News Monorail Red in motion with guests on board and doors open

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Looks like Disney has put signs up. Provided by Blog Mickey
monorail-lean-signs-01092018-2.jpg

They have similar signs on the buses because people lean against the doors.

DisneyDebRob

Foltzy

This thread is nine pages long and I don't really have the time to read through it all but I wanna post what first went through my mind. So if somebody already posted something similar and this is a double post, my apologies.

It's no wonder Disney keeps charging more for everything, people have been getting into Epcot free. I mean, free admission outweighs the cost of broken bones or more.
(In all seriousness I first thought of people jumping out and not paying to get in, what has Disney become that this is my first thought?)

crxbrett

That's definitely not good and not something Disney wants to happen. A door opening in the middle of the ride could have been disastrous. Luckily, it looked like everyone was sitting away from the door and making sure not to go near it and just enjoyed a super cold and drafty Monorail ride to the park. Can you imagine if it had been open on one of the high banked turns with someone standing next to the door or if a kid had been running around and accidentally jumped out? When I went this past summer a big motorized scooter with the person sitting on it sat in the same exact area all the way up to the door. That would have been scary for that person had a door swung open mid-ride. Geeez lol

Hoping Disney inspects what caused this and takes every measurable step to insure it would never happen again. The fact this got recorded on someone's phone and the news reporting it is good for all us guests visiting. Had it gone unnoticed Disney may not have done a thing to fix the problem or investigate. Hopefully that is not the case now.

-

Brad Bishop

I can't believe people are getting onto the person's case for filming this. If they didn't, nobody would believe it and there would be no attention to the subject. It's pretty damn smart to preserve this to prove that Disney isn't so perfect.

I was thinking the same thing. It's like the person who was there and was filming it is the problem and not the huge company's fault for running failing monorails.

NearTheEars

I know it’s a lot to ask to take someone’s word for it over the Internet, but I can promise you they’ve been up for a while now. I don’t know why the person who posted that video is acting like this is in response to the incident. Clickbait, I guess.

I don't think they posted the video because of the stickers, it was because the door was wide open haha...... Well, I guess it's not actually funny.

NearTheEars

Well I’m assuming you’re not going to log in, so I took some screen shots. It’s says uploaded Tuesday but it means last Tuesday not today. The time stamp is proof of thatView attachment 255441View attachment 255442View attachment 255444View attachment 255445

OK, so they were definitely there last Tuesday then, so saying they've been up for "months" might be a stretch. "weeks" maybe. Either way, they should have fixed the problem and not just affixed the stickers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom