Monorail system to close during non peak times for maintenance in early 2014

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But they didn't in this case, and as you pointed out, it's certainly something they can do

They could even ADD BUSES between resorts as guests ASSUMED they would because of the lines in the presser about 'additional bus service will be provided' guess that meant 'to parks ONLY'. And people wonder why this board is a tough audience for TDO.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Was that Thursday? We're at Contemporary with a long line at the station and all of a sudden Red comes backwards into the hotel and my wife is like "did I imagine that?". Announcement is made that another unit can't close doors. Buses are on the way. Unknown when Red will leave, no idea. The CMs are clueless and have no info to give. We hop a bus direct to the Poly (!) and finally see Red roll in as we get there.

To me, the sad thing is that the CMs aren't being given the data needed to do their jobs and help guests as efficiently as possible. Especially since just about all of the guests have no idea what to do when the mono fails. Most of them were on the resort loop, at the CR, to go to the MK and didn't know it was a 5 minute walk away. And then wanted to treat the buses (with assigned routes) like personal taxis. What a mess.

CM's are not given information because a service not used is a cost not expended and Disney is fishing for pennies while Dollars go overhead, Do you think a First Timer at WDW who paid through the NOSE to stay on the Monorail loop is going to go back???. But all Today's Disney cares about is they have the first timers money!

Admiral01

Premium Member
But they didn't in this case, and as you pointed out, it's certainly something they can do

I think you hit it on the head - they COULD do this sort of thing, but they don't. I expect this sort of treatment at 4 and 5 star hotels worldwide. A taxi when you miss the train, an umbrella when its raining and you don't have one, a cup of coffee and breakfast when I need to be up in the morning, etc. All are things that you do when your focus is customer service. Disney is obviously not customer service focused any more.

MonorailLover

Hopefully, these closures will let them catch those dollars in the long term..... Hey, by the way, at least they made a system in WDW after Walt died, and still have it today.

Also, maybe they'll come out with a mark 8 eventually, who knows!!!(please don't get mad at me and antagonize Disney since I said this lol)

asianway

I think you hit it on the head - they COULD do this sort of thing, but they don't. I expect this sort of treatment at 4 and 5 star hotels worldwide. A taxi when you miss the train, an umbrella when its raining and you don't have one, a cup of coffee and breakfast when I need to be up in the morning, etc. All are things that you do when your focus is customer service. Disney is obviously not customer service focused any more.
People like you and I live in the real world where we stay at non Disney hotels, most of the pixie dust brigade may have only ever stayed at a MAGICal resort and have no idea $99 rooms usually come with free breakfast, maybe dinner, high end bedding packages & loyalty reward point accruals.

wannab@dis

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/got-a-phone-call-from-wdw-customer-service-today.879182/
There is a woman named Meghan who works at All-Star Music at the concierge desk. When my sister and I missed our Magical Express bus to go back to the airport, Meghan was the most helpful person in the world. Not only did she bend over backwards trying to get us another bus, but when that failed, she got us a complimentary Taxi to the airport - for just the two of us! I cannot tell you how great that was. This is the Disney difference. Even though it was definitely OUR fault for missing the bus, Meghan demonstrated that the Disney Magic extends beyond the four theme parks and into the hotel and transportation areas as well. Bravo to her and the whole staff at All-Star Music.

Oops... Maybe the issue is not with Disney's customer service. Plus, that was service at a VALUE resort.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
People like you and I live in the real world where we stay at non Disney hotels, most of the pixie dust brigade may have only ever stayed at a MAGICal resort and have no idea $99 rooms usually come with free breakfast, maybe dinner, high end bedding packages & loyalty reward point accruals.

Not saying you are wrong here, but where are you staying in $99 a night rooms? I have traveled a decent amount in my life, and I get excited to pay under $200 per night. I don't think I've ever paid under $100.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Depends on the market. Most of my travel is to suburban office parks and adjacent properties.

Ah okay. Different market. I don't travel for business at all, 100% of my travel is leisure, which means staying in the middle of the action typically. My last few non WDW trips are Boston (stayed at the Westin Copley Place, paid 280ish a night) Punta Cana(all inclusive, but it was around $300 per) and South Bend for a Notre Dame game.(those prices were outrageous, like 300 a night for a Courtyard by Marriott.)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
All i have to say is it'll get fixed, everything will be fine, and eventually the monorails will be fixed! I have No worries about Disney screwing them up permanently... There a company, they will eventually invest back into there investments

Are you part of the crew working on the Monorails? If so, can you tell them to paint one "pale dandelion"? THANKS!!!!

MonorailLover

Are you part of the crew working on the Monorails? If so, can you tell them to paint one "pale dandelion"? THANKS!!!!

Nope, don't worry, I'm a Disney and monorail lover who likes to speculate on companies meanings to companies announcements... I also try to stay positive of I ever want to work for them.

MonorailLover

I know, I know, cry it out. It'll be fine, you'll see.....

It's something. Major obviously because if they were just updating the insides, they would just remove like one a week and fix it...repeat.

I feel like they may be updating the computer system to make them partially autonomous, which may involve track work to install sensors(correct me if I'm wrong guys please) this would make them safer and remove the chance of another crash...

Again, I believe it's about more than we think... Mickey wouldn't allow it not to be. :)

asianway

Ah okay. Different market. I don't travel for business at all, 100% of my travel is leisure, which means staying in the middle of the action typically. My last few non WDW trips are Boston (stayed at the Westin Copley Place, paid 280ish a night) Punta Cana(all inclusive, but it was around $300 per) and South Bend for a Notre Dame game.(those prices were outrageous, like 300 a night for a Courtyard by Marriott.)
The Courtyard as far as Mishawaka will put you to the screws for a ND home game lol

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not saying you are wrong here, but where are you staying in $99 a night rooms? I have traveled a decent amount in my life, and I get excited to pay under $200 per night. I don't think I've ever paid under $100.

Treasure Island and New York New York, off the top of my head.

Figment2005

I know, I know, cry it out. It'll be fine, you'll see.....

It's something. Major obviously because if they were just updating the insides, they would just remove like one a week and fix it...repeat.

I feel like they may be updating the computer system to make them partially autonomous, which may involve track work to install sensors(correct me if I'm wrong guys please) this would make them safer and remove the chance of another crash...

Again, I believe it's about more than we think... Mickey wouldn't allow it not to be. :)
You are spot on but it is already confirmed that the trains are going semi-auto with the pilots still being in place to do the more tedious things. Going through switches, opening and closing doors, etc. The new system will completely replace the MAPO system used now to regulate train spacing. From what I am hearing the minimum distance will be only 2 pylons, and that is extremely close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom