems anybody on said page notices.)

RSoxNo1

Somebody should tell the team running the Walt Disney World Facebook page that maybe they should wait to tout "the complimentary transportation that’s included in a Disney Resort hotel stay" until a time when the monorails are not closed for a good chunk of the day. (Not that is seems anybody on said page notices.)
Already responded saying pretty much that, although I was slightly more passive aggressive.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
All i have to say is it'll get fixed, everything will be fine, and eventually the monorails will be fixed! I have No worries about Disney screwing them up permanently... There a company, they will eventually invest back into there investments

Not if it means Iger/Rasulo/Staggs bonuses would be smaller

omurice

Glad I'm not the only one who found that "complimentary transportation" post completely out of touch with the current reality of the monorail resorts.
Well guests at the Poly can use the ferry to TTC, and everyone can use the resort launches and those new buses so... it's a little disorganized... it's very possibly inefficient. But it is indeed still complimentary! :)

I do hope they at least are giving guests the little "Transportation disruption" flyers. I got one (sure everyone did) on marathon weekend, but that was an event, and this is a 2 month thing. It must be a very awkward to convey this news. "So sorry - We're taking down the monorail for 2 months which you paid a premium to be on that line, and sorry we're announcing this long after you booked your stay quite probably months ago. Instead of the highway in the sky or the now over-burdened resort launches, why not cruise in style in a shiny BUS?"
How do you word this news in a nice and friendly way?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom