News Monorail Red in motion with guests on board and doors open

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
At the end of the day readers are going to have to decide what is more likely: my post citing regulations or the post of a documented and repeated liar saying that accountants are having the emergency call buttons of elevators disabled.
I know my accountant is always on me about disabling the All-stop emergency buttons at my station. "What are the odds of a fire starting at the pumps" he says. "Why waste that electricity" he says. "While we are at it. Shut down the underground tank monitor. No chance those tanks leak, don't waste your money. BONUS!!!!"

Thus far I have been able to hold off these cost cutting measures, but if bonuses are involved, I may have to put State and Federal regulations along with the safety of my employees and customers to the side.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It would be illegal and the elevator should fail inspection and be taken out of service. It's required that elevators have a means of 2 way communication with someone else.

You should never think that anything @ford91exploder post is true. If he says the sky is blue then you should go out and check.
looks blue to me ...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
At this point in time it is not determined if this is an oversight in maintenance or a point failure.

I know that facts don't matter to you, but I maintain hope that they do for a large majority of the posters here.

Jumping to conclusions in a situation of this importance is irresponsible.

But it is a good form of exercise.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Too many years in corporate america ive seen it all and much of it is not good many elevators 'emergency' button not connected so some bean counter can 'save' the 30 bucks/mo 'because it will never be used'.

That's bull and you know it. Elevators are inspected on a regular basis - the certificate of operation is mounted in the car. If that emergency button wasn't working, the elevator would be taken out of service until the problem was fixed. They work, trust me, I've used them.

You really need to stop spreading misinformation about things you obviously have little knowledge of.

Bender123

Attachments

• CLicRc1UAAA6qcz.jpg
    CLicRc1UAAA6qcz.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 324

jakeman

Would this be an issue that the FLDOT or OSHA (maybe not OSHA since employees weren't on board) would look into? I would think an independent inspection would be key to root causing this.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Once again you demonstrate your complete ignorance of the 'real world' in my state elevators are supposed to be inspected annually by state inspectors, the reality due to a shortage of inspectors elevators get inspected every 2-4 years, I was in a state building for crying out loud an the certificate expired in 2014!

So yeah there is an incentive to cut corners because of lax inspection regimes.

But, but, you said it was due to accountants......

The lack of state inspectors is due to legislative action, not bean counters. I rode an elevator, 6-8 times a day for over 40 years. None had an expired certificate. You must live in the state of denial.

Nubs70

At this point in time it is not determined if this is an oversight in maintenance or a point failure
At this point we know it is a failure in maintenance. The question is did this event occur by circumstance or intent?

Was a fail/close sensor installed instead of a fail/open? Or was sensor intentionally bypassed?

LAKid53

Premium Member
At this point we know it is a failure in maintenance. The question is did this event occur by circumstance or intent?

Was a fail/close sensor installed instead of a fail/open? Or was sensor intentionally bypassed?

I'd be cautious about alleging this was an intentional act on a public forum.

@jakeman is correct. None of us on this forum at this time know if it was poor maintenance or a point failure.

jakeman

Do we though (legitimately asking although I know it comes across as snarky)?

We know something failed, but did it fail because it was past it use life and not replaced? Was it damaged and approved? Or was this a spontaneous failure not related to maintenance?

Using probably an inadequate airplane analogy, maintenance is performed routinely on airplanes, but sometimes you get stuck at the gate (or heaven forbid crash) because something just breaks.

ABQ

It's hardly a known failure in maintenance. I'm not making excuses, I just can't accept that as you claim, we know it is a failure. For all we do or do not know, a brand spanking new sensor could have been installed on New Year's Day and it simply broke today. I would hope there are redundancies, but things do break, even new things.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Do we though (legitimately asking although I know it comes across as snarky)?

We know something failed, but did it fail because it was past it use life and not replaced? Was it damaged and approved? Or was this a spontaneous failure not related to maintenance?

Using probably an inadequate airplane analogy, maintenance is performed routinely on airplanes, but sometimes you get stuck at the gate (or heaven forbid crash) because something just breaks.

No, your airplane analogy was on target....

Nubs70

It's hardly a known failure in maintenance. I'm not making excuses, I just can't accept that as you claim, we know it is a failure. For all we do or do not know, a brand spanking new sensor could have been installed on New Year's Day and it simply broke today. I would hope there are redundancies, but things do break, even new things.
So you're saying it is entirely permissible for the monorail to travel with doors open under normal operation?

LAKid53

Premium Member
So you're saying it is entirely permissible for the monorail to travel with doors open under normal operation?

That's not what he said. You're insisting that the doors opening was a failure of maintenance or an intentional act. He said that at this point it's unclear what caused the doors to open. No one has stated it is okay for the monorail to operate with a door open in one of the cars.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That's not what he said. You're insisting that the doors opening was a failure of maintenance or an intentional act. He said that at this point it's unclear what caused the doors to open. No one has stated it is okay for the monorail to operate with a door open in one of the cars.

Unless it's offered with a dessert party, then it's totally ok. :joyfull:

jakeman

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom