News Monorail Red in motion with guests on board and doors open

JohnD

So in all likelihood the pilot (now basically a seat warmer for the automation system) had no idea this was even happening? And because the MORONS in the vid were more interested in filming it rather than being responsible in alerting someone to the danger....wow. I mean the only thing the pilot could have done is glanced at the mirrors on the straightaway and maybe they could have seen it.

And how exactly would you alert someone when you're in a monorail cab while it is in motion? Might as well record it and show it to CM at the next station.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
But, but, you said it was due to accountants......

The lack of state inspectors is due to legislative action, not bean counters. I rode an elevator, 6-8 times a day for over 40 years. None had an expired certificate. You must live in the state of denial.
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0.jpg

Bender123

If you cant pay attention to the safety features of the vehicle you are in, then its really hard to feel sorry for you...Considering these people have a 10 minute trip to look for that phone, which has a huge cabinet at each end that is clearly labeled "Emergency Intercom". To make it worse, you could literally call any hotel front desk, with the phone you are holding, and report the massive safety issue...Its not that hard.
Monorail_Full_23413.jpg

rle4lunch

While I agree that these maintenance issues DEFINITELY need to be fixed, the fact that people post something to the effect of 'having a panic attack' prompts me to immediately scoff at their stupidity. Instead of voicing their concerns to disney management, they post a dumb a$$ tweet complaining and espousing their faux concern for their well-being.

JohnD

If you cant pay attention to the safety features of the vehicle you are in, then its really hard to feel sorry for you...Considering these people have a 10 minute trip to look for that phone, which has a huge cabinet at each end that is clearly labeled "Emergency Intercom". To make it worse, you could literally call any hotel front desk, with the phone you are holding, and report the massive safety issue...Its not that hard.View attachment 255537

A little yellow icon with a phone symbol with the words, "Emergency Intercom". Yeah. Completely obvious to me. (sarcasm) I thought people were saying there were actual phones with a visible handset that could be lifted. I bet if you were to take a random sampling by stepping onto monorail cars at random, 99.99% of the passengers wouldn't have a clue where these are.

Bender123

A little yellow icon with a phone symbol with the words, "Emergency Intercom". Yeah. Completely obvious to me. (sarcasm) I thought people were saying there were actual phones with a visible handset that could be lifted. I bet if you were to take a random sampling by stepping onto monorail cars at random, 99.99% of the passengers wouldn't have a clue where these are.

That box is like five feet wide and there is one visible to you no matter where you are sitting! Nobody was observant enough to wonder what was in the giant boxes with glowing yellow lights that include a telephone picture on them?

Do we need a giant red sign with "EMERGENCY PHONE!!!!!" and arrows surrounding them?

TheGhostWithTheMost

I haven't read this thread. I'm just commenting to say that nothing surprises me. This is the company that got Jungle Cruise skippers to sign papers stating it was okay for Disney to do work in the Temple, which but a lot of breathable asbestos in the air, while they still drove the boats. This is the company who I saw a manager refuse to get a Haunted Mansion cast member leave her post due to illness until the cast member passed out in front of guests. This is the company where my friend had to walk out of their job, quitting the company, because no one would give them a bathroom break. They don't give a flip about safety. Pirates of the Caribbean will kill someone before it gets the refurb it deserves and many other attractions are in the same boat.

crxbrett

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but there are a lot of assumptions going on in here as to why nobody got on a phone. There's a possibility someone in the Monorail did call on one of the emergency phones. I don't think you would be able to hear it on the video and you sure as heck would not be able to see it happening.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I haven't read this thread. I'm just commenting to say that nothing surprises me. This is the company that got Jungle Cruise skippers to sign papers stating it was okay for Disney to do work in the Temple, which but a lot of breathable asbestos in the air, while they still drove the boats. This is the company who I saw a manager refuse to get a Haunted Mansion cast member leave her post due to illness until the cast member passed out in front of guests. This is the company where my friend had to walk out of their job, quitting the company, because no one would give them a bathroom break. They don't give a flip about safety. Pirates of the Caribbean will kill someone before it gets the refurb it deserves and many other attractions are in the same boat.
Hmm. Maybe this isn't the best place for personal grudges against Disney Employment? Your complaint has essentially nothing to do with the issue at hand. You are undermining your own agenda with this post.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom